TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Wrist Watch Collectors Out There?

I have a Breitling, Tag, Seiko ( of course), no Rolex...but my favorite is my Hamilton. Very interesting parallel to cars. I think the Ferrari, and other exotics are great, but wouldn't want own one...too pretentious. I have a Yukon that is as dependable as my Seiko. My 07 Shelby is like my Breitling... Probably not appreciated for what it is unless you know what you are looking at. And my dream is to get a 67 Shelby... Like my Hamilton, it's just classic.

Knapper, that's a great post!! Thanks bud. :thumbsup:

:hysterical:

How many of you guys have automatic winders? I was thinking of getting one, but with so many autos, which ones do you put in it for the long haul? :shrug:

The damn things are spendy too! I can't see buying several of them. :doh:

I have the one from Brookstone, it works great!!! Not that expensive either. I bought the one that fits 4 watches.

I am also a collector. I used to wear them all on a rotating basis, but the Apple Watch has stepped in for daily duty. I got the bug from my dad, who gave me my first Rolex, and it's grown from there. I have the Tag Gulf watch, the Shelby limited from a few years ago, a cool meteorite Omega, many Brietling and Rolex.

I collect guitars and guns too, with guns being my largest collection.

My newest gun is the AF2011 Prismatic Dueller. If it's good enough for a Bond villain....

Wow Sean! That was AWESOME!! Where did you find that?!

Holy cow......I will watch that on the big screen later in surround sound. The iPad didn't do it any justice, I'm sure.

Thanks again for posting!

:rockon:

I remember getting an Email about it (from Shelby maybe) a while back.

Not getting a watch that connects to my phone until watches can actually be a phone then I'll get rid of the phone :hysterical:

Any of you guys own or considering an Apple Watch?

I just can't see myself wearing one of those things. Again, for me, they're hoolery.....not a time piece.

Brings up another thought......what about a FitBit, or the like?

:lurk:

I got one for Fathers Day. Love it!

Guess there will be a lot of bidders for this:

http://shelby.com/?topic=csf

That 1 of 1 Baume and Mercier Shelby Capeland Watch you posted the link to is going to go for some serious coin. It is a very generous gesture from Baume & Mercier that all proceeds from the sale of that particular watch will go to the Shelby Foundation.

Would be nicer if they sold a limited run of a few hundred and sent a portion of the proceeds to the Foundation. Us collectors would like to have a chance to get one that is not limited to a single auction piece.

They already are doing that with 2 other B&M limited edition Shelby Capeland Chronographs. See my post #11 within this thread.

Edited by mhr1961

I have seen the David Yurman Shelby 1000 watch at the David Yurman store in Caesars Forums Shops a few months back. I believe it was @ $5000 It is a limited edition. Super nice piece

Spent the weekend in NYC. They're building a new Invicta store in the heart of Times Square. Looks like it will be in the lobby area (or at least inside the same building) as the Marriott Marquis hotel.

The family is all coming east this Xmas so we can spend it in the city. Hope like heck it's up and running when we all get there.

I need another watch like I need a root canal!!! :hysterical:

:doh:

Edited by BIKEBOY