TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Ride: 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack

Secondo

Hi my Team Shelby friends, just wanted to post some pics to show you my new ride. It's a Ruby Red 2014 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack. The Track Pack comes with the Boss 302 Helical rear end, 3.73's and aluminum differential cooler cover, Boss radiator and oil cooler, Brembo Brakes with upgraded pads. Not sure what material they are made from but it definitely stops pretty quick. I have 2 sons that will be driving this year and wanted to get a car that I can use as a daily driver if needed and can work with all of our (my wife, sons and I) automotive hobbies like car cruises, shows, drag racing and autocross tracking. Since I sold the GT500 back in November, I had looked at thousands of Mustangs online and a few in person. For some reason, for a while there I really wanted an '03-'04 Terminator Cobra and I had actually "bought" 2 of them, only to have the owners change their minds overnight about selling. I'm glad they did because then I would have missed out on this beauty. The previous owner of this car sold it because he had no room for his other 3 Mustangs and wife's car in the driveway and garage and rarely drove this car since purchasing it new in August of 2014. As you can see by the pics, the car is in perfect condition with only 6700 miles when I bought it a couple weeks ago. Ever since my wife bought her 2011 Mustang GT, I was very impressed with the new Mustangs and 5.0 engine. Quite an improvement over my '05 Mustang GT and '07 GT500 I must say. It might not be as quick as the Shelby but it is more refined, nimble and fun to drive. The previous owner put some very tasteful mods on it (listed in my signature) and the first mod I plan on getting (the motor has not been touched) is a Ford ProCal tune which from what I have read in the 100% positive reviews, wakes up the 5.0 quite a bit under the power curve while maintaining the Ford warranty. What do you think? At first I was a little nervous about the lowering springs and the ride quality, but actually, the ride is quite good. The Roush axle back's sound is always present but amazingly not annoying at all. The car sounds great with them. The stock shifter knob is slippery and "plasticy" and will also be one of the first things to be changed but the shifter itself is fine. It doesn't have the "skip-shift" feature which is a relief. Ford removed that on the '13's. I just finished reading the owner's manual which is a couple hundred pages long, there's much to learn about all the electronics. It has the "Track App" function which I'll be trying out. It can measure 0-60, 60-0, 0-100, 100-0 and 1/4 mile times among other things like cornering G's and stuff like that. Overall, I am very grateful to have this car as it is better than I expected to find out there. Thanks for checking it out!

Mustang%20GT%20Track%20Pack_zpsqodkdyoi.

2014%20Mustang%20GT%20front_zps1ndmgizt.

2014%20Mustang%20GT%20interior_zps1gncjn

2014%20Mustang%20GT%20rear_zpswyjhmbq5.j

2014%20Mustang%20GT%20front%20head%20on_

2014%20Mustang%20GT%20right%20side_zpswn

2014%20Mustang%20GT%20left%20side_zpsrde

2014%20Mustang%20GT%20front%20driver%20s

2014%20Mustang%20hood%20open_zpsp9vlcphd

2014%20Mustang%20GT%20right%20side%201_z

Very nice. I love the Ruby Red/Matte black combo. Probably one of my favorite ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

Simply beautiful. My next musclecar may very well be a mustang gt with an auto........with the planned vmp sc I expect it to be every bit as fast on the street as my 800 hp gt500.

You made a great selection.

A blast from the past! :yahoo:

Thanks KC! Haven't seen you in a while. Can you believe 10 years since we joined this place?

Oh for sure the new 5.0's are fantastic. They're on par with the older 5.4's and with less displacement. If you get the '15's-up, they put the better rods in them to handle 800+ HP. :thumbsup:

A blast from the past! :yahoo:

Thanks KC! Haven't seen you in a while. Can you believe 10 years since we joined this place?

Oh for sure the new 5.0's are fantastic. They're on par with the older 5.4's and with less displacement. If you get the '15's-up, they put the better rods in them to handle 800+ HP. :thumbsup:

My ten year is in 12 days........ :drop:

Hard to imagine. There are so many guys in here that joined when we all did and had 25 or 30 posts and never came back. :shrug:

Thought you said that's the reason you bought it? :(

It is the reason for buying the car, but want some mileage on the car before tracking it.

Also, dont want to be that far from home for my first track experience. Also, would feel better if I had my trailer close for the first couple times on the track.

BB - I'm not saying you have to burn them down like the guys in the video. The point is, getting it rolling and hitting the right pedal to get some wheel spin is not going to hurt your cars. Tires? Sure. But - its all about fun. I bought my 555r's to Not smoke them like these guys. I spin them maybe 20 feet to warm them up. Then I can launch around 3k and just hook. And I don't get loose hitting 2nd gear - a chirp and the front end comes up. Bottom line: if you aren't driving your cars like this - you're missing a lot of smiles! When I grab 2nd gear and it just leaps - it doesn't get much better! :yahoo:

You guys seriously think I never spin the rears?

All I'm saying is over and over again like some guys on here (and I won't name names) they know who they are...are shortening the drive train's life. It's a fact. When I said the cars aren't "made for this" , all I was doing was trying to get a rise outta you, and it worked. :cool:

I sold auto parts for the first 20 yrs of my life, and I know exactly what happens to "abused" motors, trannys and drive lines. I also wrote service and worked on cars (side jobs) for years with my own tools. I have total respect for my hard earned money and what I spend it on. I ain't hate'n Bryan, I'm just being realistic. Believe me when I say, I get PLENTY of smiles when I'm out driving "spirited", and "doing burnouts" is NOT necessary, to raise my BP.

:salute:

You guys seriously think I never spin the rears?

All I'm saying is over and over again like some guys on here (and I won't name names) they know who they are...are shortening the drive train's life. It's a fact. When I said the cars aren't "made for this" , all I was doing was trying to get a rise outta you, and it worked. :cool:

I sold auto parts for the first 20 yrs of my life, and I know exactly what happens to "abused" motors, trannys and drive lines. I also wrote service and worked on cars (side jobs) for years with my own tools. I have total respect for my hard earned money and what I spend it on. I ain't hate'n Bryan, I'm just being realistic. Believe me when I say, I get PLENTY of smiles when I'm out driving "spirited", and "doing burnouts" is NOT necessary, to raise my BP.

:salute:

I've had 7 Mustangs and 40 other cars/trucks. I've never had a failure of a drivetrain piece. Ever. I really don't care how you drive what you own. I was just trying to help you better enjoy what you have.

You sold auto parts when you were 10? Cool!

I'm not done yet! "Abused" parts? Mustangs are performance cars. Their drivetrains are designed for spirited driving. I've never power shifted or braked. I don't hard launch unless I'm engaging a Hellcat. And I've never - ever - had to replace a clutch. I'd say I'm not an abusive driver.

Edited by RUFDRAFT