TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 inventory building up......

You want to hear a good one. There is a dealer just 5 miles from me. He said they had a black 350 for MSRP new. So I go visit the dealer. They have three ....two @ $10 over and this black one. I asked why it had 5500 miles on her and still listed as new. Get this the dealer sold it and they had trouble with the check the buyer wrote. He drove the car for 5500 miles before they wanted it back. WTF was this dealer doing while the so called owner was having FUN. So I asked you still want MSRP for the car ? I'm sure the guy beat the crap out of this car. Looking @ the sticker the dealer paid over MSRP to get this car from another dealer. Talk about a poor way to run a dealership.

That's great news, steep discounts can't be far behind with so many hundreds of them sitting on the lots.

You would think so but I tried the whole Atlanta market over 15 dealers not one would sell @ MSRP. $5k was the best I could find. It's like they are all in bed with each other. I kind of feel sorry for the sales people because their hands are tied by the owners . But then again I'm sure the get a good chunk of change on these deals.

Edited by mach 1 1970

You want to hear a good one. There is a dealer just 5 miles from me. He said they had a black 350 for MSRP new. So I go visit the dealer. They have three ....two @ $10 over and this black one. I asked why it had 5500 miles on her and still listed as new. Get this the dealer sold it and they had trouble with the check the buyer wrote. He drove the car for 5500 miles before they wanted it back. WTF was this dealer doing while the so called owner was having FUN. So I asked you still want MSRP for the car ? I'm sure the guy beat the crap out of this car. Looking @ the sticker the dealer paid over MSRP to get this car from another dealer. Talk about a poor way to run a dealership.

Might want to check youtube for vids of that car doing burnouts and lap times :)

Yeah I did check the rear wheel wells to see if there was any rubber pieces up there. Yes there was and it really sticks to the felt or whatever they use. Funny as hell. I bet one of the duke boys had a great time in good old north Ga.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Yeah I did check the rear wheel wells to see if there was any rubber pieces up there. Yes there was and it really sticks to the felt or whatever they use. Funny as hell. I bet one of the duke boys had a great time in good old north Ga.

It would've taken me almost 2 years to put 5500 miles on it. I would not give them 1 cent over $53K and that's being generous.

The car did have a low vin # like in the 1000 range so there is no telling how long the thing was lose in the hills of north Ga. I wouldn't even make an offer. I did ask if they would put an extended warranty on it.....Nope they said in a firm voice.

The damn dealer is 5 miles from me and haven't bought a Shelby product from them ever.

I'm sure they are getting the reputation of a good time dealer on the bathroom walls. I bet if I go in there in 3 months all three cars will be sitting there with miles on them. But still listed as new. The duke boys know a good thing when they see it.

Edited by mach 1 1970

The car did have a low vin # like in the 1000 range so there is no telling how long the thing was lose in the hills of north Ga. I wouldn't even make an offer. I did ask if they would put an extended warranty on it. Nope

The damn dealer is 5 miles from me and haven't bought a Shelby product from them ever.

So, they are concerned about the long term "health" of the car also.

I SAW MY FIRST 16 GT350R AT A LOCAL DEALER AND MY GOD, 65K MARK UP ON A $66,970.00 CAR! AND THEY HAD 2 OF THEM! THATS ALMOST BUYING 2 GT350R'S AT MSRP. I LOVE FORDS, BUT THAT IS JUST OUTRAGEOUS!

It would've taken me almost 2 years to put 5500 miles on it. I would not give them 1 cent over $53K and that's being generous.

How much you want to bet that the engine oil was never changed during those 5500 miles.

Got news for the dealer who let the guy out the door on a bad check; that is a used car.

I'm sure he reported the car 'sold' in the Ford sales system which starts the warranty and allocates the dealer another GT350 .

If he is representing it as new he is breaking the law.

It's being sold as new. ........the dealer ...Test Drive Motors. ...bought this car from another dealer so allocation would not factor in would it ? ...........Getting back to the oil change. I've been told by ford that it's vital to change the oil before 500 miles . The only issue they have had is a contamination in the oil. So 5500 miles could be a disaster in the making if no oil change.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Correct; if it was a dealer trade it would not affect allocation. The window sticker will identify the ordering dealer.

Guess the dealer can call it whatever they want but it is not a new car.

With 5,500 miles on it good luck on convincing Ford Motor Credit or the DMV it is a new car if a sales card has been punched.

If the owners manual says to change the oil at 500 miles than I would.

Otherwise, IMO it is wasted money.

Correct; if it was a dealer trade it would not affect allocation. The window sticker will identify the ordering dealer.

With 5,500 miles on it good luck on convincing Ford Motor Credit or the DMV it is a new car if a sales card has been punched.

I'm not blowing smoke but a ford engineer who knows about this engine Said change it before 500 miles. Take it or leave it I'm just the messenger and I'm changing mine.

If they still have the MSO (unregistered) it is technically a new car. Dealer demos rack up the miles, but run with a dealer plate and the first owner registers (and relinquishes the MSO) and that starts the warranty. If they claim that the car is new ask to see the MSO. If not, it's used and this is just a secret way of getting an ADM on a used car. That's the technicality. In reality even if it is still on MSO it's "used" in that it has miles, and even dealer demos are discounted when sold. [i bought dealer service manager Mercedes for years this way. Good way to get a properly broken in vehicle for a really good discount with a full factory warranty.]

I'm not blowing smoke but a ford engineer who knows about this engine Said change it before 500 miles. Take it or leave it I'm just the messenger and I'm changing mine.

That's not unusual for a performance engine. When I built my LS9 engine for my ZR1, I talked at length with the engineers and builders who said the same things about it. 500 miles, change it (dry sump system), and then treat it according to the break-in instructions in the manual.

This is the info I got on break In

If you read the break in procedure listed in the manual, really the only thing listed is to avoid extended WOT at first and don't track it in the first ~1000 miles. I will be warming my car up through driving, not idling, then going up to 5000 RPM and engine breaking down, 6000, then 7000. I'll be doing that at least a few times per week, and trying to at least get it above 5000 RPM once warmed up every drive. The torque, and peak pressure in the cylinders, doesn't occur until post 3500 RPM when the Ti-VCT cams kick in. Below 3500 RPM the cylinders aren't seeing TOO much of a load, not enough for proper break in at least.

This is the way I plan to break in the engine

Did this guy drive 5,500 miles on temporary plates until the car was repossessed? Most likely it wasn't insured either so the dealer got very lucky.

Although the car was most likely never titled in his name, this still will not cancel the car reported as sold in the Ford system and all the associated paperwork.

It is a used car.

Changing the oil at 500 is fine but if the factory manual doesn't call for it why?

Been away from the Ford Division for awhile but a dealer demo is put in 'demo service' and registered as such with the factory.

Yes, dealer demos retailed within the allotted time/mileage are sold as new cars.

I have had mine 2 mths and have 4000 miles...A trip from Fl to Stone Mountain Ga and Fl to Carlisle PA..and many around town trips

Fun to drive and loving it.

The discounts on corvettes are incredible. Back when the 14 came out GM said they would not produce more then the market could handle. No more letting dealers stock up their lots with corvettes. Well someone didn't read the memo. You can buy a 16 corvette for less then a used 14. But that won't last long the 14 will depreciate even more. 30,000 / year,C7's VS. 4000 350's with maybe 1000 350's being shipped out of the U.S market. For a total of 5000. I don't see discounts in 350's anytime soon.

Edited by mach 1 1970

:hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Just like the Challys.......... They ALL look alike!!!!!!! :club:

Um, no. A GT350 looks nothing like a V6 or GT Mustang because it has its own unique body panels, unlike the Challenger V6 looks just like the rest of them through '08-'16

One for you :club:

And one for Dodge :club:

:hysterical: