TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best place to sell your Shelby..?

cormy

Looking to upgrade but need to sell mine first.

Was wondering what some ideas were concerning the best place to list it.

Currently on Cars.com but doesn't seem to be getting much interest.

Craigslist is just full of lowballers..

Any Ebay success stories? Other on line avenues to pursue?

Looking to upgrade but need to sell mine first.

Was wondering what some ideas were concerning the best place to list it.

Currently on Cars.com but doesn't seem to be getting much interest.

Craigslist is just full of lowballers..

Any Ebay success stories? Other on line avenues to pursue?

Ebay will get you the most exposure. You could also try AutoTrader but I suspect the results there would be similar to Cars.com

GLWS

Steve

Yes, there seems to be a multitude of online venues. Car Gurus, cars for sale.com, autotrader, Truecar, Autobytel..

Correct but wouldn't you want to use the one that offers the most exposure like ebay? Many people list their car on ebay but usually end up making the sale off of ebay with someone who saw their ebay ad.

If you do use ebay and if you use a fixed price buy it now ebay ad, be sure to require an immediate Paypal deposit of say $500 if not you will have scammers use the buy it now button so that they can try to send you a fake payment for the car. Only accept some sort of guaranteed funds. Do not accept Western Union.

Steve

Try auto trader.

eBay has too many tire kickers.

Actually Craigs List gets you local exposure which is a real plus. Just agree to meet at a neutral location (like Cars and Coffee) and if they won't then figure they just wanted to scope out your hose.

I guess if a cute looking hottie :drool: is looking at it, that's okay.... but if it's a guy, I wouldn't like it.... :stop:

sorry just couldn't resist....

GLWS!

While eBay does get the large audience they charge too much for the service in my opinion. I've purchased cars that were listed on eBay, but did not buy through eBay. When the car didn't reach its reserve, which happens most of the time, I contact the sellers and asked what they are asking and made the purchase off line, for a lower amount because I saved the seller some of the eBay fee.

Craig's List is only as good as the market/city you reside. I bought and sold cars in Fort Worth through Craig's List with good results but now that I'm in Sothern Maryland is a crapshoot.

Edited by EL SHELBY

Unless things have changed eBay gives you 6 free car for sale listings each year. Ebay doesn't charge you to list your car for sale but does charge $125 if your car sells on ebay. As previously mentioned many sellers make contact on ebay but sell off of ebay. If you sell the car off of ebay then of course there is no selling fee of $125

Most importantly sell where you are most comfortable.

Steve

It's been almost 4 years but my son tried to sell his Jensen Healey on Ebay.......and did, twice! Problem was neither of the buyers ever followed through! Very disappointing! You might also look at Bring A Trailer.....they run online auctions every week.

Good luck!

It's been almost 4 years but my son tried to sell his Jensen Healey on Ebay.......and did, twice! Problem was neither of the buyers ever followed through! Very disappointing! You might also look at Bring A Trailer.....they run online auctions every week.

Good luck!

Did your son use the immediate Paypal deposit? Solves many problems by doing so as you weed out the scammers and idiots who never had any intention to pay.

Steve