TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 inventory building up......

Autotrader now shows 24 within 100 miles of my Zip code, some dealers don't use Autotrader so it's probably slightly higher then that. Most have a 10K ADM, one has a 20K, obviously that dealer hasn't done their homework (or they are keeping it as a trophy in the dealer purposely). I'm aware of several that have been at $10k ADM for several months, this is good news for anyone holding out for the 2017. MSRP will be the norm very soon.

Smart dealers would go down to $5K ADM and take the money while they can.

Edited by carnut12

Autotrader now shows 24 within 100 miles of my Zip code, some dealers don't use Autotrader so it's probably slightly higher then that. Most have a 10K ADM, one has a 20K, obviously that dealer hasn't done their homework (or they are keeping it as a trophy in the dealer purposely). I'm aware of several that have been at $10k ADM for several months, this is good news for anyone holding out for the 2017. MSRP will be the norm very soon.

Smart dealers would go down to $5K ADM and take the money while they can.

...hummm, I anticipate the 2017 carrying an increase in the basic MSRP. It will reflect the inclusion of the track components as standard features. Hence the pricing scheme will shift upwards. The bulk of remaining 2016s will be tech optioned packages. As we know, desirable only to those seeking the comfort vs. optimal performance. The new Camaro ZL1 may add some upward pressure since the base model is anticipated to price north of 60k. So, do the math. Dont hold your breath for a virgin 2016 Track model to become an MSRP animal. IMO.

Edited by Voodoo Child

Actually Ford has already stated pricing on the '17 will be same as a '16 with like options.

Yes, and the ZL1 comes standard with items such as the Track Package so it will be a higher MSRP.

Dealers did this to the Boss 302, they did it to the Thunderbird, they did it to the Mach 1 in 2003/2004, they tried doing it to the Shelby GT, they will do it to the Focus RS. I would bet they lose more sales dollars in the long run then they gain on the ADM's, I know this is the case with the Boss 302, Thunderbird, and Mach 1, they couldn't give those away at the end. There is no doubt in my mind the sell through would have been significantly higher if not for ADM's, more then likely the $3-4K rebates would not have been needed. Go to other forums, MANY folks moved on to other cars because of the ADM's on the GT350, I did so back in 2006 with the 2007 GT500. I am one that came back, but how many do not? I would bet most. So if someone like me that flips cars every other year goes to Chevy and buys a Corvette instead (Check out the forum, there are many that have already done so due to the ADM's) what happens when I am looking for my next truck or my kids cars? Many stick with a brand, they are brought into the dealer for service and end up looking even if they didn't plan too do so. You can not put a value on this, its significant lost sales and brand loyalty.

My Shelby GT is a great example, it had an ADM on it, that is more then likely the reason it was still on the sale floor. I ended up getting it for X-Plan and 0% financing for 72 months, otherwise I would have kept my M3.

When 2017's hit who would even buy a 2016 for MSRP? I wouldn't, that is for sure.

Oh well, rant over. I just do not understand how they do not learn from history, they make enough at MSRP. The 2007 GT500 was different, I get that whole fiasco, it was the first Shelby in many years, but even those ADM's lingered well beyond demand.

ADM and MSRP are two different things. I get what you are saying and agree but Ford hasn't raised the MSRP of the '17. They have only eliminated the lower priced combination (or lack of) options. If you look at eBay, the vast majority of GT350 being offered are those without the track pack. This tells me these are the cars dealers ordered or where offered by Ford vs those that customers ordered. Ford has stated that the reason for the option package change was do to the low take rate on the non-track pack option (and I suspect it's also due to non-track pack equipped cars going into limp mode after a handful of laps). But, maybe the low take rate is due to the ADMs....

My SGT, an early build, sat at the dealership so long that not only was I able to take advantage of a rebate but the dealer had to replace the battery when I pick it up.

Edited by EL SHELBY

ADM and MSRP are two different things. I get what you are saying and agree but Ford hasn't raised the MSRP of the '17. They have only eliminated the lower priced combination (or lack of) options. If you look at eBay, the vast majority of GT350 being offered are those without the track pack. This tells me these are the cars dealers ordered or where offered by Ford vs those that customers ordered. Ford has stated that the reason for the option package change was do to the low take rate on the non-track pack option (and I suspect it's also due to non-track pack equipped cars going into limp mode after a handful of laps). But, maybe the low take rate is due to the ADMs....

