TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 dealer mark up backlash

That's a laugher.

So an R at this "dealership" will cost the consumer what? $100,000?

For that price I'd rather call SAI and have them build me a SS or a Terlingua.

At $60,000 an R is an outstanding value, but at $100,000? Not so much.

Wont get either car for 100. A lot of these dealers are not willing to sell the cars right now for marketing reasons, unless they bring stupid money. They just dont care. It is what it is

• 1 year later...

Just went down to local dealer who I bought my 13 GT. (yes , not a Shelby gt 350..). Went down after calling to do the Airbag recall.Yes, come down, we have those parts, now in stock.So, went down, said I will wait for the service to be done.( First call, said they will need it for HALF A DAY !) When I showed up, they say " oh , a couple HOURS"). So ,I have to wait. So, I wander up to the showroom to look around. There is a new 17 GT350 in gray. Well, in my opinion, the "Gray" ,just doesn't do that car !. After looking it over, I see a dent at the bodyline and front "gap" on the drivers door.Then on further examination,the front gap on the door,wavers in and out ,top to bottom ! Check the passenger door, its even top to bottom. Dealer wants (msrp 59,900)$15,000 dollar markup for " Market Evaluation", now asking price is $75,000. So, if I bought it, with tax, license, dealer "prep", its over $80,000 +, REALLY? ( Oh, by the way after a hour, they call me back to service and say, "Oh, we don't have the airbag replacement', we have to order it"." It will take 3 days, to 3 WEEKS")

Just went down to local dealer who I bought my 13 GT. (yes , not a Shelby gt 350..). Went down after calling to do the Airbag recall.Yes, come down, we have those parts, now in stock.So, went down, said I will wait for the service to be done.( First call, said they will need it for HALF A DAY !) When I showed up, they say " oh , a couple HOURS"). So ,I have to wait. So, I wander up to the showroom to look around. There is a new 17 GT350 in gray. Well, in my opinion, the "Gray" ,just doesn't do that car !. After looking it over, I see a dent at the bodyline and front "gap" on the drivers door.Then on further examination,the front gap on the door,wavers in and out ,top to bottom ! Check the passenger door, its even top to bottom. Dealer wants (msrp 59,900)$15,000 dollar markup for " Market Evaluation", now asking price is $75,000. So, if I bought it, with tax, license, dealer "prep", its over $80,000 +, REALLY? ( Oh, by the way after a hour, they call me back to service and say, "Oh, we don't have the airbag replacement', we have to order it"." It will take 3 days, to 3 WEEKS")

WOW, I have gotten to hate the stealerships...

Talk about mark up B.S., yesterday I was talking to a dealer who is selling 2 of those 2017 Shelby F150 trucks and he admitted today they marked them up $25k! WTF was putting it lightly... its a truck dude and SAI didn't even build it

Talk about mark up B.S., yesterday I was talking to a dealer who is selling 2 of those 2017 Shelby F150 trucks and he admitted today they marked them up $25k! WTF was putting it lightly... its a truck dude and SAI didn't even build it

Ford dealers may be the very worst at this. $25,000 jack on a truck, $100,000 for a Mustang, yeah sure. These grease balls are just plain stupid. No one with any brains or business sense is going to listen to these garlic breathed assholes for one minute. Lets see how that 100K asking works when the Pony Car competition brings 840 HP to the table.

• 3 weeks later...

Prices are dropping..... https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/661124656/overview/

4 miles on this 2016. It's been sitting there so long even the tire dressing is gone :)

Flat spot tires also and depreciating as I post. I remember last year a local dealership had a used one listed as new with 5000 miles. The salesman said it was never titled because the buyers check didn't clear. WTF 5000 miles to realize this. So I asked if I could test drive the car and was told NO unless I buy it. Never ever will I go back to that dealer and he's 5 miles from my house. Sold me 4 cars over the years but no more. The salesman knows me by my first name. I've never been denied a test drive before @ this dealer .....it's an insult to me. They are famous for ADMs. I will check out what's in the showroom but no sale @ this greedy place.

Kelly blue book has these used 350's trade in value @ $49K now . But this dealer still has ADMs even on used cars.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I think it's a different customer that will buy each, but because the GT350 is the only Shelby option (most customers have no clue SAI offers builds) the demand is higher, that's why I think it will impact it largely.

That said I still think the GT350 is a hell of a car at MSRP, if I were in the Market I'd buy one for sure. I prefer lighter nimble cars rather then GT Drag Strip cars. That is exactly what the GT350 is all about, and you have to love the exhaust note it makes!!!

Ford just allows it to happen because I am looking at a 2018 Mercedes AMG GT R and very few in the Green coming to the U.S. and you'd think the dealers would mark them up, nope Mercedes lists the price and that is what it is

Ford just allows it to happen because I am looking at a 2018 Mercedes AMG GT R and very few in the Green coming to the U.S. and you'd think the dealers would mark them up, nope Mercedes lists the price and that is what it is

Your Local Mercedes Salesperson is most likely BS’ing you in regard to limited quantities and you fell for it and repeated it here. The Mercedes GT R is not going to be a limited production run , they are going to build as many as they can sell and there is no restriction on the green color to the USA or anywhere else for that matter.So in essence your Mercedes Dealer are being no better than the Ford dealers you are badmouthing here.

Not all Ford Dealers are gougers..... like any other businesses or markets there are good dealers and bad dealers, good salespeople and bad salespeople.

Edited by mhr1961

Your Local Mercedes Salesperson is most likely BSing you in regard to limited quantities and you fell for it and repeated it here. The Mercedes GT R is not going to be a limited production run , they are going to build as many as they can sell and there is no restriction on the green color to the USA or anywhere else for that matter.So in essence your Mercedes Dealer are being no better than the Ford dealers you are badmouthing here.

Not all Ford Dealers are gougers..... like any other businesses or markets there are good dealers and bad dealers, good salespeople and bad salespeople.

^^^^^ This

:yup:

Edited by BIKEBOY

True!!

Sorry to say, but while sometimes salespeople are part of the equation, dealer ownership and management sets pricing policy and ADMS. Sales people are just privates obeying the orders of the generals.

Sorry to say, but while sometimes salespeople are part of the equation, dealer ownership and management sets pricing policy and ADMS. Sales people are just privates obeying the orders of the generals.

Agreed

For those that have been around a while many dealers used to be a part of this forum, most of them touted how good their $10K ADM deals were. It's funny how almost all of them disappeared when ADM's went away. One thing I will say about other forums, a good example is the Corvette forum, is they have dedicated dealers that take care of their enthusiasts. I know this forum stopped sponsors, but the folks I'm talking about left long before that. One I actually do miss is Michael Morris, he seemed to be a straight up type.

I might even be talking about prior to the merge, I'm not exactly sure.

Edited by carnut12

Can't compare GM sales to Ford's, where everyday is "black Friday" at the Chevy store and you can get thousands off msrp because there are more supply than demand. In contrast, usually Fords (especially with the high-value Shelby name attatched) are in higher demand than supply.

Agreed

For those that have been around a while many dealers used to be a part of this forum, most of them touted how good their $10K ADM deals were. It's funny how almost all of them disappeared when ADM's went away. One thing I will say about other forums, a good example is the Corvette forum, is they have dedicated dealers that take care of their enthusiasts. I know this forum stopped sponsors, but the folks I'm talking about left long before that. One I actually do miss is Michael Morris, he seemed to be a straight up type.

I might even be talking about prior to the merge, I'm not exactly sure.

I remember Michael. :thumbsup:

Yeah Michael had a super snake many years ago. What happened to him ? I just noticed that the Ford dealers are giving $8k off msrp on all non Shelby mustangs. All car companies are giving some hefty discounts today.

Can't compare GM sales to Ford's, where everyday is "black Friday" at the Chevy store and you can get thousands off msrp because there are more supply than demand. In contrast, usually Fords (especially with the high-value Shelby name attatched) are in higher demand than supply.

That sounds more like fanboy opinion rather than fact .

Ford just announced horrible sales for this past month and are offering hefty discounts on a number of vehicles. Mustang sales for April were off over 36% as compared to last April, and Year to Date Mustang sales are off over 28% compared to last year. Over all car sales for Ford Total Vehicles are down YTD by over 5%. Ford is offering hefty discounts on a number of their vehicle just like other manufacturers.

Not badmouthing Ford, just providing some accurate info that is readily available on their website.

Have a nice day

"...this past month..."

I (and others here) walk into the local Chevy dealers at any time since 2006 to now and see signs on the cars on the showrooms, including Vettes and Camaros "Thousands off MSRP" but go to a Ford dealer and there are ADM's on Shelbys and Focus RS's. Those are the facts this "fanboy" is talking about, homie.

"...this past month..."

I (and others here) walk into the local Chevy dealers at any time since 2006 to now and see signs on the cars on the showrooms, including Vettes and Camaros "Thousands off MSRP" but go to a Ford dealer and there are ADM's on Shelbys and Focus RS's. Those are the facts this "fanboy" is talking about, homie.

Still opinion, you cherry picked my words this past month fact is sales of the mustang have actually been declining for more than this past month . I am a Ford guy but I dont let my enthusiasm skew my view of sales and overall sales performance, especially when it is readily available info on their website. Ford also has offered many incentives over the years when sales decline just like Chevy and Chrysler(Fiat) Ford is not an exception.they just dont do it as often. Also supply over the past several months has exceeded demand in regard to a number of Ford vehicles including the Mustang. The ADM on the Shelby most know is a fantasy. Sure the dealers may post an ADM but the smart ones have been dropping it or eliminating it completely to move cars that have been collecting dust.

No argument, believe what you like.

Edited by mhr1961

Low gas prices are fueling SUV sales while causing cars to sit on lots.

A dealer can price cars however they please.

The 'factory' frowns on ADM and has no power over the dealer to remove them.

Factory car and truck allocation is based (mostly) on sales history, current inventory and units in the pipeline.

If a dealer is slowing sales by adding ADMs to certain models, their allocation of that car/truck will also slow.

Your Local Mercedes Salesperson is most likely BS’ing you in regard to limited quantities and you fell for it and repeated it here. The Mercedes GT R is not going to be a limited production run , they are going to build as many as they can sell and there is no restriction on the green color to the USA or anywhere else for that matter.So in essence your Mercedes Dealer are being no better than the Ford dealers you are badmouthing here.

lol oh my umm wrong dude and does not come from a salesman. You assume I spoke to a salesman when I did not and your blah blah blah has nothing to do with the fact that Ford allowed dealers from the 07 GT500 to 08 GT500KR even the original Ford GT's to price gouge these things and did the same thing with the GT350's came out and again on the GT350r's so get a tissue there buddy