TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz locations offering the 2016 Shelby GT-H

Not on the original location list, but GT-H going to Germany too:

https://www.hertz.ch/rentacar/angebote/Die-Strasse-wartet-der-Ford-Mustang-GT-H-exklusiv-bei-Hertz

Interesting. :cool:

Doesn't seem to be a SAI built car. That said, interesting.

Edited by H0050

In the old program , at least at the start, you were "supposed" to be a verified traveler, had to give flight number etc., and not just someone living down the road to rent one. I can't find any such requirement listed here but this was required when I rented in Boston, Dallas, and Vegas back in the GT-H Coupe days.

When I inquired about renting in Dallas, Hertz asked for a fight number but didn't make it sound like it was required. I simply explained that that I had not yet booked the flight. I don't know why Hertz would not want to rent to locals. Besides, looking up and providing a flight number would be easy enough to do if it was. Hertz does not have access to passanger list to varify if the individual renting was actually on the flight.

Hertz hasn't crossed all the T's or dotted all the I's in their renting protocols for the 2016 GT-Hs. That accounts for the current lack of specifics on their web sites. I would expect similar rental requirements as were in place back in '06, at least at the onset. One of those requirements for renting the '06 GT-H was you had to provide proof you were a traveler (ex., boarding pass, ect). Otherwise, every "Hot-rodder" within 100 miles would be standing in line at the Hertz counters. You need to go no further than Youtube (and search 2006 GT-H) to see what Hertz was trying to avoid.

I don't know why Hertz would assume someone with a boarding pass is anymore responsible then someone without.

Didn't mean to imply that was the Hertz reasoning......but simply that the need to show proof of being an "out of towner", was part of their rental requirements. This stipulation, as well as the thorough departure and return inspections, were somewhat relaxed at many locations as time went on.

It will be very interesting to see how much these go for afterwards. Excuse my ignorance, but when the Rental time period is over do the individual Hertz locations sell them?

Personally I can not stand Hertz, they have to be one of the worst big rental car agencies in business, but due to history I understand why Ford sticks with them.

GT-Budget just doesn't sound right.

Didn't mean to imply that was the Hertz reasoning......but simply that the need to show proof of being an "out of towner", was part of their rental requirements. This stipulation, as well as the thorough departure and return inspections, were somewhat relaxed at many locations as time went on.

And I'm not doudting you. It just sounds illogical to me for Hertz to have the requirement. No doudt there are renters who will abuse the car. I've seen rented V6 Mustangs abused on the track and the Bash. Rentals are nearly always abused at some point in their life in the feet. While a Shelby in the fleet will be a special car, it really doesn't cost Hertz anymore then some of the high end luxo rentals they offer and I would be surprised if they put any more effort into those vehicals.

Edited by EL SHELBY

And I'm not doudting you. It just sounds illogical to me for Hertz to have the requirement. No doudt there are renters who will abuse the car. I've seen rented V6 Mustangs abused on the track and the Bash. Rentals are nearly always abused at some point in their life in the feet. While a Shelby in the fleet will be a special car, it really doesn't cost Hertz anymore then some of the high end luxo rentals they offer and I would be surprised if they put any more effort into those vehicals.

You may be right ! But illogical or not....whether we agree or not...it comes down to one simple point. It's Hertz's game..they make the rules.

Trying to use a bogus flight number will not work when you have to show your drivers license at the rental counter. If you are a Gold Member, they already have your ID and address on file. I have rented locally, but, as mentioned, the Adrenalin category was not "available" at my home locations.

Trying to use a bogus flight number will not work when you have to show your drivers license at the rental counter. If you are a Gold Member, they already have your ID and address on file. I have rented locally, but, as mentioned, the Adrenalin category was not "available" at my home locations.

Then couldn't you use a real flight number ? Unless they ask to see the actual ticket, I don't know how they couldn't prove you were not on that flight.

It would only make sense as a 50th anniv. to be a Hertz, since that is what was out there in '66. That said, I do have an issue with it being little more than a regular Mustang GT with some add ons, where the orginal was a GT-350. No automatic? Boo-hoo. At least make a few actual GT350s, like the original was. There seems to be very little sense of pride or history, only marketing here.

Edited by falcongtho3

• 1 month later...

It would only make sense as a 50th anniv. to be a Hertz, since that is what was out there in '66. That said, I do have an issue with it being little more than a regular Mustang GT with some add ons, where the orginal was a GT-350. No automatic? Boo-hoo. At least make a few actual GT350s, like the original was. There seems to be very little sense of pride or history, only marketing here.

The 2006 and 2007 Models, were not GT-350s either. They were Mustang Gts made into the GT-H. Which is where I believe this incarnation of the car is derived from. It pays homage to the 50th Anniversary of the initial Hertz program as well as the 10th Anniversary of the Hertz Shelby partnership from the modern day.

If they are only at those locations there should be at least 7 or 8 at each location. I have been looking a couple of times a day to rent one for a few trips that I have planned but they are not available at that time (but they are before and after). I wonder if they are all hitting at once or rolling in a little at a time.

Also, I have yet to see any indication that Indianapolis is getting one. They were listed at one time; just not available. But now they are not even listed whereas most other locations at least have them listed.

PLEASE - when you start spotting these kindly take a moment to take photos like above but include the CSM number. Future owners will appreciate these original photos and we need to keep track of which car is which (:

I will try to get a photo of CSM number if it is there when I return my car on Friday

The GTH cars should now be available at all the planned rental locations. Some locations have had the cars available for over a week now.

If you are planning on renting a GTH you may want to phone ahead and ask what identification you need at the rental counter. I heard that at one location they wanted two photo id's which some renters may not have on them.

Steve

The GTH cars should now be available at all the planned rental locations.

Although there may be some in Indianapolis; they are virtually not for rent. They are not on the website. I spent a lot of time on the phone with them and they have one as a display and one as a media car. If you just happen to be there and it's available, you might be able to rent it. That's what I was told. I have 3 reservations for DFW booked.