TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby Bash

rsgt500

Anyone know the price for the event yet and where to register?

Same question. Can we expect an email as in years past?

Some last minute details are being ironed out and then tickets will be for sale in the Shelby Store.

I would expect an email blast but to be safe keep checking back here at Team Shelby.

Steve

Shelby bash is a lacarte.. And Per person. That's cool but I have really no idea what all the options are. If your not taking your car or tracking it this year can u guys post what you choose ? We want to attend and really have no idea of what's what.

It should be self explanatory once the tickets with various options go up for sale on the Shelby Store website. Once tickets go on sale we can assist with specific questions or you could always call the Shelby Store once tickets go up for sale.

Steve

Shelby bash is a lacarte.. And Per person. That's cool but I have really no idea what all the options are. If your not taking your car or tracking it this year can u guys post what you choose ? We want to attend and really have no idea of what's what.

Tickets now on sale.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/bash16-ticket.htm

If you need assistance please give the Shelby Store a phone call at 702-405-3500

Steve

I have the MPSS on both my GT350 and my ZR1, nothing is as good.

Just got word my MPSS will be here next week so track day is back on. Having never done this a couple questions.

1. Is one day on the track enough do some people more than one

2. Over all how much time on the track do you get per day.

3. Are groups on the track based on driving ability.

Any other prep information would be appreciated.

There was a lot of track time last year. They ran in 3 groups(beginners-inter-expert) non-stop from @9 until lunch. Lunch was about an hour. and then back to the track until @4-5 if memory serves me. About 6 hours on each day. Correct me if I am wrong. Lunch was buffet style fajita, fruit,snacks.

Just got word my MPSS will be here next week so track day is back on. Having never done this a couple questions.

1. Run two days

2. At least 4 sessions per day

3. Yes

If you have not done this already, change you brake fluid to Motul 600 or the equivalent high temp racing brake fluid(don't worry no downside to running this on the street). A premium track brake pad is a very good idea or at least a brand new set of stock front pads.

You will also need an SA2010A rated helmet or better, long sleeves, long pants, closed toed shoes and SFI rated driving gloves

Thanks for all the info. Now I need a helmet. What is the specification for that this year. Last time I bought a helmet was 1987

Make sure the helmet you buy is an "A" rated helmet. "M" rated helmets are motorcycle helmets and not allowed

You are going to want as many track days as possible. After you do it just one time you are going to be hooked. Might want to open up a bank account just for track fees, brake pads, and high octane fuel from now on. I did my first ever track day at my first ever Bash a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. Find guys like McGuirk while at the Bash and pick their brains for track tips. Those guys really helped me out getting to know the track and my own car. Definitely chug water all day at the track. Adrenaline gets in your blood stream, then the body will try to get rid of it through sweat and urine. If you don't drink enough water during the day, you will have a bit of hangover by the time the party starts back at the banquet dinners in the evening.

Thanks for all the tips especially on the helmet. Not knowing any better I probably would have picked a MA 2015 helmet. I'm hooked already. Got my MPSS put on a couple days ago. What an amazing difference.