TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains

stngfever

Blake, will 2016 be the year you can finally join in on the fun!

Daphne, welcome aboard.

Jim, where's VIC?

Look for route and hotel info in next week or so!

Come on April!

Edited by stngfever

Blake, will 2016 be the year you can finally join in on the fun!

I would like to think so. I have been doing a few solo drives in the GT500 and the Cobra up in the NC mountains over the past few years to make up for missing on the group drive.

I get a little emotional when it comes to friendship and will truly miss seeing Vic. I have know him since the beginning of Team Shelby and I first meet him on the first Florida Shelby event in 2008, Horsepower on the Horse Farm, which buy the way his GT500 won the award for the most horsepower. One of the many fondest memories was when Vic,Jim and I were coming back home through Atlanta and Jim took the wrong turn. :whistling: Maybe next year Vic.

Good to see Frank and Jean might make the run again, if they do, don't forget those special Washington cookies. :hysterical:

So day 2 starts and ends in MaxMeadows, Va? For us traveling to and from the South, and I am talking waaaaayyyyyy down south, the start and finish lines are important factors in the overall trip planning.

GT

Yes Day 2 starts and ends in Max Meadows, VA therefore departure home will be from Max Meadows, VA.

Max Meadows is near expressway vs. Boone requires some back road driving.

12 hour drive to get there and then a 12 hour drive to get home........that alone will be an adventure.......at least last year I had company for a good portion......hopefully someone else will join in so I can rallye for at least part of the trip.

GT

Ditto!

Can't wait for April to do some :shift:

Yes was same for us. 12 hours to get there and/or home. Haven't checked mileage on this but am assuming will be close to same. Us snow birds have to travel far to get away from this stuff.

My car still at painters. Hope it gets time to cure so I can protect it well before trip. Big factor, but painter says not to worry.

• 3 weeks later...

Really Wish I could make this trip this year. The last 2 years it has occurred at the same time as my company meeting. I had so much fun driving in the mountains and would really love to stretch the new car's legs!

Getting closer to committing. The GT-500 is down with a slipping clutch. Have all the parts to do the job and can probably get it done in time. The wrinkle is that my new DD is a 2015 Mustang w/2.3 Ecoboost.....am leaning towards driving it instead of the 08. It handles so much better than the GT-500 and is definitely a drivers car.....

I know, first world problems and all that....

Getting closer to committing. The GT-500 is down with a slipping clutch. Have all the parts to do the job and can probably get it done in time. The wrinkle is that my new DD is a 2015 Mustang w/2.3 Ecoboost.....am leaning towards driving it instead of the 08. It handles so much better than the GT-500 and is definitely a drivers car.....

Frank,

I drove a 2016 GT last year for our trip in Sturgis. You are right, it is a driving machine. Told the wife if we had more garage space, I would go buy a new one...

Closer to committing? Ummm, sounds like your committed as you have 2 cars to choose from :drop:

(What's the wrinkle with a 15 Mustang? after all didn't we have a Fire Chicken in the group one year? :whistling: )

The important part is for you and Jean to join in on the fun this year!

Really Wish I could make this trip this year. The last 2 years it has occurred at the same time as my company meeting. I had so much fun driving in the mountains and would really love to stretch the new car's legs!

Hopefully you can get them to change the meeting as we want to see the new car! :drool:

Only a few more days and it's March which is one month away from April :puppy_kiss:

Edited by stngfever

• 3 weeks later...

So how many people are going?

I am going to try to make it for day 2.

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you're trying to make at least one day.

So far here's what I have:

Scott, stngfever (Rooms Booked)

Cliff, Rumors Possible

Don, gt67

Jim, 07GT500CONV Possible

George, GT500_2007

Carl, 08SGT1234 Possible

Frank, Rarecat Possible

Blake, ViperNC Possible

Daphne, Daphne Possible

sheppd01, Possible 2nd Day

One Month from tomorrow! :yahoo: