TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carlisle Ford Nationals 2016

Eric Etkin

There are 3 or 4 of us who were former 03/04 Mach 1 owners and Mach 1 Registry members but now have Shelby GT-500's who will be there. We still hang with the Mach 1 Registry as our friendships go back more than 12 years ago with those guys. We'll be there! :cool:

Shelby GT-500 at Mach 1 registry.jpg

There are 3 or 4 of us who were former 03/04 Mach 1 owners and Mach 1 Registry members but now have Shelby GT-500's who will be there. We still hang with the Mach 1 Registry as our friendships go back more than 12 years ago with those guys. We'll be there! :cool:

Will your group be joining us at Summit Point for the track day, then doing the Poker Run up to Carlisle? It's not a Shelby exclusive event, so maybe even some of the Mach 1 "gang" may want to attend. Feel free to entend my invitation to them. It will be a great time!

Z-man

Will your group be joining us at Summit Point for the track day, then doing the Poker Run up to Carlisle? It's not a Shelby exclusive event, so maybe even some of the Mach 1 "gang" may want to attend. Feel free to entend my invitation to them. It will be a great time!

Z-man

Thanks for the invite, looks like a blast, and we'll see you guys at Carlisle.

Bill Depending on both our schedules. Maybe we can meet up with you on our way up...

Trying to pick which car I want to take up....

Jim, a buddy of mine with a '13 Boss 302 are heading up Wednesday with our wives. A group of us planning on going to the Army War College Museum on Thursday in Carlisle or the Antique Auto museum in Hershey. We usually alternate each year.

I thought you were taking the auto-train?

Jim, a buddy of mine with a '13 Boss 302 are heading up Wednesday with our wives. A group of us planning on going to the Army War College Museum on Thursday in Carlisle or the Antique Auto museum in Hershey. We usually alternate each year.

I thought you were taking the auto-train?

Only on way HOME...Driving up.

Thinking of doing Track day also....still working to see if I can get it in the Budget...

Only on way HOME...Driving up.

Thinking of doing Track day also....still working to see if I can get it in the Budget...

If you are on the fence about tracking your car, you should give it a try. The way the track portion of the event will be run, is there will be four classes based on experience. You won't be out there running with fully track prepped cars and semi-pro divers, unless you want to be and have the skill set that backs up that desire. You can get an instructor for the event (which I highly recommend for your first time), and proceed at your own pace. It's not a race, its a high performance driving event. No one can pass you unless you acknowledge them first, and signal to them it its alright for them to pass you.....especially in the beginner classes.

Give it a try. You might will like it and get hooked.

There are also companies that sell track day insurance, just I case something unfortunate happens.

Now, that all said, I see you have a convertible in your signature picture. It also looks like you have a 'styling bar'. All convertibles must have a roll bar or factory roll over protection, and a 'styling bar' is not acceptable for that purpose. You can still come to the track, attend the classes, watch and learn, and even drive parade laps (if time permits), but will need to either install a roll bar, bring a different car, or convince a really good friend to let you drive his car, if you want to 'track' a car.

Z-man

Edited by Z-man

The 2013 Grand Nationals was my first track event.

I had an instructor for the first day. The second day I was on my own.

The only passing in my class was on the straight away and after both drives acknowledged each other.

No one in my class injured their car.

I have been hooked ever since.

You will also need a helmet. They have some there but I would bring one.

Edited by sheppd01

If you are on the fence about tracking your car, you should give it a try. The way the track portion of the event will be run, is there will be four classes based on experience. You won't be out there running with fully track prepped cars and semi-pro divers, unless you want to be and have the skill set that backs up that desire. You can get an instructor for the event (which I highly recommend for your first time), and proceed at your own pace. It's not a race, its a high performance driving event. No one can pass you unless you acknowledge them first, and signal to them it its alright for them to pass you.....especially in the beginner classes.

Give it a try. You might will like it and get hooked.

There are also companies that sell track day insurance, just I case something unfortunate happens.

