TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby Bash

rsgt500

I've heard of the "large tank" Corvettes, but have never seen one (in a picture or otherwise) that wasn't a dedicated race car.

This one was raced (long distance, competitive rallies, notice the stop watches, etc. soldered on the dash) for the first several years of its' life, it also has a close ratio 4 speed and a 3.08 rear end for top speeds. But I have seen some that were ordered for racing, but never raced for various reasons, but those are pretty rare.

I saw one of your cars on Mecum, I think last year at Kissimee (sp?). Definitely rare and brought lots of action. Nice find.

Actually there is another '64 in Mecum Kissimmee soon, and a couple of '63 Z06 tankers too. It seems they are getting turned over by some collectors and long time owners.

Nice! Congrats!

I have to agree. Very nice Corvette.

Couple pics for you. :)

00766%20resize.jpg

b29.jpg

Thanks guys, it will need some work, but hey, that's why I retired, so I could spend all of my time, and money, on cars. Hope to see you at the Bash.

Looks like a joy to work on

Lots of fun.

Not sure you would want to drive it to the Bash though. :lol:

Trip to the Bash would be great but not in the budget. :drop:

Edited by kstrong

The Southpoint is a spot we also enjoy. A good parking lot area. For the Bash in 2014, the head of security there, Dick Whittaker, took delivery of both our Shelbys and he was very accommodating. We are planning on the trip again and really looking forward to the Spring Mountain Track Event.

00766%20resize.jpg

b29.jpg

Lots of fun.

No Bash for you? Dang gonna miss my Canuck friend

00766%20resize.jpg

b29.jpg

Lots of fun.

Love those old planes. We usually get a few restored ones through here every year. I looked at a pristine B-17 all painted and polished like new. Great history.

Waiting on the Bash info! I have heard there is nothing happening in Gardena or Palm Springs this year. It's all focused around Vegas and Spring Mountain?

Hans,

The 2016 Bash takes place in Las Vegas this year.

There will be a Pacific Coast Region cruise from SoCal on Thursday. Watch for details on timing and meeting places to be posted shortly.

Registration for the event is slated to be posted on this Forum within a week. Keep your eyes pealed

Michael

Here is my quandary. I am going to the Bash and was gonna do the track event this time. I figured a good time to replace the Goodyears with Pilot Super Sports. From every source I can find the fronts are back ordered indefinetly. Earliest possible arrival early March. I may have to run on the old Goodyears. I got 5-6 /32's currently. Anybody know if the is enough to get on the track. If anybody knows a source that actually have 265/40R 19 in stock I would be appreciative. Seems like the PZero are a similar wear as Goodyear but unknown handling characteristics.

P zeros are ok. The Bridgestone S04 pole position do pretty well too.

Tire rack will have the PSS on Jan 21.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireResultsServlet?tab=ALL&width=265%2F&ratio=40&diameter=19&zipCode=#0

Edited by b17drvr

P zeros are ok. The Bridgestone S04 pole position do pretty well too.

Tire rack will have the PSS on Jan 21.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireResultsServlet?tab=ALL&width=265%2F&ratio=40&diameter=19&zipCode=#0

I just checked today and the 1/21 shipment is sold out. Let me rephrase that they tell me I can have 1 of the two I need. Supposedly the next available after the Feb 10 order is mid March.Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will cancel their older.

Hans,

The 2016 Bash takes place in Las Vegas this year.

There will be a Pacific Coast Region cruise from SoCal on Thursday. Watch for details on timing and meeting places to be posted shortly.

Registration for the event is slated to be posted on this Forum within a week. Keep your eyes pealed

Michael

Thanks Michael,

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Here is my quandary. I am going to the Bash and was gonna do the track event this time. I figured a good time to replace the Goodyears with Pilot Super Sports. From every source I can find the fronts are back ordered indefinetly. Earliest possible arrival early March. I may have to run on the old Goodyears. I got 5-6 /32's currently. Anybody know if the is enough to get on the track. If anybody knows a source that actually have 265/40R 19 in stock I would be appreciative. Seems like the PZero are a similar wear as Goodyear but unknown handling characteristics.

Try Onlinetires.com , they are located in La Mirada, CA. I need fronts too. Was going to give them a call on Monday to see if they have them. Nothing on line about backorders with them.

If I can't get a set of fronts, I guess I will throw another set of goodyears on for the bash. Once they heat up they are pretty good for the track.

I believe the minimum tread depth is 5/32 for the track.

Try Onlinetires.com , they are located in La Mirada, CA. I need fronts too. Was going to give them a call on Monday to see if they have them. Nothing on line about backorders with them.

If I can't get a set of fronts, I guess I will throw another set of goodyears on for the bash. Once they heat up they are pretty good for the track.

I believe the minimum tread depth is 5/32 for the track.

I called Onlinetires.com. Same situation. Being the rears are plentiful and the 265/40/19 are so scarce the 265's must have a much broader application range. Its very frustrating as I took vacation for this and didn't do track day last year. This might be the last year the Bash is so accessible for me. In a year or two will be moving back to Washington state. I suspect it will all work out. It is funny I have been waiting a year and half to have a good reason to replace the Goodyears. I hear so many good comments by Shelby about MPSS.

I have the MPSS on both my GT350 and my ZR1, nothing is as good.

I agree with you on the MPSS, but with them being so hard to get sometimes its frustrating.

C402,

If you decide to go with something else, make sure the fronts are in the load range for our cars.

To low of a range and the sidewalls are softer, We have a lot of weight on the front of our cars.

Not saying you can't, but I won't put any tire on my car that is not in the proper load range.

I always have been a firm believer in this.

I agree with you on the MPSS, but with them being so hard to get sometimes its frustrating.

C402,

If you decide to go with something else, make sure the fronts are in the load range for our cars.

To low of a range and the sidewalls are softer, We have a lot of weight on the front of our cars.

Not saying you can't, but I won't put any tire on my car that is not in the proper load range.

I always have been a firm believer in this.

Good idea I'll have to compare. Should be easy enough