TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought a car today and I wasn't even shopping for a new Shelby

springer

A couple months ago, while at my local Ford dealer shopping for a preowned car for my grandson, the manager at my local Ford dealer - who I know well - offered me a 2016 GT350 at retail cost. After some discussion, I passed on the offer, thanked him, but insisted that if I purchased a new GT350, that I wanted the 2015 model. He said the 2015 model was not available due to the limited production. (I have since found out that only 137 units are being built in 2015.)

Today, while out doing some fall yard-work, a Ford salesman I know who had previously worked at that dealership and has since relocated to another dealership, called and asked me if I was interested in purchasing a 2015 GT350 at retail sticker price - which was close to $58,000. The car is white, with the blue stripe option and an electronics package. I told him that I would think about it and get back with him later in the day.

Making a long story short, I drove to the dealership a couple hours later and consummated the deal. The car arrives Nov 15 and I'm pretty stoked about it. I would have preferred an automatic, but it is what it is.

While there, I test-drove a new, 2016 with a 6-speed, and took it out for one voracious test drive. Ford did their homework with the new GTs and it was a blast to drive. I can't wait to feel the difference between the stock GT and GT350.

This will be my fourth Shelby, two vintage GT350s in the past, and now two of the late model editions.

It was a good day to answer the phone!!!

Edited by springer

That's a good story was just wondering if you could share the vin # . It would be on the dealer bill of sale. Thanks ...you seem to have got the sale of the year. Congrats.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I never got into the details with the salesman about whether the car was sold previously. I know it was ordered 5/13/15, with production completed on 7/29/15.

What specific information would the poster want with the VIN and I will check.

I found a VIN document on the GT350 forum listing all the VINs for the 2015 Shelbys and I see my VIN is on the list.

Here is the link for the complete VIN listing document:

http://fordshelbygt350.com/topic/1596-2015-shelby-gt350-vin-list-of-options-90100-45-900a-w60t-45-900a-w67t/

Edited by springer

I can't see any difference between 2015 and 2016 its the same car. SAI would have done 50th Annv. GT350's but Ford is not so really no difference except they made less in 2015

Post your pictures on your great find. The link when you click it doesn't work. Don't need the vin just wanted to see what the difference was between the two years. It appears it's the F for 15 and G for 16 .

Congrats . I hope you realize that a 2015 has been unavailable for quite some time.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Post your pictures on your great find. The link you gave on the vins doesn't work. Don't need it just wanted to see what the difference was between the two years. It appears it's the F for 15 and G for 16 .

Congrats .

The link works...you have to copy the complete link and paste it in your browser. Regarding the VINs, the 2015s do have the "F" in the VIN designating the model as a 2015 and the 2016 models should have a "G" character.

Most people can't even get a 2016 @ MSRP let alone a 2015. He needs to buy a lottery ticket ASAP.

I'd be thinking of looking out for lightening and metors :)

Great example of simply being in the right place at the right time. Enjoy it and please drive it. I suspect most of the 2015s will somehow be locked up and treated as investments because of their low production numbers. That isn't likely so just enjoy it.

Holly Sh!t Pearson! Nice score! Is this in addition to the SGT or is it replacing?

Hello Jason. I haven't made a decision on the GT/SC yet.

In response to the other gentleman, as far as the VIN goes, it isn't going to be placed on a public forum - at least not by me.

Edited by springer

You find what hard to believe?

Go read my post one more time. I'm not dissing you I believe you. You are one lucky owner . 50 track cars and 50 tech cars. Have yo seen what these are going for ? I haven't heard of one being sold for MSRP , none. Edited by mach 1 1970

Wow, just wow! Was it a small town dealer, or just one you know really well, or both?

I just can't really make connections where I live, and I buy a lot of Fords. But no one down here will deal squarely it seems.

Congrats! If I got a 15, that's how I'd want it! Well, maybe an R on the end, but for that price, Id make an exception!