TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Wrist Watch Collectors Out There?

Let me know how you make out , also wondering how thick are these watches as I really don`t like a thick heavy watch.

The Shelby Capeland is round and is 44mm in diameter, thickness is 14.9. I don't have a large wrist and typically prefer 37 to 42 mm watches. The Shelby Capeland is rounded around the diameter so it doesn't look overly large. I am glad they didn't make it any larger because I wont buy anything 45mm and larger because that is not a watch, that is a clock.

I've had a watch fetish myself over the years.

I've seen the B&M up close, and it really is a handsome timepiece.

As a young lad growing up in western Canada, beside the obvious (ice hockey), when I watched sports, it was F1 or downhill skiing, and the "Official Timing" was Tag Heuer. That always stuck with me, and when I was in my early 30's and could afford a special timepiece, I bought a Tag Professional 2000 (at Costco of all places) for the princely sum of $445.00

It was my daily beater for year, and now my son has it.

Since then, I've acquired a few others. (in no particular order, here they are)

Heuer Carrera (re-edition, manual wind)

Heuer Monza (re-edition, manual wind)

Tag Kirium Titanium (bought by Mmcguirk for his sons grad)

Tag Link (Tiger Woods edition)

Tag Carrera calibre 16

Tag Monaco (Gulf Oil edition, rare and sought after, and tied for my favorite)

The other one that's tied for my fav, is my 1967 vintage Breitling Navitimer

I'd like to get a Rolex Daytona, st.st. white face...as well as the new Baume & Mercier (but I'm resisting both)

The Tag effect has rolled over into both wife and daughter as well...

The problem is that at this later time in my life I can afford the special watches of choice, but I can't read the dials! I have no clue as to the date, chronograph markers and dials, etc. But my wrist always looks better.

:hysterical:

WTH....I dont wear 'em for the time nor the date.....hell I don't even bother setting the day/date on ANY of them!

They're just whoolery! :cool:

I have a Zodiac Chronograph 4655 702 which was presented to me decades ago upon Army Special Forces qualification... I was told that the workings are the same as the early Rolex's. I never wear it much... too big and shiny!!

Just an FYI B&M is known to go for 50% off, do not pay MSRP for that watch. They are good watches, but should be in the $2K price range. Just my 2 cents.

Yup,

Most retailers will go 30% off just with a little negotiating.

I've got a guy I've been working with for well over a decade. Jason @ Simpsons Jewelers in Brooklyn. 40% any watch automatically (except Rolex) , then sends it UPS RED (overnight), and because I'm out of state, no sales tax...

Tip:

The best place to keep all the self winding watches is in a box in the trunk of your Shelby. Then you will have to use your Shelby as a daily driver to keep the wrist wear fully wound. Be sure to take some winding back roads instead of the highway on your way home from work. :cool:

Here's a shot of my super rare, 1970 Heuer Monaco, a classic chronograph, which is the same watch worn by Steve McQueen in LeMans. Also included is a photo with some of the vintage Rolex GMT-MASTERs in my collection.

Very cool man! I LOVE the Pepsi bezels! :rockon:

Tip:

The best place to keep all the self winding watches is in a box in the trunk of your Shelby. Then you will have to use your Shelby as a daily driver to keep the wrist wear fully wound. Be sure to take some winding back roads instead of the highway on your way home from work. :cool:

:hysterical:

How many of you guys have automatic winders? I was thinking of getting one, but with so many autos, which ones do you put in it for the long haul? :shrug:

The damn things are spendy too! I can't see buying several of them. :doh:

I find myself watching the Invicta Watch sales on TV and have purchased several, yes I have the 8 slot free dive case. I really like the styles and price points. gg

I have 3 Invictas and really like them IMO they are some of the best looking watches out there and for a reasonable price...I use one of my Invictas boating and have had it in salt water

quite a bit with no issues...I also have a Burgmeister that I really like........the two watches that mean the most to me are my now long passed away both Grandfathers watches.

I have a Breitling, Tag, Seiko ( of course), no Rolex...but my favorite is my Hamilton. Very interesting parallel to cars. I think the Ferrari, and other exotics are great, but wouldn't want own one...too pretentious. I have a Yukon that is as dependable as my Seiko. My 07 Shelby is like my Breitling... Probably not appreciated for what it is unless you know what you are looking at. And my dream is to get a 67 Shelby... Like my Hamilton, it's just classic.