TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 GT350R for sale

Better get what they can now, the Camaro is a better bang for the buck for those that aren't brand loyal.

This will force Ford to up not just the Base GT, but the GT-350 as well.

I agree. I suspect the 2016 GT350R, in 4-5 years, will be the performance equivalent to the 2007 GT500 when compared to the 2014 GT500. Ford is not going to stand still on performance and handling. I can't believe they aren't going to take the technologies and lessons learned in the R program and not integrate them and more into future mainstream Mustang models. IMHO!

Better get what they can now, the Camaro is a better bang for the buck for those that aren't brand loyal.

I agree but in this case the better car is already announced for less or equal MSRP.

Which Camaro are you referring to?

Which Camaro are you referring to?

ZL1 (Until a Z28 is introduced) in the case of the GT350/GT350-R, but the same could be said for the entire lineup. The New SS just answered the call as well, it is significantly better then the last generation SS and performance wise well ahead of the Mustang GT. And do not confuse the MSRP's, the equipment on the Camaro's far exceed those on the Mustang, stuff like the track package ($2500 on the Mustang GT and $6500 on the GT350) are already standard on the Camaro's. For those that like or need an Automatic (I am not one of them) you get the 8-Speed in the SS and a New 10-Speed in the ZL1 while Ford still has the 6-Speed.

Ford Kicked their Ass with the GT350/GT350R announcement, but it didn't take long for them to answer, and IMO they answered loudly.

Personally I love Mustangs, but I am glad this will push Ford to move on improvements quicker then they probably planned. If not for my preference I would buy a Camaro all day long, that is my point.

I have said it before, it is a GREAT time to be a Muscle Car Fan!!!!!!

ZL1 (Until a Z28 is introduced) in the case of the GT350/GT350-R, but the same could be said for the entire lineup. The New SS just answered the call as well, it is significantly better then the last generation SS and performance wise well ahead of the Mustang GT. And do not confuse the MSRP's, the equipment on the Camaro's far exceed those on the Mustang, stuff like the track package ($2500 on the Mustang GT and $6500 on the GT350) are already standard on the Camaro's. For those that like or need an Automatic (I am not one of them) you get the 8-Speed in the SS and a New 10-Speed in the ZL1 while Ford still has the 6-Speed.

Ford Kicked their Ass with the GT350/GT350R announcement, but it didn't take long for them to answer, and IMO they answered loudly.

Personally I love Mustangs, but I am glad this will push Ford to move on improvements quicker then they probably planned. If not for my preference I would buy a Camaro all day long, that is my point.

I have said it before, it is a GREAT time to be a Muscle Car Fan!!!!!!

+1

:headscratch:

:read: As a matter of historical note, it is ironic that the original ZL1 Camaro was developed in 1969 as a drag racer …packing over 500 horses (427 ci) with some postproduction tuning. :drop: Nonetheless, the ZL1 Camaro versions could only be purchase through the COPA requisition system (as it was the case with the “Yenko Camaro”, which featured an L72 engine instead). The ZL1 engine cost alone was approx. $4,000 (‘69 dollars). That year, “69” ZL1 units were installed in Camaros (not sure if it was done intentionally to coincide with the year or just the actual number of orders submitted), and a larger number of ZL1s made their way into Corvettes. :whistling::stirpot:

:hide:

:speedie:

Just noticed a 2016 GT350R for sale on Ebay.......start bid $115,000.......car located in Ontario, Canada........knew some of you were seriously looking for one of these hard to find cars.......Ebay # 322048408549..........just a heads up.

I'm watching it just to see if it sells.

I don't believe there are any legit Canadian GT350Rs (ie, with metric gauges/odometer, Canadian safety, etc), so that means the buyer bought the car in the US, most likely paid over MSRP, then brought it into Canada, paid their import and other taxes, and is trying to flip it back to the US? That's some business plan. NOT.

I don't believe there are any legit Canadian GT350Rs (ie, with metric gauges/odometer, Canadian safety, etc), so that means the buyer bought the car in the US, most likely paid over MSRP, then brought it into Canada, paid their import and other taxes, and is trying to flip it back to the US? That's some business plan. NOT.

If you look at the photos you can see the Kilometres on the speedometer with the mph in smaller letters on the inside, so I would say it just might have been ordered from a Canadian dealer.

I agree but in this case the better car is already announced for less or equal MSRP.

If you're referencing the upcoming ZL1, it's certainly a more powerful car, but what makes it a better car? Even if it does out-perform the GT350R in every category, I doubt it's the MSRP is less than or equal to the GT350R.

:headscratch:

Where can I find a reference for the 2017 Camaro pricing scheme? ...especifically the ZL1. :shift:

Thanks!

Its all a mute point. None of the nay sayers are going to sell their Shelby American GT350 or Shelby GT to buy the Camaro. If they do, good for them. Then they can haunt thier forums instead of ours.

I will say this, I am a Ford guy.... and a Shelby guy period. Other extole thier non brand brand specific taste as a virtue and cast those of us who are loyal to one brand as less than intelligent. They say we are missing out. I have riddin in a lot of Brand X cars and yes, they are nice. They are just not my thing. And no, Im not cheating myself because Im happy with my choices. Loyalty used to be the virtue. Like everything else in society, things have been turned upside down. So if the precious ZL1 is in fact faster, I dont care, let the modding begin

If you're referencing the upcoming ZL1, it's certainly a more powerful car, but what makes it a better car? Even if it does out-perform the GT350R in every category, I doubt it's the MSRP is less than or equal to the GT350R.

