TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why do I like the sgt so much ?

SGT2039

Now that we've had a "little cooling off period" I have unlocked this topic thread as there should NO REASON why SGT enthusiasts can't have a topic to discuss their love and appreciation of the SGT without people being disagreeable.

We can all agree that no car is perfect so let's focus on appreciating the good, never forgetting the common bond we share across all Shelby products, and remembering the fun of ownership we've shared. At the same time the best defense when someone comes in and looks to be attempting to stir up trouble, is to ignore them, nothing pisses them off more than that. A race to the bottom trying to reason never works.

I will be policing this thread more actively and will address issues should it be needed but I trust we're all adults, at least old enough to have driver's licenses, so I'm sure no more needs to be said.

Oh...other than I still believe, can't say why just a feeling I get looking at them, that the SGT is STILL the most elegant, and with it low aggressive stance, the most balanced looking Mustang ever built. IMHO!

Carry on!

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

Thanks Jeff!

Ordered my new New Jersey tag for #5671 yesterday. All along I always thought if I bought an SGT, I'd want the traditional 'SGTXXXX'.

But decided against it at the last minute. Went with B1KEBOY.

I have BIKEBOY on my Ram truck daily driver , and 8IKE8OY on my 500.

:cool:

Pulled the cover off my SGT Friday after a long Winter's sleep ,called my Insurance Agent to put the full coverage back on only to find out that they

were closed because of Good Friday. So i will have to wait untill next weekend.Did not want to take a chance with all the Idiot's out driving on Easter Sunday

Sunday.I was driving the speed limit of 65 and cars were cutting in front of me and passing like i was parked.Now i like Speed but they were nut's.

The painted stripes really turned out good on my 2008 SGT-C. Will do the same on the 2007 when they go bad. They are still in good shape. I'm curious as to what interior up grade you are thinking about?

The painted stripes really turned out good on my 2008 SGT-C. Will do the same on the 2007 when they go bad. They are still in good shape. I'm curious as to what interior up grade you are thinking about?

Shelby offers one, I actually just started a post inquiring about it because I know they changed manufacturers. Champion Mustang had them also, but since all of my mods have been through Shelby I think I want to stick with them.

Most of the GT500's are raced in a straight line but I believe Tim Stieve (SVTTim) ran one on a road course.

Just to correct the record. My car is not a GT500, its not a GT. It started life as an F500C spare Body that was purchased by Rehagen Racing and fitted with Shelby Body work. So, I called it a GT500RR because I can. In reality, I'm not sure how you classify it. Well, except fast ;)

Just to correct the record. My car is not a GT500, its not a GT. It started life as an F500C spare Body that was purchased by Rehagen Racing and fitted with Shelby Body work. So, I called it a GT500RR because I can. In reality, I'm not sure how you classify it. Well, except fast ;)

1 of 1 ?

:lurk:

:hide:

Almost as fast as my Shelby GT-R model! ;)

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2016 at 12:47 PM, 2007red40thGT500 said:

yeah, i know that, which is why i like the fact the GT500 horsepower output actually matched the name with the reintroduction of the car. they should have done that with the Shelby GT. things are different now. Low end Infinitis, BMWs and a slew of modern day cars within the last 10 years hover around 300hp (often with 6-cylinders).

But they don't have 330lbs ft of torque.

• 2 months later...