• Orlando, FL

• Phoenix, AZ

• San Francisco, CA

• San Diego, CA

• San Jose, CA

• Seattle, WA

More info available on the Hertz website:

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=ShelbyGTH.jsp

It will be very interesting to see how much these go for afterwards. Excuse my ignorance, but when the Rental time period is over do the individual Hertz locations sell them?

Personally I can not stand Hertz, they have to be one of the worst big rental car agencies in business, but due to history I understand why Ford sticks with them.

Dang it! I was going to see if I could rent one and take it to the 4th annual Shelby tribute show in Gardena, but the show happens a week before they are available from Herts! Well CRAP!

It will be very interesting to see how much these go for afterwards. Excuse my ignorance, but when the Rental time period is over do the individual Hertz locations sell them?

Personally I can not stand Hertz, they have to be one of the worst big rental car agencies in business, but due to history I understand why Ford sticks with them.

In the previous program in 2006, they were sold through normal Hertz Auction, but you had to be a Ford Dealer to buy them. Then they were sold through Ford. For the 2007 verts, they were sold through Hertz Auctions and other auction houses but anybody was able to bid. The 150 Penske Hertz cars sold through their normal auctions. So unsure how these will go out. Right now with only 140 of them, I would guess that these will sell very well, but are going to be over cost to build by quite a bit. At least the first ones will go for $60K ish based on people that will be willing to pay it. I know, crazy, but that is what happened back when. The verts sold for much less in the $20's-30's for most of them. My GUESS is that the first one's will sell in the $60's and then only drop into the upper $40's. Only my guess, but we'll see.

Edited by JeffJ

In Hawaii (which will not get the GT-H this time), the cars rented at the Honolulu and Maui locations were sold out of the Honolulu Hertz Car Sales location near the Honolulu Airport. I evaluated a few of them for some interested mainland buyers. Because of extreme pricing a couple were on the Hertz lot for over a year. Eventually, they were transferred to a local Ford dealer for sale and the dealer finally sold them. No Hawaii cars were ever put through an auction by Hertz.

I want one automatic or manual.

They only come as automatic, Hertz does not rent manual for any type of car.

On further inspection of the GT-H in the German Hertz rental ad, it is not a Shelby GT-H and has no grill badge. Other than the black and gold paint scheme and GT-H side stripes, what is the difference from the Mustang GT rental and the Ford Mustang GT-H rental in Europe?

Hertz locations offering the 2016 Shelby GT-H

• Charlotte, NC

• Chicago, IL

• Atlanta, GA

• Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas

• Detroit, MI

• Fort Lauderdale, FL

• Fort Myers, FL

• Indianapolis, IN

• Las Vegas, NV

• Los Angeles, CA

• Miami, FL

• Orlando, FL

• Phoenix, AZ

• San Francisco, CA

• San Diego, CA

• San Jose, CA

• Seattle, WA

More info available on the Hertz website:

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=ShelbyGTH.jsp

I have a few cities targeted.

On further inspection of the GT-H in the German Hertz rental ad, it is not a Shelby GT-H and has no grill badge. Other than the black and gold paint scheme and GT-H side stripes, what is the difference from the Mustang GT rental and the Ford Mustang GT-H rental in Europe?

Difficult to see with such a small photo, but the European version..

-has chromed wheels instead of black

-has the wrong side stripe

-missing the Hertz fender badge

-has the wrong upper grill and missing the grill GT-H badge

-is missing the lower grill

-looks to be the wrong hood

Edited by HERTZ II