TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains

stngfever

Back by popular demand! Many unforeseen issues caused this years event to be canceled!

Save the dates 4/16 - 4/18 (rain dates 4/23 - 4/25)

Hotel Info

Saturday 4/16

Super 8 ($80.00+tax) Team Shelby Group Rate

2419 Highway 105 South, Boone, NC 28607

1-828-264-4133

Sunday 4/17 & Monday 4/18

Super 8 ($64.00+tax)

194 Fort Chiswell Rd. Max Meadows, VA 24360

1-276-637-4141

Kickoff Dinner:

Saturday 4/16 @ 7p.m.

McKethan Brothers BBQ

http://www.mckethanbrothers.com/

1475 Highway 105

Boone, NC 28607

1-828-265-2828

Day 1 (Sunday) Primarily Blue Ridge Parkway

Depart Boone, NC to Max Meadows, VA for the night.

Approximately 293 smiles of scenic twisty mountain roads. http://mapq.st/1KCN1cC

Day 2 (Monday) Various portions of “Claw of the Dragon” including “Back of the Dragon”

Max Meadows, VA

Approximately 304 smiles of scenic twisty mountain roads. http://mapq.st/1QqnOqr

Post up if your thinking about joining in on the fun this year.

Did you know April 17th is National Mustang Day?

1445355516.png

I have us registered at http://www.nationalmustangday.com/

Edited by stngfever

Here we go again. Join us for the tour. Each year gets bigger and better. Great way to wake up our cars and minds after another long winter as well as getting together with old friends and the meeting of new ones.

Here we go again. Join us for the tour. Each year gets bigger and better. Great way to wake up our cars and minds after another long winter as well as getting together with old friends and the meeting of new ones.

Wake up Cars :headscratch: Unlike you YANKEE's (Cliff and Scott) ours stay awake all year long...Matter of fact, going for a Cruise on Friday to Cedar Key and a show on Saturday.... :spiteful:

New route this year again looks great Scott. Thanks for working on this again as usual you always put much thought into it complete with hotels and everything.

Jim.....you live for rubbing in your warm weather at us northern brothers so we always have a goodie (you call lies) in store for you. Lol

At this point, not going to be able to make it.

:cry:

On the Calandar. Let me know if you need help with any of the particulars.........

:happy feet:

I just added this to my calendar, hopefully I can make it this year.....

Scott thanks for putting this together,

Carl

:happy feet:

At this point, not going to be able to make it.

Awe Jim hopefully the plans can change. You have always been a lot of fun to be with on our trips and also I enjoy watching you behind me. Lol

Wow................ That should add some extra excitement for us to see. When did you get it Sam?

Hey Don! I got it a couple of months ago - and have been working on it ever since! She's a driver, but rough around the edges! Going to try my hand at vintage racing if we can put it all together! Would be a blast in the Smokies!

Sam

Back by popular demand!

Save the dates 4/16 - 4/18 (rain dates 4/23 - 4/25)

Dinner kick-off on Saturday followed by 2 days of exciting mountain road driving.

More details to follow soon!

To provide an idea as to what we're in for this year, have a look at: http://www.clawofthedragon.com/

We'll be spending a good amount of time in SW Virginia this year!

Your just moving it closer to the Great White North to try to beat us to the hotel.... :whistling:

Yer right Jim! I wouldn't drive up, I'd trailer somewhere nearby, then drive!

Sam

Let me know if you find somewhere to park a truck/trailer for a few days as I was thinking of trailering part way. That way I could take the other car which is not as friendly on long rides but would be really fun on the mountain roads.

GT

Your just moving it closer to the Great White North to try to beat us to the hotel.... :whistling:

Those Northern boys always trying something funny. I wonder what fable Scott and Cliff will come up with this year. Two years ago the cruise was canceled because of them going on a Spring moose hunt in Alaska and last year Scott was pulled over and handcuffed and hauled away to jail. :hysterical2:

If you guys need any trailer tips here I am........... I was known as the trailer king till the Boss came along. :hysterical: I have close to 7000 miles with the 40th. Just ask Vic, Scott, and Cliff. BTW: Where is Vic?
Any word on Daphne if she is going along?
Looking forward to see Scott and Cliffs new paint jobs.
Sam, I sure like your new ride.
Jim you know in your heart you have make this trip again.
George are you talking about trailering the 40th? :happy feet:

Those Northern boys always trying something funny. I wonder what fable Scott and Cliff will come up with this year. Two years ago the cruise was canceled because of them going on a Spring moose hunt in Alaska and last year Scott was pulled over and handcuffed and hauled away to jail. :hysterical2:

Dont really care about their fables and lies....just not going to believe a word they say, just cant trust a Yankee..... :nonono:

I'll throw my hat in as a possibility. Always seems to conflict with Spring Break for the kids and my wife over-rides my participation. We'll see.

Blake