TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carlisle Ford Nationals 2016

Eric Etkin

Just one question. Will this all happen again next year?

ilmor -

Since all the folks who worked to put this event together 'survived' (some better than others....I'm still sleep deprived) , I'd say "Yes".

The dates for next years Ford Carlisle weekend are June 2nd to June 4th. Mark it on your calendar NOW, and plan on attending.

Z-man

ilmor -

Since all the folks who worked to put this event together 'survived' (some better than others....I'm still sleep deprived) , I'd say "Yes".

The dates for next years Ford Carlisle weekend are June 2nd to June 4th. Mark it on your calendar NOW, and plan on attending.

Z-man

Consider it done!

Z-man, love your action and track shots. When I see really great photos I always have to ask what kind of equipment was used. I went down the Nikon path many years ago and have stayed with them due to being able to move up and still use my lenses. What were you shooting with at the track?

Thanks, again super shots.

Bill -

Glad you liked the shots. I'll post some more this weekend, when have a little more time.

I'm a Nikon Guy, but if you are a photographer as well, you know that good equipment is only part of the equation. I shoot a D7000 body with a vertical grip/battery pack attached. I'll probably pick up a D7100 by the end of the year, since new bodies have already been released and the older ones are dropping in price.

The lens I used for most of the photos that I posted was a Tamron f5.6 / 600mm zoom. It is detailed in the link below...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83094-photography-question-what-zoom-lens-should-i-buy/

Z-man

Edited by Z-man

Bill -

Glad you liked the shots. I'll post some more this weekend, when have a little more time.

I'm a Nikon Guy, but if you are a photographer as well, you know that good equipment is only part of the equation. I shoot a D7000 body with a vertical grip/battery pack attached. I'll probably pick up a D7100 by the end of the year, since new bodies have already been released and the older ones are dropping in price.

The lens I used for most of the photos that I posted was a Tamron f5.6 / 600mm zoom. It is detailed in the link below...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83094-photography-question-what-zoom-lens-should-i-buy/

Z-man

I recently upgraded to a D7200 from a D7000. I didn't see much value in going with the D7100 from D7000 as the differences were not that great. The jump to the D7200 brings more to the game and of course I still use all my same lens. I found a deal on a body only about 4 months ago on my D7200 and got one.

Guys,

The Fall Festival for Carlisle is in Lakeland Fl Nov 10-13.

South Atlantic is looking at doing something similiar to what Northeast did this past weekend. Please check South Atlantic section for details.

Hope some of the Northeast can come down and visit.

Guys,

The Fall Festival for Carlisle is in Lakeland Fl Nov 10-13.

South Atlantic is looking at doing something similiar to what Northeast did this past weekend. Please check South Atlantic section for details.

Hope some of the Northeast can come down and visit.

Hey Jim, how was the auto train ride home? Worth it or not?