TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Because "racecar"

jsimmons

Neat swap... funny because i'd love to put a coyote in my '68.... i just don't want to lose the shock tower rigidity and really like how that car handles so don't want to change the front suspension at all...

I call it a "retro mod". :)

Pretty cool! What's the story? How did the swap come about? How difficult was it to manage with the PCM and emissions? Is it EFI or carbureted? I'm assuming the latter.

There's a build thread in this forum ("I'm crazy (my mother had me tested)"), but the car started out as a base 2012 V6/automatic.

The only thing the computer does is drive the tach. No problem with emissions (they don't check where I live). Yes, it's carbureted. Had to replace the OEM fuel pump after it died due to the strain of pumping at 100% all the time. The car weighs about 3660 - just 50 pounds more than a loaded GT of the same vintage. If it wasn't for the fiberglass hood and roll cage, the car would probably weigh abut 100 pounds LESS than a GT.

It makes 450 RWHP, and does 13.2 @ 118mph in the quarter the way you see it in the picture. With some weight balancing, suspension changes, the right wheels/tires, and a bunch of practice, it's an 11-second car. With a 250 shot of juice, we're thinking mid 10's. But it's not a drag racer, so we'll probably never know for sure.