TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whippled 2016 GT350 Makes 819WHP

Secondo

It's was only a matter of time before someone decided to force feed the GT350. Ford would be screaming 'DON'T DO IT!' like then did when guys like Lund where tuning the then new 5.0 to sound like the BOSS 302 and its track key.

I ask anyone this, 'What would the Old Man do?'

yeah, but not really. GM has the corvette, cts-v and camaro. dodge has the viper, challenger, charger. ford only has the mustang. kinda weak when you think about it. the ford GT is unobtainable so i dont really count that as an option.

GM is a close second but they have stopping production on the Viper and although I do very much like the Hellcat they are about to put it in everything so that puts Dodge a distant third.

I am glad to see the aftermarket working their magic. They rescued the '07-'09 GT500s and others as well. The owners who paid hard earned cash for these car deserve to get the most out of their investments and don't need road racing snobs and other elitist pricks calling them hillbillys for tapping the Voodoo engines true potential. These are muscle cars and should have big balls. 800+ HP sounds good and is for the meat eaters of the world. Buy a damn Boxster or a Gayman if ya wanna be a road course ace. Leave the high horsepower work to the men who can handle it. Some of you guys here are starting to sound like the pussies on 6g who are in a tizzy about the aftermarket transforming the GT350 into a frontline muscle car.

yeah, but not really. GM has the corvette, cts-v and camaro. dodge has the viper, challenger, charger. ford only has the mustang. kinda weak when you think about it. the ford GT is unobtainable so i dont really count that as an option.

Ah, but your missing over a few other Ford vehicles aren't you?

Focus ST, Fiesta ST

Focus RS

Taurus SHO

Ford Explorer Sport AND Platinum (but Dodge does have the new Hellcat Jeep)

What am I missing? _ oh yeah, the Raptor. And another one on the horizon.

Then there are 4 or 5 more performance vehicles due by 2020. So how is that weak?

Lincoln Continental is coming with some surprising performance

It's was only a matter of time before someone decided to force feed the GT350. Ford would be screaming 'DON'T DO IT!' like then did when guys like Lund where tuning the then new 5.0 to sound like the BOSS 302 and its track key.

I ask anyone this, 'What would the Old Man do?'

:)

Ah, but your missing over a few other Ford vehicles aren't you?

Focus ST, Fiesta ST

Focus RS

Taurus SHO

Ford Explorer Sport AND Platinum (but Dodge does have the new Hellcat Jeep)

What am I missing? _ oh yeah, the Raptor. And another one on the horizon.

Then there are 4 or 5 more performance vehicles due by 2020. So how is that weak?

Lincoln Continental is coming with some surprising performance

Good perspective. Ford provides some very capable performance vehicles on various levels. Just wait till the next GT500 takes the point. Look out.

Ford isn't worried, obviously, otherwise the coyote superchargers and intakes wouldn't fit on the voodoo engine and hardly anyone would be able to unlock the computer to tune it. You know, like mopars :hysterical:

Of course Ford isnt worried and neither is Shelby American for that matter. They dont own it anymore! You do!

Good perspective. Ford provides some very capable performance vehicles on various levels. Just wait till the next GT500 takes the point. Look out.

Let see...

Focus ST, Fiesta ST - Nope, never gonna own one of these. This is a car for kids. I have no interest in turbo 4-cylinders, front-wheel drive or boy racer looks.
Focus RS - Ditto here.This is a car for the "Fast and Furious" crowd. I'd consider a Subaru WRX STI or equivalent way before this.
Taurus SHO - Do they even still make these? If so, why aren't they ever compared to CTS-Vs, etc? I'd buy a BMW long before I'd consider one of these anyway.
Ford Explorer Sport AND Platinum (but Dodge does have the new Hellcat Jeep) - Considered these and the Grand Cherokee SRT8 in the past. I wouldn't buy this type of car for performance unless it was my ONLY car. I bought an Acura RDX for comfort, reliability instead.
What am I missing? _ oh yeah, the Raptor. And another one on the horizon. - Not a truck guy.
Then there are 4 or 5 more performance vehicles due by 2020. So how is that weak? - Like what?
Lincoln Continental is coming with some surprising performance - Way off topic now.

what i'm getting at is it feels like GM, for example, has several choices for the same type of buyer. in other words, the camaro fits the t-shirt and jeans/"muscle"/street/track crowd. the corvette fits the business casual/"sports car"/street/track crowd and the cts-v fits the suit and tie/"touring"/street/track crowd. there are model variations and options within each but there is a lot of overlap among the core cars.

whereas, ford has basically only the mustang. there is a lot of variation within the mustang, but at the end of the day, it's only one car. the taurus is too family-oriented and sedate to be considered, the focus is too juvenile and the GT is way out of reach.

what i'm getting at is it feels like GM, for example, has several choices for the same type of buyer. in other words, the camaro fits the t-shirt and jeans/"muscle"/street/track crowd. the corvette fits the business casual/"sports car"/street/track crowd and the cts-v fits the suit and tie/"touring"/street/track crowd. there are model variations and options within each but there is a lot of overlap among the core cars.

whereas, ford has basically only the mustang. there is a lot of variation within the mustang, but at the end of the day, it's only one car. the taurus is too family-oriented and sedate to be considered, the focus is too juvenile and the GT is way out of reach.

So basically if you're not interested or it's too expensive the car is invalid? nice reality you live in,how about you back to planet earth?

So basically if you're not interested or it's too expensive the car is invalid? nice reality you live in,how about you back to planet earth?

you've missed the point completely and i'm not going to try and explain it again. bottom line, ford is doing a great job, but i wouldnt say they are leading the pack.

BTW, I would say that the STI is "juvenile," (and unimproved for years) while the Focus RS is a new world-class beast. Clearly you are unaware of the RS's credentials and history. Ford put a ton of work and technology in it and will compete directly with the best from around the world. Maybe you can do some research before judging the cars. Just sayin.

BTW, I would say that the STI is "juvenile," (and unimproved for years) while the Focus RS is a new world-class beast. Clearly you are unaware of the RS's credentials and history. Ford put a ton of work and technology in it and will compete directly with the best from around the world. Maybe you can do some research before judging the cars. Just sayin.

Perfect way to describe an STI-juvenile! I have always hated those things. Not really much for any of that Asian stuff.