TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 inventory building up......

Wow.....

I love the "seat of the pants" feel in my Track Pak car.

I sold my 2008 GT500 to buy this car....it had the FRPP KR tune and mufflers. 540 hp? Anyway, I never even test drove a single S550. Didn't care. Knew this car would be special. And as of now, still grin from ear to ear when I hit the skinny pedal! :rockon:

It clearly does not have the "grunt" of my old 500, but it's not too shabby. :shrug:

I probably should have bought a R. But there were none @ MSRP. Maybe in a year or two who knows. I miss the seat of the pants feel of the 13/14 GT500 but like the looks of the 16 much better. So will wait for the next GT 500.

I did get my money back on the 350. The used ones are still bringing good money.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I probably should have bought a R. But there were none @ MSRP. Maybe in a year or two who knows. I miss the seat of the pants feel of the 13/14 GT500 but like the looks of the 16 much better. So will wait for the next GT 500.

I did get my money back on the 350. The used ones are still bringing good money.

You bought a 2016 GT350 and Sold it already, why?

The seat of the pants feel of the 350 after driving a gt500 and a C7 Z51. It just didn't float my boat. It's a long story but I had $56k in the 350 tech car because of a trade and got $57k trade towards a 15 C7 and $5K back. I'll wait for the GT500 over the next couple of years. You get caught in any gear under 4000rpm and it's nobody home. Just drove it for two months and once I broke her in ....it wasn't what I thought it would be. My 13 Boss felt stronger on the street and hit the power band quicker. Last thing was the heat issues with the tech car. I couldn't run it flat out without overheating the trans. My bad for buying one. When I bought the 350 there were NO used ones to test drive .

I don't mention this on the mustang6 forum because they will roast me alive. People on this forum take it in stride.

Edited by mach 1 1970

The seat of the pants feel of the 350 after driving a gt500 and a C7 Z51. It just didn't float my boat. It's a long story but I had $56k in the 350 tech car because of a trade and got $57k trade towards a 15 C7 and $5K back. I'll wait for the GT500 over the next couple of years. You get caught in any gear under 4000rpm and it's nobody home. Just drove it for two months and once I broke her in ....it wasn't what I thought it would be. My 13 Boss felt stronger on the street and hit the power band quicker. Last thing was the heat issues with the tech car. I couldn't run it flat out without overheating the trans. My bad for buying one. When I bought the 350 there were NO used ones to test drive .

I don't mention this on the mustang6 forum because they will roast me alive. People on this forum take it in stride.

I'd say that is a fair comment. The cross plane crank motor is designed for revs, not torque. If I bought a GT350 looking for a drag racing car, I would be disappointed as well. Off the line is not very important to me though whereas cornering and lap times are.

My C7 is a COMPLETELY different animal, than my 350. I reckon I oughtta be very grateful to have both. :blush:

I'd say that is a fair comment. The cross plane crank motor is designed for revs, not torque. If I bought a GT350 looking for a drag racing car, I would be disappointed as well. Off the line is not very important to me though whereas cornering and lap times are.

Your words 'flat plane crank motor is designed for revs not torque and if you bought a GT350 looking for a drag racing car you would be disappointed' is the perfect statement and should be POSTED in every Ford dealership!!

Listen people or you GT350 bashers this car was built for the track and spirited driving period! Its not the 5.8 GT500 monster motor that is a completely different car and chassis and you shouldn't be comparing the two. When Ford brings back the GT500 it'll be completely different from the GT350 so these people saying its not this or that it was never meant to be a drag racer or daily driver.

The new GT350 is by far the best Mustang ever built and is why Chevy had to redo the Camaro and the Corvette because the lil ol' GT350 was kicking its ass

My C7 is a COMPLETELY different animal, than my 350. I reckon I oughtta be very grateful to have both. :blush:

you guys have Corvettes too? Communists

Your words 'flat plane crank motor is designed for revs not torque and if you bought a GT350 looking for a drag racing car you would be disappointed' is the perfect statement and should be POSTED in every Ford dealership!!

