TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spare tire question

Will a stock 18 inch black wheel and tire thats on our SGT`s fit in the spare tire well in the trunk where the tire compressor/fix a flat is now.Have a chance to buy a factory 18 inch black factory 5 spoke wheel and was wondering if its worth it.Would jack my car up and try one of mine but cars in storage until winters over.

Thanks H0050 for the help. Good to know about the height issue but thats something that can be can be remedied with a little modification.I have the black bullet wheel but think they are probably the same.

Will a stock 18 inch black wheel and tire thats on our SGT`s fit in the spare tire well in the trunk where the tire compressor/fix a flat is now.Have a chance to buy a factory 18 inch black factory 5 spoke wheel and was wondering if its worth it.Would jack my car up and try one of mine but cars in storage until winters over.

in one word..... no

Since I put the Razors on mine when I go for a trip I put one of the orig tire/wheels in the trunk for a spare, it doesn't fit in the well.

I have a 18" Shelby CS69 with tire in my trunk spare tire well. Sits a little tall but fits fine. 255/45/18

I forgot to add: My car is a 2006 GT-H. Would think its no different than the 07/08 SGT. In addition, I did have to air down the tire some so it would fit. I carry a small air compressor so once it is mounted I can finish inflating to proper pressure.

No big brakes,no 20 inch wheels etc.Just wondering about the stock 18 inch wheel and tire in the spare tire well in the trunk.We are planning a trip early spring and was hoping someone had tried the stock wheel.

• 2 years later...
On 4/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, ChicagoChris said:

Let me know if you pull out the dyno matt and it fits flush.  This looks like a good alternative to the fix a flat pump.  Thanks.

Decided not to pull out the Dynamat, but have friend with a 2007 SGT and will test fit it in his and see what the results are

Very cool:  Looks like a real good fit and it's a excellent option for a spare, nice!  :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Very cool:  Looks like a real good fit and it's a excellent option for a spare, nice!  :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

Thanks, would have been nice to fit flush   But I don’t use the trunk and don’t want to attempt to remove the dynamat and make a mess. 

13 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

Decided not to pull out the Dynamat, but have friend with a 2007 SGT and will test fit it in his and see what the results are

Love to know if it fits flush , keep us posted. 

15 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

I am not aware of too many options for big brake spares....

Anyway jack came in

IMG_2316-L.jpg

IMG_2317-L.jpg

IMG_2318-L.jpg

The new jack and attaching hardware look pretty good and a nice fit!:cool: 

Later!

"MONGOOSE"  :peelout:

• 1 month later...

Archived