TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Door panel insert replacement

rsfdiver

Looking for a door panel insert option. I looked for carbon fiber, N/A. SVE has a plastic version but doesn't fit right. My interior guy wants $185 per door to replace with similar material and install.

I know I am not the only one with this problem and if you have a 2005 to 2007 mustang yours will come off too. So what to do? Why no carbon fiber or better inserts?

Help would be appreciatedpost-18646-0-30394200-1451330063_thumb.jpg

no, you're definitely not the first. google it and read all the results. there are a few aftermarket options but nothing too great, or easy, in my opinion. i took mine off and glued them with automotive goop but its not perfect. i'll probably have mine upholstered at some point in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Carefully tape off the door plastic, the use quality 3M or Permatex spray adhesive on both the vinyl and door backing parts, then carefully roll it up and back in place once both pieces have set to "tacky". This worked nicely for me, no problems after 2 years and they look good as new. Use a plastic upholstery wedge or even a plastic spoon to tuck in the edges.

Just make sure to mask the car well, I used blankets and old sheets to help.

Edited by NorthSnake