Listen people or you GT350 bashers this car was built for the track and spirited driving period! Its not the 5.8 GT500 monster motor that is a completely different car and chassis and you shouldn't be comparing the two. When Ford brings back the GT500 it'll be completely different from the GT350 so these people saying its not this or that it was never meant to be a drag racer or daily driver.

The new GT350 is by far the best Mustang ever built and is why Chevy had to redo the Camaro and the Corvette because the lil ol' GT350 was kicking its ass

I agree 100% :thumbsup:

The 350 is the best track mustang ever. Never said it isn't and I'm not bashing the car. My situation allowed me to test drive the car once it was broken in and decided it was not for me. Actually got money back. I'm wondering how the 14 GT500 would compare on the track with the 350 track pack car. Had the brakes been better Randy Pobst test drive might have been better against the Z/28. I realize the 350 is not meant for drag racing but on the street it just was not neck snapping acceleration that I want.

Let's get real the 350 has never kicked the C7 Z51 ass in any category except A few mag people said they had more fun driving one. It's slower on the track and in all acceleration , cornering and braking numbers. The 350 is meant to go against the Z/28 not the Vette. Go back and read the article. http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2016-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-z51-vs-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-comparison-test

Edited by mach 1 1970

I hope the trade in trend continues. It will mean lower prices for the second owners :yahoo: I still say a set of 4.30s will get you the off the line acceleration that's missing. Sure you'll lose top end speed but, 99% of car owners never top out their cars anyway. Now where is that Deep Impact Blue "R" owner that just had a baby and needs a mini van :drool:

Edited by ShakeMe

Ford Performance hasn't come up with a solution yet for the trans and diff overheating. Some people are selling and moving to a 17 or another brand. Kelly Blue Book has a $3K difference between the track car VS tech pack option. Remember the tech car was more expensive then the track car. I think you will see more used ones hitting the market if the solution isn't soon. I never hit limp mode with my car but did notice some power loss in WOT situations in 95 degree weather. Why Ford didn't market the car like the 17 model is beyond me.

Not sure what Ford's problem is. They made a transmission cooler standard on the Laguna Seca Boss 302 and is still sold off the shelf from Ford Performance Parts. Even Shelby has one. :shrug:

Edit: My cheap '14 Track Pack car has a factory larger radiator, oil cooler and rear differential cooler so I threw on the Shelby transmission cooler for just $75. Just saying.

Edit: Forgot to add oil cooler

Edited by Secondo

I think in time Ford will have a solution for the people concerned about tracking their tech cars. Most tech owners probably are not going to track their car and things are fine.

I would think that Ford would use what it is learning with the GT350R/C at the track to make improvements to the heating problems on the street cars.

Just to make things clear there are no cooling problems if you ordered the track pack option. The trans and the diff have coolers. All 350's have engine oil coolers. Edited by mach 1 1970

I am seeing the 2017 GT350 inventory starting to build up. I have been watching the listings on Cars.com for about the last three or four weeks. Anywhere from one to four cars are being added daily to my list of results on Cars.com. There are currently 57 vehicles listed within 500 miles of my location. Last week there were 51 vehicles.

There are still over 140 2016 GT350 vehicles in my search results. That number was 145 about a week ago.

Just checking in here. As of today there are now 100 listed (vs 51 back in mid-July) on Cars.com with the same search criteria that I used previously.

Just checking in here. As of today there are now 100 listed (vs 51 back in mid-July) on Cars.com with the same search criteria that I used previously.

A lot of 2016's left still, it appears the ADM's have either come down or gone away, I wouldn't even buy a 2016 for MSRP, I much prefer the 2017 option packages and I am loving the New Blue!!!! Another case of being greedy costing you in the end, I do not feel bad for any of the dealers.

A lot of 2016's left still, it appears the ADM's have either come down or gone away, I wouldn't even buy a 2016 for MSRP, I much prefer the 2017 option packages and I am loving the New Blue!!!! Another case of being greedy costing you in the end, I do not feel bad for any of the dealers.

As of right now, I wouldn't pay MSRP for either year. Okay maybe a 2015 trac pack.