TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 inventory building up......

Yup, but the dealers don't know that and depend on some buyers who do not shop around out of their neighborhoods. For the prices offered, I could send a deposit on the confirmed price, fly to the dealer first class round trip, stay in a luxury hotel until the full payment cleared their bank and ship the car home for less that a third than what the local dealers here want for a base model GT350. Some numb nuts have paid stupid ADM just to get the cars. Now that the 2017 orders are going in and production starting, it is nuts to purchase a 2016 for above MSRP. :cool:

Read the other day on Redit about some idiot bragging that he only paid $15k over for an R. A dealer paid him $12k over sticker for his 2016 with 5k miles that the dealer in turn sold for $73k. This was supposedly a base GT350 which I assume was a tech pack car. He then waited for an R that he could pay $15k over sticker and watch others pay upwards of $40k over. He eventually found his R for $15k over.

I'm dumbfounded by the guy the brags that he only paid $15k over.

The GT350 inventory is slowly coming in in this area, last of the allowances to the dealers, it seems. The three GT350 that sold (2 dealers) went for 15-22K ADM. The only standard, no frills GT350R that came in for 2016 went for MSRP plus a low mileage 08 500KR and '12 Boss LS in trade. Want to see other ridiculous numbers? Look at what the 2016 R models are running on eBay.

Many of you probably seen the ebay auction on this one but one dealer has a 2017 GT350 in the NEW color Lightning Blue, that is a real nice color.

What is with Ford anyways and who chooses the colors they are going to use on the Mustang because its been 8-9 years since they offered some really good colors to choose from. The Challenger has great color options and I am no fan of Purple but the Plum Crazy would look damn good on a GT350

Why can I add photos to my post on some threads and not others?

I have photos of the new colors to share but cannot attach photos. The Red looks amazing, Grabber Blue isn't bad, and the Lighting Blue looks a lot like the original Guardsman Blue.

Edited by EL SHELBY

I am seeing the 2017 GT350 inventory starting to build up. I have been watching the listings on Cars.com for about the last three or four weeks. Anywhere from one to four cars are being added daily to my list of results on Cars.com. There are currently 57 vehicles listed within 500 miles of my location. Last week there were 51 vehicles.

There are still over 140 2016 GT350 vehicles in my search results. That number was 145 about a week ago.

Edited by AlphaBravo

Read the other day on Redit about some idiot bragging that he only paid $15k over for an R. A dealer paid him $12k over sticker for his 2016 with 5k miles that the dealer in turn sold for $73k. This was supposedly a base GT350 which I assume was a tech pack car. He then waited for an R that he could pay $15k over sticker and watch others pay upwards of $40k over. He eventually found his R for $15k over.

I'm dumbfounded by the guy the brags that he only paid $15k over.

Simple rule of thumb: Two fools born a minute..... and one of them has money.

You see the one dealer's ebay auction on their GT350 R where bidding starts at $30k or buy it now at $50k and this is the markup over the MSRP, jackass

I am seeing a lot of used 350's hitting the market. Not people flipping just trading them in.

That's not good. Speculation.... purchased, beat on it, found that it wasn't all that, and then got rid of it. OR, couldn't make the payments after paying ADM!

Not enough low-end street torque for them like you said I guess. Track car not the best for the street. Bring back the Cobra or GT500.

If that is the only reason, a set of 4.10s/4.30s will solve that problem. Sure it will lower top speed but who tops out any car?

The used ones I've seen are still right at or over original MSRP.

I think a lot of people bought the car with out a test drive. They picked up their car but didn't want to beat on her. Once the break end period was reached the low end torque issue raised its ugly head. If you bought one for MSRP it was easy to get that back on a trade. So you drove it basically @ no cost. This happens when cars are in high demand. I'm starting to see the 16's sitting on lots now and the used ones are growing. The cooling situation hasn't helped either. Why buy a 16 base/ tech car when the 17 has the coolers and with more options.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I think a lot of people bought the car with out a test drive. They picked up their car but didn't want to beat on her. Once the break end period was reached the low end torque issue raised its ugly head. If you bought one for MSRP it was easy to get that back on a trade. So you drove it basically @ no cost. This happens when cars are in high demand. I'm starting to see the 16's sitting on lots now and the used ones are growing. The cooling situation hasn't helped either. Why buy a 16 base/ tech car when the 17 has the coolers and with more options.

Was the cooling issue for track racing only or spirited driving also?

Was the cooling issue for track racing only or spirited driving also?

From what I read it would go into limp mode @ tracking events. There is a fine line between tracking and spirited driving however. Ford performance is supposed to be working on a fix. I never had a limp mode problem with spirited driving. I did notice a slight loss of power after heavy driving in 95 degree weather. But again no limp mode.

Alot of people bought the tech pack cars not realizing you could not track them. Most dealers ordered tech cars only. Ford realized that the public was caught off guard. So all 17 350's now have the trans and diff coolers in the base model. There is no more track pack car.

I sold my tech pack car because of low torque below 4000 rpm mainly ( seat of the pants feel ) it kind of feels like the turbo lag in older Porsches. But the limp mode thing didn't help.

Up date .....8/28

I'm back in a 13 boss again and love it on the street. Heck you can get a tune and set your red line @ over 8000 like the race models. It's just a fun car all around. Still have the 2015 Z51 as the DD.

Edited by mach 1 1970

From what I read it would go into limp mode @ tracking events. There is a fine line between tracking and spirited driving however. Ford performance is supposed to be working on a fix. I never had a limp mode problem with spirited driving. I did notice a slight loss of power after heavy driving in 95 degree weather. But again no limp mode.

Alot of people bought the tech pack cars not realizing you could not track them. Most dealers ordered tech cars only. Ford realized that the public was caught off guard. So all 17 350's now have the trans and diff coolers in the base model. There is no more track pack car.

I sold my tech pack car because of low torque below 4000 rpm mainly ( seat of the pants feel ) it kind of feels like the turbo lag in older Porsches. But the limp mode thing didn't help.

Hey Mach 1,

If it's not too much trouble have you been to Italy? If so, any pics you can share? Italy is on my bucket list and I would love to hear from someone that has been there and not trying to sell me a package. I tried to send a pm but the site would not let me.

Thanks
Charles

Yes we visited Itlay back in 2012. Flew into Rome and drove to the Amalfi coast. We went in sept when the local people were back to work and not so crowded. I can't seem to post pictures on this sight. My wife has a ton of pictures I can email you some. I will say the Amalfi Coast is just so beautiful and the food is to die for. Pm me your email.

Italy should be on everyone's list as a must do. Can't wait to go back. Grand kids are keeping us home for now.

Edited by mach 1 1970