Now, that all said, I see you have a convertible in your signature picture. It also looks like you have a 'styling bar'. All convertibles must have a roll bar or factory roll over protection, and a 'styling bar' is not acceptable for that purpose. You can still come to the track, attend the classes, watch and learn, and even drive parade laps (if time permits), but will need to either install a roll bar, bring a different car, or convince a really good friend to let you drive his car, if you want to 'track' a car.

Z-man

Thanks for all the advice guys... Have not changed the sig pic yet

I am on the fence. I purchased the new GT350 and should have around 1500 miles on her by the time I get up there....and then I keep reading about tracking car and it gets hot and into limp mode....

post-35853-0-30079700-1461336314_thumb.jpg

post-35853-0-56459900-1461336497_thumb.jpg

Edited by 07gt500conv

The 2013 Grand Nationals was my first track event.

I had an instructor for the first day. The second day I was on my own.

The only passing in my class was on the straight away and after both drives acknowledged each other.

No one in my class injured their car.

I have been hooked ever since.

You will also need a helmet. They have some there but I would bring one.

Buying a helmet next week....mine are too old to be "legal"

Just a reminder that "Gate and Go" registration for Carlisle ends on May 2nd. After that, it will cost you more, and you will need to stop and pick up your registration documents when you arrive at the fairgrounds, rather than just driving straight in.

I registered for Carlisle, and the parade, today.

Z-man

Just a reminder that "Gate and Go" registration for Carlisle ends on May 2nd. After that, it will cost you more, and you will need to stop and pick up your registration documents when you arrive at the fairgrounds, rather than just driving straight in.

Z-man

Gate and Go early sticker is the way to go.

WDH_0413 (2).JPG

Edited by Bill Hamilton

Z-man

Last chance for "Gate and Go" registration...otherwise be prepared to stand in line.

And sign up for the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals while you're at it!!!!

Z-man

Edited by Z-man

I registered for tCarlisle with the Gate n Go pass. I selected steam Shelby as my club affiliation. Will I be parked with TS as Inhave been I years past?

Also curious if I can pay for lunch in the TS tent (I didn't book a TS package since I live nearby and would not be at other parts of the package.)

Edited by Eric Etkin

I registered for tCarlisle with the Gate n Go pass. I selected steam Shelby as my club affiliation. Will I be parked with TS as Inhave been I years past?

Also curious if I can pay for lunch in the TS tent (I didn't book a TS package since I live nearby and would not be at other parts of the package.)

Eric -

Registering for Carlisle under the Team Shelby club affiliation gets you access to the Ford National event, spectator admission to the "Cars Under the Stars" show, and the use of our hospitality tent (and any presentations taking place at the tent) over the course of the weekend.

it does not get you access to the Friday night dinner or special programs taking place inside the Expo Center, nor does it include a set of Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals door decals.

You will be parked by vehicle year/make/model, the same as in previous years. The Shelby's are all parked in the same general area, and our tent usually is right in the middle of all the "Shelby action", so you should be parked near the rest of the Team Shelby participants.

I'm not sure where you read we were serving lunch at our tent. At this point, no lunch is scheduled at our tent.......but stay tuned for an upcoming announcement about something we are planning for Saturday noontime.

To get any of the benefits of being a Team Shelby member at the East Coast Grand Nationals, you really need to register for one of the packages. We have broken the items down 'a la cart' so that you can pick and choose just those things you want to do, but we can only separate things down to a certain level. As such, there is no provision for a "lunch only" option...assuming there ends up being a lunch.

My suggestion is that you sign up for the "Poker Run and East Coast Grand National Package" which includes: Friday breakfast at hotel, Poker Run, Event “meatballs” to identify your car, Friday Texas BBQ Dinner, Guest Speakers, access to the Team Shelby Tent and the 2016 Shelby East Coast Grand National celebration, “Cars Under the Stars” and Credentials. - $125.00 / person. While you will miss out on Fridays breakfast and the Poker Run, it will allow you access to everything else we have planed (and are still planning) for the weekend.

