TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whippled 2016 GT350 Makes 819WHP

Secondo

Lethal Performance installs 2.9 Whipple to Ford's new GT350 Voodoo engine and made a stellar 819.87WHP with only 11.62LBS of boost! Tuned by Jon Lund. The car ran high 10's before the Whipple with nitrous but they report that 9's may be possible with the Whipple. Drag times will be announced soon. See article here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/2016/02/09/tech-shelby-gt350-supercharger/

:yahoo::thumbsup:

Now we watch for durability.

Exactly! There is a reason why Ford didn't install a supercharger on the GT350 but these companies think they know more than Ford's engineers so we'll see

My understanding is that this 5.2 will handle the sc just fine, but it had to be an NA build in order to qualify for its race class- which it dominates.

Seeing these numbers makes me wonder if Ford doesn't simply do a similar setup for a new Cobra or "GT500" replacement whatever name they go with.

They didn't put a supercharger on it because the GT350 is designed to be an autocross track car. Lethal is modifying it for drag racing. The people complaining about the lack of automatics, rear seats and superchargers are missing the whole point of the car.

They didn't put a supercharger on it because the GT350 is designed to be an autocross track car. Lethal is modifying it for drag racing. The people complaining about the lack of automatics, rear seats and superchargers are missing the whole point of the car.

Yeah the guys on 6g who have more or less declared the GT350 as too good for something as hillbilly as drag racing are having a major ball bust over this one. They don't want to hear about blowers, 800 horsepower, and all the stuff Pony Cars are really about. Oh well I guess we can call these cars a poor mans Porsche. These are some of the same suckers who think $10,000 over is a "good deal" on a 350. LOL!

I mean, if you think you "shouldn't" drop a supercharger on a 350 because it was developed to be a track car, but simply adding a supercharger for roughly 10k makes a 55k car a 65k 839 REAR WHEEL hp monster with better traction and suspension than a 2014 GT500 with 580 RWHP, maybe there is something you are missing Sean! Lol

You can always disable the SC for the track, or run very low boost and still have your track car. You just can't run it in NA class.

Edited by DubbsFaris

Raj and his "boys" don't know American cars. :hysterical:

Do you mean Raj Nair? I'm sorry, but he's been there a while and been a part of quite a bit of the crap Ford has been force feeding us, you know, like the 2013 GT500, the Raptor, the explorer sport and SHO, the Fiesta and Focus STs....yeah....I don't know why I even bother with Ford anymore....they clearly don't have their finger on the pulse of consumer performance vehicles.

(left off the RS because it was technically developed in Europe)

Guest markham51

I personally think Ford has done an awesome job morphing the Mustang into a multi-dimensional sports car. Yes...I said sports car. In all of it's variants, it is equally at home on the drag strip, the track or the daily commute. More so than any other American car in its class. All you have to do is drive one to appreciate how good it is. I have never seen anything like the universal praise the 2015/6 GT350 has received from auto journalists and Mustang enthusiasts alike.

I admire the fact that Whipple and countless others will mess with the recipe giving us yet MORE options! This is...after all...what Mustangs are all about. It's what makes going to a car show...FUN! It's seeing what people have done with their cars to make them unique.

So if someone takes a GT350 and "PUMPS IT UP"....thats cool in my eyes. As a car enthusiast...i can't get enough of this sort of thing.

And Raj...I own a bunch of Mustangs...and I am a true Ford guy. I think you are doing a great job.

"I love horsepower"...Carroll Shelby

:play:

Do you mean Raj Nair? I'm sorry, but he's been there a while and been a part of quite a bit of the crap Ford has been force feeding us, you know, like the 2013 GT500, the Raptor, the explorer sport and SHO, the Fiesta and Focus STs....yeah....I don't know why I even bother with Ford anymore....they clearly don't have their finger on the pulse of consumer performance vehicles.

(left off the RS because it was technically developed in Europe)

Wow! You make him sound better than the second coming of CS, and far more visionary and important to have accomplished all this by himself. Maybe then Ford should just name the cars a "Raj GT350", or a "Nair GT500" or like that…..might spark up sales in Asia……………... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Wow! You make him sound better than the second coming of CS, and far more visionary and important to have accomplished all this by himself. Maybe then Ford should just name the cars a "Raj GT350", or a "Nair GT500" or like that…..might spark up sales in Asia……………... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Wow, hyper negative post(and racist).....they could be building and promoting Tesla clones.

The vast majority of us here are really pleased that Ford is building what we want to buy, after all this is a Shelby fan club.

Yes, and I consider him a friend.

Last time in Dearborn, he had all the latest builds brought out to the Dearborn Proving Ground, and took me for rides in each one of them. He didnt have to do all that. Not only that, but he asks for enthusiast club feedback from us to know what people are saying on the forums and get a feel for our opinions.

Thats NEVER happened before Raj.

If its all the same Mike, I wont be sharing your opinion with him, although you are free to have it. Im just not sure it benefits you in any way to share that here.

Problem with society now...thinking that was racist is just wrong. (But everyone is entitled to their own opinion) Perhaps it's the new age mindset and how people interpret or twist statements into something they are not.

Well, I think it was percieved as Raj not being an "American", which if you have met him one might be a little more sensitive to that comment.

I for one didnt really see it as racist, per se, but Im from Texas, and Im not very sensitive to comments. I did see it as an insult to him though, just the same.

I certainly dont look down on you guys for not all being Texan. I mean, maybe a little, but not much. :whistling:

It's a long story, and begins with some of my very close MIT classmates who worked for Ford and did not appreciate his "leadership" and "management style" when things got nasty a few years back. I have also not been impressed with the directions he is taking Ford and his pandering to the political powers that be in DC instead of resisting regulations and is making compromises that are distressing to this Ford performance enthusiast, and you all should know by now what kinds of things I am talking about along those lines. It's my personal opinion and nobody has to agree or like it, and I don't have to agree or like what yours is either. It is a free country but as government grows and invades our personal choices in all things, including cars, it seems less free all the time, especially when business rolls over and plays dead in the face of politics.

Sorry this has gotten so far off topic, but when the conversation went into what the purpose of a car is, it probably needs to be discussed.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Racist? Hardly, but interesting you want to play the race card. I just have little respect for the guy, that's my opinion, you don't have to like it, as Dubbs has always said, and I own 3 Shelbys, so you want to question my loyalty to TS? :)

Clearly to me, your inference that by adding an ethnic name to the GT350 will aid it's sales in ASIA, is racist. Besides being in very poor taste, it does exemplify an issue we have in this country. Someone with a class A education should be able to express their opinion with a vernacular that avoids bringing someone's ethnicity in to the fray.

We all respect your opinion(that is the beauty of this forum) and we all have the right to call BS on statements like this

"It's a long story, and begins with some of my very close MIT classmates who worked for Ford and did not appreciate his "leadership" and "management style" when things got nasty a few years back. I have also not been impressed with the directions he is taking Ford and his pandering to the political powers that be in DC instead of resisting regulations and is making compromises that are distressing to this Ford performance enthusiast, and you all should know by now what kinds of things I am talking about along those lines. It's my personal opinion and nobody has to agree or like it, and I don't have to agree or like what yours is either. It is a free country but as government grows and invades our personal choices in all things, including cars, it seems less free all the time, especially when business rolls over and plays dead in the face of politics."

Quite different from my experiences, but I understand the grounds for your opinion.

So the Whippled GT 350........ I like it but would still wait to see some longevity of how that goes before I would push that kind of power out of the 5.2.

Edited by JeffJ

I don't appreciate or respect Mike's "opinions" peeing in our cereal everywhere across this forums. It has gotten very old. Really, Mike, :boring: this is a free country, we get that, but you abuse that freedom. Stop annoying us enthusiasts with your dislike of "Raj's" products that we like so much here. Maybe you can complain about him on a Chevrolet forum or something?? Or cry about how the new GT350 may affect the future value of your '13 without belittling it on an investment site?? :nonono:

The new GT350 is a beast for sure no matter what the cynics say about it. I'm wondering now if SAI will produce an upfitted package for it and the new Focus RS beast.

I don't appreciate or respect Mike's "opinions" peeing in our cereal everywhere across this forums. It has gotten very old. Really, Mike, :boring: this is a free country, we get that, but you abuse that freedom. Stop annoying us enthusiasts with your dislike of "Raj's" products that we like so much here. Maybe you can complain about him on a Chevrolet forum or something?? Or cry about how the new GT350 may affect the future value of your '13 without belittling it on an investment site?? :nonono:

The new GT350 is a beast for sure no matter what the cynics say about it. I'm wondering now if SAI will produce an upfitted package for it and the new Focus RS beast.

Well put!! :clapping: