TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carlisle Ford Nationals 2016

Eric Etkin

We expect to move forward with our plans. Should be an announcement by next Monday at the latest.

Have a wedding to go to in Kansas City Missouri in April so depends on funds.. :camera: :happy feet:

I would like to attend this event. Thanks for all the work on this to all involved.

Zman, maybe we can talk photography as well as cars. :) .

Edited by kstrong

Zman, maybe we can talk photography as well as cars. :) .

Ken -

That is a definite whenever we get together. I'll bring my new 600mm lens and you can give it a 'test drive' if you like.

I've been talking with Sean (SMC Events) and there is something in the works that will be a great opening event for the Carlisle weekend.

Stay tuned, as the official announcement is forthcoming.

Z-man

Too bad I can't do this; I'll be away doing car stuff the two prior weekends and I can't get away with being gone 3 in a row :))))

^ sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

(Don't tell Mrs. Z that I said that)

LOL I hear ya, but I don't think Mrs. "I" would mind, its just that I'll get too far behind on stuff around the house!

Thought I read through this and other posts about this event, but I didn't see that registration for the event is closed...though the SMC website says that it is. Is it reopening after an "official" announcement? I haven't been to Summit Point since the 50th anniversary and would like to do it again if it works out...I agree that's a great way to start Carlisle Ford Nationals!

Mustangcollector -

Registration is not closed, but it was delayed from when it was originally planned because we are making the event bigger and better.

There is still space for you, and anyone else who wants to join us....and I hope many folks do join us. It is shaping up to be a very nice event, and the track portion is just part of what we have in store.

Registration should open shortly....keep watching.

Z-man

• 4 weeks later...

Not quite ready to "spill the beans" on all the details, but "Yes", we are still working on something. If you would like, pencil in events starting early on Thursday, June 2nd, and running through the entire Carlisle Ford Nationals weekend.

Z man,

There are a few of us coming up from Florida for the Carlisle event.

I am really looking forward to seeing what NE is going to do....

Also looking forward to meeting you and others of the NE Region.

Good to hear you're going to Carlisle, Jim. It's a blast. This will be my 17th year in a row for the All-Ford Nationals at Carlisle. I haven't missed one since the last century. (LOL)

You bringing any of the Florida Gang with you? Looking forward to seeing you at Carlisle.

Good to hear you're going to Carlisle, Jim. It's a blast. This will be my 17th year in a row for the All-Ford Nationals at Carlisle. I haven't missed one since the last century. (LOL)

You bringing any of the Florida Gang with you? Looking forward to seeing you at Carlisle.

Bill,

There is a few coming up. Not sure how many yet. I had heard we have 4-5 cars coming up but who knows until the day to leave what happens.

My hotel is booked and road trip planned for trip up.

Train ticket purchased for taking Autotrain home.

Gina and I are planning on making our first ever trip to Carlisle, this year.

Not sure about staying over? I have no ideer how these sorta get togethers work. Hadn't really planned on staying multi days.....do we need to?

:headscratch:

Bikeboy -

How far of a drive is it for you get to Carlisle? If you are close by, maybe a day trip will work for you as you could always come back for a second day if you felt you missed anything. That said, last year I worn a pedometer, and at the end of Saturday, I had walked just shy of 20 miles......and I didn't see everything!

Z-man

There's about 3,500 cars in the show field and it takes about a day and a half to see it all! There's also a large swap meet too.

Edit: If you're taking your wife, you may want to keep it to one day in case she gets bored of looking at too many cars!

Edited by Secondo

Bikeboy -

How far of a drive is it for you get to Carlisle? If you are close by, maybe a day trip will work for you as you could always come back for a second day if you felt you missed anything. That said, last year I worn a pedometer, and at the end of Saturday, I had walked just shy of 20 miles......and I didn't see everything!

Z-man

Good info Zman! (Mike, right?) Thx... :salute:

There's about 3,500 cars in the show field and it takes about a day and a half to see it all! There's also a large swap meet too.

Edit: If you're taking your wife, you may want to keep it to one day in case she gets bored of looking at too many cars!

Sean, Gina loves cars...that said, she does bore easily. :cool:

Edited by BIKEBOY

Good info Zman! (Mike, right?) Thx... :salute:

Actually, it's Bill, but I'll answer to Mike.

Carlisle is huge! They bill it (mike it?) as the largest all Ford car show in the world. I'd bet at least 80% of the cars are Mustangs. I usually arrive on Friday, and leave Sunday Morning.

If you have any specific questions, just let me know.

Z-man