Z-man

Register for “Ponies at the Point”..........check
Make hotel reservations at The George Washington Hotel, WV...............check
Register for the “2016 Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals”................check
Make hotel reservations at the Comfort Inn in Carlisle, PA................check
Register for the “Carlisle Ford Nationals”.................check
Add the Saturday Parade option..............check

Just a quick note for you guys doing the parade... try to position yourself to be in the middle lane towards the end when they park you. First year I was in the middle, parked in the middle of the street. Second year I was in the left lane, parked along the curb, came back to a car covered in sap.... spent the next weekend with a claybar and wax removing the sap... what a pain!!!

post-25056-0-47718600-1462273397_thumb.jpg

We plan to be there from Thursday to Sunday. Will be on the show field with TS. Will participate in the parade but, decided not to sign up for other events. The 50th celebration was great and TS put on a great show. The following one was disappointing. We still love attending and talking to all of the great folks with Team Shelby. We will be taking down our 2016 GT350 and maybe another car. We reserved parking for our motor home and other vehicles. We did sign up for the parade this year. Hadn't done it the last couple of years. We always have a great time hanging out with the other members.

BrucFitz-

You have such great memories of the 50th, and love hanging out with other Shelby folks, I'm curious why you wouldn't want to do it again?

I'll agree we did have a couple "off" years, but now we are back at it as hard as ever. Take another look at all we are offering, and ask yourself if you wouldn't want to be part of it.

We are still adding more content daily (added another dinner speaker yesterday), and also hinted heavily about other festivities being added.

Even if you can't join us at Summit Point, I urge you to consider the non-track package that is more Carlisle oriented.

No matter what you choose, you'll have a great time and I look forward to seeing you there!

Z-man

Edited by Z-man

Z-man, how late can you register for the TS events? I will not be able to do the Summit Pt/Poker run. I did that for the 50th and it was really great. I will be hooking up with the VA and a few FL members.

Z-man, how late can you register for the TS events? I will not be able to do the Summit Pt/Poker run. I did that for the 50th and it was really great. I will be hooking up with the VA and a few FL members.

You still have time to register for both the East Coast Grand Nationals and the Ford Nationals at Carlisle (although the Carlisle "gate and go" option has now passed, so you will need to pick up your registration packet when you arrive).

I would not wait until the last minute, as I need to get a good headcount for the caterers and parking. Don't forget to book your room at the host hotel as well.

I would try to sign up in the next few weeks, and definitely before the end of May,

The sooner you can sign up, the better.

Z-man

Eric -

Registering for Carlisle under the Team Shelby club affiliation gets you access to the Ford National event, spectator admission to the "Cars Under the Stars" show, and the use of our hospitality tent (and any presentations taking place at the tent) over the course of the weekend.

it does not get you access to the Friday night dinner or special programs taking place inside the Expo Center, nor does it include a set of Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals door decals.

You will be parked by vehicle year/make/model, the same as in previous years. The Shelby's are all parked in the same general area, and our tent usually is right in the middle of all the "Shelby action", so you should be parked near the rest of the Team Shelby participants.

I'm not sure where you read we were serving lunch at our tent. At this point, no lunch is scheduled at our tent.......but stay tuned for an upcoming announcement about something we are planning for Saturday noontime.

To get any of the benefits of being a Team Shelby member at the East Coast Grand Nationals, you really need to register for one of the packages. We have broken the items down 'a la cart' so that you can pick and choose just those things you want to do, but we can only separate things down to a certain level. As such, there is no provision for a "lunch only" option...assuming there ends up being a lunch.

My suggestion is that you sign up for the "Poker Run and East Coast Grand National Package" which includes: Friday breakfast at hotel, Poker Run, Event “meatballs” to identify your car, Friday Texas BBQ Dinner, Guest Speakers, access to the Team Shelby Tent and the 2016 Shelby East Coast Grand National celebration, “Cars Under the Stars” and Credentials. - $125.00 / person. While you will miss out on Fridays breakfast and the Poker Run, it will allow you access to everything else we have planed (and are still planning) for the weekend.

Z-man

REgistered.....

Register for “Ponies at the Point”..........check

Make hotel reservations at The George Washington Hotel, WV...............check

Register for the “2016 Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals”................check

Make hotel reservations at the Comfort Inn in Carlisle, PA................check

Register for the “Carlisle Ford Nationals”.................check

Add the Saturday Parade option..............check

:thumbsup: ME Too!! :happy feet:

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Looking forward to meeting you also!

Edited by 07gt500conv