My SGT, an early build, sat at the dealership so long that not only was I able to take advantage of a rebate but the dealer had to replace the battery when I pick it up.

I never understood the option packages on the 2015/2016 GT350, they made no sense, now they will for 2017. You are correct most of the ones I have seen are NOT track pack, once the 2017's start rolling these dealers are going to wish they sold sooner.

The SGT also had Zero advertising, most dealers didn't even know what it was.

Actually Ford has already stated pricing on the '17 will be same as a '16 with like options.

Which means increase. Not in the pricing itself but, the fact that you are getting more will increase the price. If you configure comparable cars, they will remain the same. But the options list is not as big

When I purchased a Shelby gt500kr it was sitting in the dealer showroom for a long time. Sticker was $87,000 if I remember correctly. Dealers were getting admin up to $125,000. He was holding out for better offers than he was getting I landed it for $60,000. Should have never sold it! and I had Shelby sign the airbag. Sent a camera with the airbag cover!

I find it very entertaining to see what Chevy offers then wait for Ford to counter. I remember 2007 when the GT 500 would sit for a whole year with ADM's and the Shelby GT was Z plan. Just wait awhile and those ADM's will be history repeating itself. I'm waiting for a used one so I can really test drive one. They do look good sitting on the lots.

Edited by mach 1 1970

• 1 month later...

Keeps building, this was 2 months ago and nearly ALL of them are still for sale, and it is Spring. Now I show 33 (36 including the R model) for sale within 100 miles so inventory has actually gone up the past 2 months. That was a much quicker demand spike then I expected, it wasn't much different then the Boss a few years ago.

Edited by carnut12

Dealer in Carlsbad ca has 15 gt350s with $15k admin and 2 Rs at $135k. In 20 years maybe they will be collector cars?

I don't think 20 years will make a difference, most kids these days can care less about cars. Even the ones that do I do not see driving Muscle Cars, they are in Imports. Not bashing them, just an observation.

Edited by carnut12

When I purchased a Shelby gt500kr it was sitting in the dealer showroom for a long time. Sticker was $87,000 if I remember correctly. Dealers were getting admin up to $125,000. He was holding out for better offers than he was getting I landed it for $60,000. Should have never sold it! and I had Shelby sign the airbag. Sent a camera with the airbag cover!

I hate to say I told you so Scotty, but I did. You should've kept it and drove it!

I don't think 20 years will make a difference, most kids these days can care less about cars. Even the ones that do I do not see driving Muscle Cars, they are in Imports. Not bashing them, just an observation.

I unfortunately have to agree with you about Car culture. YES, some of the millennials and younger are into cars, but not looking at the V8 - Muscle / V10 & V12 exotics that I looked at when i was in high school. most don't care about cars, those that do want something that is inexpensive to operate (good gas mileage), mass produced for ease of service (Honda, Toyota) and possibly environmentally friendly. Those that are into cars, look more towards Japan and possibly Europe, though some are buying EcoBoost Mustangs.

I am in the military, at my last command I had one junior enlisted who didn't get HIS driver's license until 21, then bought a car (a Camry) Another was into cars, but she bought a V6 Camaro, b/c why need the V8, the V6 gets better gas mileage, insurance was not as much.

Ask some young kids who Carroll Shelby is, most will not know. May know what a Rouse mustang is, but unlikely. But they may know Ken Block (b/c of DC Shoes and Monster Energy) But most don't know Motorsports, or only from what they see in the X-Games.

Hey one less GT 350 in the inventory because I bought one. Red / white stripes. @ MSRP. 90 miles away

Still not happy paying sticker but it is what it is.

The 16 Vette I traded I got $8000 + with my GM card $9654 total discount in April. I used the Kelly blue book trade in @ a participating ford dealer. So I paid $ 52350 and got $54777 for my trade. Even though the maket in Atlanta has tanked And no dealer would go over $50000. Not a lot of ford dealers participate in the Atlanta area. But it just so happen the dealer outside Atlanta did and was willing to go MSRP. And no lower I tried. The stars were aligned just perfect. Tax on car was around $ 210.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Another one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252426333792

Edit.

I would go for the black one though

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262485015619

Yep, MSRP is now here. This will put a crimp in the other dealers trying to sell $5-$20k above MSRP. I really like the one the same dealer sold yesterday. Blue/White Track pkage for $58k!