TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby at Barrett Jackson North East at Mohegan Sun

shelbypt

During one of the TV breaks with Craig and Steve during the Florida auction they said that the rooms were all sold out. They said in January at Scottsdale that they were nearly sold out. Maybe Shelby has pre-reserved a block of rooms.

Hopefully!

^ I admire how optimistic you guys are, and hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but I will state it again...

The event package that Team Shelby is putting together for this event does not include hotel rooms nor are they holding a block of reserved rooms for Team Shelby members.

If you are planning to attend, you will need to find your own accommodations.

Z-man

^ I admire how optimistic you guys are, and hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but I will state it again...

The event package that Team Shelby is putting together for this event does not include hotel rooms nor are they holding a block of reserved rooms for Team Shelby members.

Z-man

I believe Z-man is correct.

Being Wife and I went to Palm Beach, I can tell you from experience, we had to book our own rooms....

Z-man

But, guys need to know the TS event date(s) in order to reserve rooms.

Hi Guys,

I’m working on this now and should have something up shortly. Each Barrett-Jackson Team Shelby VIP event keeps getting better and better, so I look forward to our participation at the inaugural experience in CT!! Lodging is limited, so if you're planning on attending, I would book your rooms early. Also, we will have an extremely limited amount of tickets for this event, so I’ll announce it here first when they go on sale.

Here’s a brief overview of what to expect below. I’m working on pricing with Barrett-Jackson now... the package will be epic!

Mohegan Sun (June 23-25, 2016) Team Shelby VIP Experience Package

1. Admission to BJ event
  2. Muscle car lounge passes (all-days)
  3. Participation in Shelby American’s Exclusive Ride & Drive
  4. Friday Team Shelby luncheon with Aaron Shelby & legends
  5. Signed Barrett-Jackson event program
  6. Private Ford Motor Company thrill rides
  7. Ford collectible item
  8. Private tour of BJAC
  9. Commemorative Shelby lanyard and credential
  10. Participation in the sale of the Ford Shelby GT-H prototype on stage (Friday)
  11. Participation in the group photo with VIP’s

Hi Guys,

I’m working on this now and should have something up shortly. Each Barrett-Jackson Team Shelby VIP event keeps getting better and better, so I look forward to our participation at the inaugural experience in CT!! Lodging is limited, so if you're planning on attending, I would book your rooms early. Also, we will have an extremely limited amount of tickets for this event, so I’ll announce it here first when they go on sale.

Here’s a brief overview of what to expect below. I’m working on pricing with Barrett-Jackson now... the package will be epic!

• Admission to BJ event
  • Muscle car lounge passes (all-days)
  • Participation in Shelby American’s Exclusive Ride & Drive
  • Friday Team Shelby luncheon with Aaron Shelby & legends
  • Signed Barrett-Jackson event program
  • Private Ford Motor Company thrill rides
  • Ford collectible item
  • Private tour of BJAC
  • Commemorative Shelby lanyard and credential
  • Participation in the sale of the Ford Shelby GT-H prototype on stage (Friday)
  • Participation in the group photo with VIP’s

FYI all, I checked 34 hotels within a 20 mile radius. I did find that one hotel, an Econo Lodge in Mystic, CT 9 miles away, has rooms for $170 / night. You begin to find more rooms at a 20 mile distance.

Hi Guys,

1. Admission to BJ event
  2. Muscle car lounge passes (all-days)
  3. Participation in Shelby American’s Exclusive Ride & Drive
  4. Friday Team Shelby luncheon with Aaron Shelby & legends
  5. Signed Barrett-Jackson event program
  6. Private Ford Motor Company thrill rides
  7. Ford collectible item
  8. Private tour of BJAC
  9. Commemorative Shelby lanyard and credential
  10. Participation in the sale of the Ford Shelby GT-H prototype on stage (Friday)
  11. Participation in the group photo with VIP’s

:happy feet:

Now I wish I could get up there....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Team Shelby VIP Experience Package

Did I miss the link for this???

25657162664_146cb9d9ee_b.jpg

26081087262_0036c0777d_b.jpg

CaptDave

Do you mean the link to the event? There was another thread about it which seems to be missing today.

Where were the pics taken?

2016 New York International Auto Show 3-31-2016. Got there early so I was 1st in line to get to the 2017 Ford GT, I had about 5min almost alone with the 2017 Ford GT.

There was a special event to see this car before the show (2016 GT-H). I got the invite from SA Vegas only 2hrs before. Not enough time for me to make it that day. I'm just looking to see if there is another chance to see the 2016 GT-H in private.

26349021191_7dbfa5f968_b.jpg

CaptDave

2016 New York International Auto Show 3-31-2016. Got there early so I was 1st in line to get to the 2017 Ford GT, I had about 5min almost alone with the 2017 Ford GT.

There was a special event to see this car before the show (2016 GT-H). I got the invite from SA Vegas only 2hrs before. Not enough time for me to make it that day. I'm just looking to see if there is another chance to see the 2016 GT-H in private.

26349021191_7dbfa5f968_b.jpg

CaptDave

I'm not positive but I think if you attend the Team Shelby Mohegan Sun event we get to participate in auctioning of a special GT-H. Also getting tours, etc.

CaptDave,

It looks like you are in the Northeast. Too bad you didn't come to the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals and The Carlisle Ford Nationals. We had plenty of time with both the GTH & GT. We actually had dinner with the GT........that sounds kinda strange.

Unfortunately the Carlisle event was announced after I had already made plans that couldn't be changed. So I am now planning to be there next year. Funny thing is where I went someone had rented a new GTH so I saw one there.

Heading down to Mohegan this morning! As / if I can I'll post some pics....

I'll be camping at Mohegan in my RV. Cheap room! Haven't done this there before so I'm not sure what to expect.....

CaptDave,

It looks like you are in the Northeast. Too bad you didn't come to the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals and The Carlisle Ford Nationals. We had plenty of time with both the GTH & GT. We actually had dinner with the GT........that sounds kinda strange.

I wish I could, wanted to.

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

I wish I could, wanted to.

I had a busy spring, took the wife on a Celebrity Summit Cruise to Bermuda (top deck stern cabin). It took a bit of our time & money. We have done loads of Automotive Shoots in the past year, so I had to let those two go (i'm making a very sad face right now). Happy Wife...Happy Life, so they say.

CaptDave

Captdave,

Please use the off-topic area to post any vacation pics you want to share. This thread topic is about the Barrett-Jackson Mohegan Sun event.

Thank you

I'm in our TS skybox here now watching the auction with the group. TS has done an incredible job in organizing this event. We've also had a private tour by Barrett Jackson, a photo op with the group with the new Ford GT and met the president of Barrett Jackson. I wish I could post pics now.

I'm in our TS skybox here now watching the auction with the group. TS has done an incredible job in organizing this event. We've also had a private tour by Barrett Jackson, a photo op with the group with the new Ford GT and met the president of Barrett Jackson. I wish I could post pics now.

Have fun, take lots of pics :happy feet: :happy feet: