TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carlisle Ford Nationals 2016

Eric Etkin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I'm from near Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm newer to the Shelby ownership community. We attend Carlisle each year, but first time we will be attending with a Shelby. Would like to stop by your tent and meet you all over the weekend!

Hey everyone. I'm from near Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm newer to the Shelby ownership community. We attend Carlisle each year, but first time we will be attending with a Shelby. Would like to stop by your tent and meet you all over the weekend!

svt3-

Have you signed up for our Team Shelby East Coast Grand National event that is being held in conjunction with the Ford Nationals at Carlisle?

Z-man

svt3-

Have you signed up for our Team Shelby East Coast Grand National event that is being held in conjunction with the Ford Nationals at Carlisle?

Z-man

No, I have not. Not sure where I would sign up for that. I'm running with my local Mustang club out to Carlisle on Friday the 3rd. What does the event cover?

No, I have not. Not sure where I would sign up for that. I'm running with my local Mustang club out to Carlisle on Friday the 3rd. What does the event cover?

What does it cover?????

Let's see....

Road racing

Poker run

Car show

Lunches

Dinners with "celebrity" speakers

Awards

Charity auction

Hospitality tent

T-shirts

Surprises

Friends

And of course.....Shelbys

Look here for more info, and let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/91213-ponies-at-the-point-2016-team-shelby-east-coast-grand-nationals/

Z-man

Edited by Z-man

All Team Shelby members are invited to join in our "Grand Entrance" to Carlisle on Friday afternoon, June 3rd, at 2:00 pm.

At that time the Poker Run group will be concluding their 100+ mile drive from Summit Point, and will entering the Carlisle Fairgrounds through Gate 3. We will drive in and head directly to the Team Shelby Tent, which is in location “SS”, at the end of Rows B720 & B716 in the show field, surrounded by the Shelby car show classes.

Please stage yourself outside Gate, 3 a little before 2:00 pm if you would like to join in the procession.

Z-man

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Z-Man for not being there this year.

It would of been an nice to shoot pics for you guys, appreciate the offer.

Posting a couple from previous years Carlisle

cksphotography%202013.jpg

_KPS6259cropped.jpg

Half a dozen people yelling "Get out of the picture" including Z-Man. :lol:

_KPS6742.jpg

Have a great time.

Edited by kstrong

Kstrong -

It was a nice day at the track in Summit Point today. Sunny until about 3:30, then a light rain...exactly the same as last time Team Shelby visited Summit Point.

Poker Run pulls out at 9:00 am tomorrow morning, to arrive at Carlisle by 2:00 pm.

Found some new places to take photos at the track. The Carrousel has some pretty nice angles. Will post up some pics when I can.

Would have enjoyed shooting with you today.

Z-man

Had a blast at the Ponies at the Point track and banquet. Great meeting everyone. As some of you may have noticed I did not join you Friday morning as planned? Unfortunately/fortunately, I got a call early morning Friday that my daughter was in labor so came home for my first grandchild's birth!

Special thanks to Sean and Z-man for all the work. We'll do it again next year I hope.

Curt

Edited by Ccopeland3

Here's link to my Calisle pictures I took during the three show days: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206589038670906&type=1&l=65d79c77a5

Nice photos Bill. I looked at every one.

I'll post up some of mine soon. Most of them are from the track day at Summit Point, as I was pretty busy by the time we rolled into Carlisle on Saturday.

Z-man

I wanted to thank Team Shelby for the honor of having my 2007 Hertz Convertible in your tent while Gary Patterson told his stories about the GT-H's. I have some pics as well and will post them soon.

I do have a quick story. The 2016 Hertz Shelby that was at Carlisle, was car #40. In 2006, my wife and I rented a 2006 GT-H from John Wayne airport in LA. I was looking at the pics we took and low and behold that car was also #40!!!! What are the chances...

Thanks again,

Ken Compher

07H079

I got a few minutes, so here are a couple photos from the track to 'wet your whistle'.

These are from Thursday at Summit Point Raceway in west Virginia. Sean Cook from SMC Events organized the track day, so that allowed me some time to get behind the camera.

These photos are all 'as shot' and not cropped or edited in any way. If you are interested in any post processing of these photos (or others I may post), please PM me.

These photos are copywrited, however you can download the images PROVIDED you make a donation to the Carroll Shelby Foundation (https://web.archive.org/…/20110908…/http://cscf.org/home.php) on behalf of Team Shelby Northeast. The requested donation is $20 per photo, but whatever your budget allows will be appreciated. As a frame of reference, most track photographers charge $40 for a single 5" x7" print.

If you are interested in seeing the entire photo album from both Summit Point and Carlisle, please message me and I will forward you the link, as soon as I upload all the photos. If you attended the event, and provided an e-mail address when you registered, I will already be sending you the link.

Even if you don't download anything, please consider making a donation to the foundation......"Helping Kids In The Race For Life"

Bill / Z-man

WGC_0518_zps2xhgtg8w.jpg

WGC_0490_zpsr1qjgmao.jpg

WGC_0412_zps0ntgjm7w.jpg

WGC_0369_zpsg8aylisq.jpg

WGC_0354_zpsl2mo2gkt.jpg

WGC_0344_zpsyr1lh8yv.jpg

WGC_0325_zpsujmfokth.jpg

WGC_0295_zpscj8oddjt.jpg

WGC_0281_zpskknmzpoq.jpg

WGC_0211_zpsz41hjj1t.jpg

WGC_0151_zpsz5t4n6pt.jpg

WGC_0006_zpsnl0pyvwy.jpg

WGC_9870_zpssxajhfr7.jpg

WGC_9831_zpsgrgrwke7.jpg

WGC_9677_zpsgpk9z5vg.jpg

WGC_9611_zpswixopszk.jpg

WGC_9607_zpsjmtnsdzd.jpg

WGC_9574_zps3hlq6k6g.jpg

Z-man, love your action and track shots. When I see really great photos I always have to ask what kind of equipment was used. I went down the Nikon path many years ago and have stayed with them due to being able to move up and still use my lenses. What were you shooting with at the track?

Thanks, again super shots.