TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Toy!

2007_Shelby_GT

Probably take her down to Daytona next month - display only - I'm scheduled to be there anyway as part of the pit crew for a buddy of mine's 65' GT350.

Got several items that need to be taken care of before we can race - different seat and harnesses, Hans device, etc., not to mention that the engine still needs to be broken-in, she's only got 50 miles or so on her! Because she wasn't driven very much, there's some small mechanical issues we need to straighten out - at the moment, we're chasing a transmission issue!

She certainly looks, drives, and sounds great!

Sam

Oh Jim, you know that I'll let you - as soon as we get her sorted out!

GT - The Smokey Mountains will never be the same if we can get her up there!

A word of caution for those that purchase off of eBay, in case you didn't already know: Caveat Emptor - "Let the buyer beware!" While this car was a lot more than we expected - essentially all new/rebuilt - we discovered some very glaring oversights that, had we not been vigilant and babying the car, could have resulted in major damage! Suffice to say, we may have dodged a bullet! We are currently chasing a rpm based vibration - will hopefully look at the usual suspects, (engine/flywheel/clutch), and get this baby on the road to a decent break-in!

Sam