Better performing car is what I meant, better depends on each individuals preference.

That said I stand corrected, the 2 websites I looked at showed a price, but after going back to them it was clear they were giving the price of the 2015 ZL1.

I still stand by the fact ADM's will go away quicker and the one above is beyond ridiculous.

Its all a moot point. None of the nay sayers are going to sell their Shelby American GT350 or Shelby GT to buy the Camaro. If they do, good for them. Then they can haunt thier forums instead of ours.

I will say this, I am a Ford guy.... and a Shelby guy period. Other extole thier non brand brand specific taste as a virtue and cast those of us who are loyal to one brand as less than intelligent. They say we are missing out. I have riddin in a lot of Brand X cars and yes, they are nice. They are just not my thing. And no, Im not cheating myself because Im happy with my choices. Loyalty used to be the virtue. Like everything else in society, things have been turned upside down. So if the precious ZL1 is in fact faster, I dont care, let the modding begin

Fixed it for 'ya. I agree that the Camaro is butt ugly and I don't care how fast it is (though it will be faster than the GT350 and R in a straight line), I would not own it, but variety is the spice of my life and I reserve the right to own what turns me on, sorry!

PS, if my Raptor is brain dead, I reserve the right to replace it something other than a Ford that is more reliable.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Fixed it for 'ya. I agree that the Camaro is butt ugly and I don't care how fast it is (though it will be faster than the GT350 and R in a straight line), I would not own it, but variety is the spice of my life and I reserve the right to own what turns me on, sorry!

PS, if my Raptor is brain dead, I reserve the right to replace it something other than a Ford that is more reliable.

Thanks professor, Wait, thats Ruffdraft. Anyway, good luck finding something more reliable. Every brand has a vehicle that has issues. Although, I understand your feeling

And off course you have a right to own what you want. I didnt say I would never own another brand. But It would be a Bimmer, Jag, Audi Porshe........... All of which have less straight line speed then the ZL1.

Edited by svttim

:headscratch: I am puzzle ...there seems to be a notion among some members, that the 2017 Camaro ZL1 will be a better car/deal for the money; not to mention, that it will become the master of the drag strip. :shift: IMO, Chevrolet will capitalize on the apparent success that Ford is currently having w the GT350/R models. Moreover, I have no doubt that Chevrolet will duplicate …if not improve on dealer margins through relatively higher ADM premiums… :drop: perhaps, much larger than those which Shelby dealers are still getting. Will it be proper to recognize and agree that …the Supercharger is the only significant component that generates a difference in the HP/TQ performance numbers? …so, even if Chevrolet sacrifices the initial ZL1 and assigns an introductory MSRP at or below the 2017 Shelby (possibly eating the cost of a supercharger), the dealerships will still exploit the market! IMO. :poke:

Therefore, I am standing-by my Voodoo Child …track or otherwise, I can assure you that there will be times when we will kick some Fat Cat and or Camaro ZL1 Rump! and do so at a cheapper cost :superhero: ...at the very least, I will enjoy the hell out of driving the car while trying. :happy feet: Side note: I remember reading about the days towards the end of WWII, when P-51s score several kills against an all-powerful and fast German jet fighter, which on paper ...was superior in all the performance numbers. Just ask Chuck how he did it! :salute:

Edited by Voodoo Child

Thanks professor, Wait, thats Ruffdraft. Anyway, good luck finding something more reliable. Every brand has a vehicle that has issues. Although, I understand your feeling

And off course you have a right to own what you want. I didnt say I would never own another brand. But It would be a Bimmer, Jag, Audi Porshe........... All of which have less straight line speed then the ZL1.

Au contraire Señor, my '15 Porsche 911 Turbo S will blow most any cars' doors off, 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, 1/4 in 10.9 and an easy 200+mph top speed right off the showroom floor, makes that fat Cammy look like a toad. I would suspect an M3 or M5 Bimmer could also dust it easy. I suspect you were talking Caymans, Boxters, or base Bimmer 4 door sedans.

BTW, the Porsche acceleration reminds me of those thrilling days in Viet Nam blasting off the Big E in my F-14 Tomcat.

​And I will look at the F-250, but the Ford dealer would have to make me a smokin' deal to risk a Ford truck again.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

I doubt the Camaro would beat the GT350-R on the track and i guarantee the GT350 is far better to drive!

All these bringing up the Camaro numbers are forgetting the most important thing, its beyond Fugly! The Mustang looks great, the Challenger has a real good muscle car look, but the Camaro is just ugly whatever way you look at it and by the way, putting a Corvette chassis and engine under every GM product does not make it a 'Camaro'. Its a Corvette in a Camaro body

Better performing car is what I meant...

The performance stats haven't been released yet on the ZL1 so why claim it is a "better performing" car? Maybe in a straight line but the GT350 is purpose-built for the track and we will have to wait and see how they compare.

Au contraire Señor, my '15 Porsche 911 Turbo S will blow most any cars' doors off, 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, 1/4 in 10.9 and an easy 200+mph top speed right off the showroom floor, makes that fat Cammy look like a toad. I would suspect an M3 or M5 Bimmer could also dust it easy. I suspect you were talking Caymans, Boxters, or base Bimmer 4 door sedans.

:boring:

You mean the car that costs over $120K+ and the $20K Ford Fiesta ST was rated more fun to drive? :hysterical2:

Make sure you customize your new vehicle with a supercharger like you did to the Raptor (if one is even available for the model you choose). And who buys a Raptor to tow with anyways? It's a 4x4 race truck not a Super Duty work truck.