TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recommendations for the 2016 Shelby Bash

CSL-Tracey

Well OK, just that in most of the road tours and rallies I have done, anything over about 40 cars gets disorganized and crowded. I guess I will see how you all do it, but must be a big venue for the meetings to have a parking lot/garage big enough for 125 cars.

Mike,

On the way to Las Vegas if things get disorganized we have lots of help getting things back together:

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab146/john92024/Shelby%20Bash%202010/ShelbyBash2010097.jpg

John

Oh man, so the cops get involved? It must be a huge group of cars then. But, if they are herding it all, it does make me feel better all the boy racers are not going to drive like maniacs at 30-40mph over the speed limit and cause some bad accidents like could happen with this group.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Mike,

On the way to Las Vegas if things get disorganized we have lots of help getting things back together:

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab146/john92024/Shelby%20Bash%202010/ShelbyBash2010097.jpg

John

I remember that when the whole group got pulled over. Female cop eyes got real big when she saw the rest of the pack coming up I-15. She thought it was just a hand full of cars which she had pulled over. Had the whole group move to the rest area parking lot. This was after several motorist called about cars cutting in and out of traffic causing a hazard. It was a mess in my opinion. I think Amy was even cut off. Ms Amy B. was pissed which she should have been. By the way, some nice pictures. It was fun re-visiting.

Edited by H0050

Oh man, so the cops get involved? It must be a huge group of cars then. But, if they are herding it all, it does make me feel better all the boy racers are not going to drive like maniacs at 30-40mph over the speed limit and cause some bad accidents like could happen with this group.

There were no hijinks in our group, but you can appreciate what a 100 cars does to the highway and the regular civilains that want to get to LV as fast as possible. They were the ones slicong and dicing through traffic...

The past 4-5 Bash cruise groups have been on back roads through the desert, (not on I-15) and lead (pace car) by yours truly, and all have gone smoothly and without a hitch.

The time we all got pulled over was the largest group ever. The part the cops didn;t like the most may have been the light bar on top of Kellers KR....lol

First off, I'd like to thank and compliment Michael and Tom and that group for the time and effort they put into the pre-bash festivities and the run from the so-cal area. Granted, the trip across L.A. to get to I-15 is always an adventure but if it must be, then so be it.

We like the South Pointe because it's so easy to get in an out of and the protected garage floor is a nice touch. But we found the strip hotel to be fine as well, just a little harder to maneuver. As long as it's not the Aliante!!!

The year that we did the poker run in the Valley of Fire was an awesome trip; nice drive and great views. Something like that would be fun again.

We agree that having get togethers in the host hotel saves having to drive afterwards.

Hi Mike

The glass is really half full..... SAI and TS PCR have been running large scale driving events for almost a decade now without incident.

We actually notify the CHP or local law enforcement of our route and number of cars involved.

We learned from the 85th Bash that the Shelby Run must be orderly and law abiding. At our pre run driver's meetings, very specific instructions for travelling in large groups of cars are given multiple times. Exhibition of speed is forbidden and the penalty for violation (besides johnny law) is expulsion from the event.

You can't please everyone, but by and large, we have a good time and come back to the events year in year out.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Mike

The glass is really half full..... SAI and TS PCR have been running large scale driving events for almost a decade now without incident.

We actually notify the CHP or local law enforcement of our route and number of cars involved.

We learned from the 85th Bash that the Shelby Run must be orderly and law abiding. At our pre run driver's meetings, very specific instructions for travelling in large groups of cars are given multiple times. Exhibition of speed is forbidden and the penalty for violation (besides johnny law) is expulsion from the event.

You can't please everyone, but by and large, we have a good time and come back to the events year in year out.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks!

Glad to see you are able to make the trip to Vegas for the Bash. We are still on the fence-I would really like to go back to Shelbyfest in Missouri and they are pretty close together. Definitely would not drive the Vegas trip in March but we have good flights on Allegiant that are pretty reasonable so will check on that. Cold here the last few days-about 0 at night and maybe 15 above in the daytime-not a lot of snow yet anyway.

We attended in 2013. Overall it was a great experience-one thing I really didn't like was that we were not allowed to vote on the cars on the Sunday show. Even though I had the id on for the event I was told that you had to have a car in the show in order to vote. That was a real turnoff since we paid as much as everyone else and could not drive to Vegas feasibly in March from South Dakota.

I am really happy to hear that the pricing will be a la carte this year. I attended most of the SAAC Does Vegas events in the past, and started going to the Bash with the 85th birthday celebration. It was an annual event that we really enjoyed and looked forward to. After attending for a couple years we decided it was just too expensive to have to pay for all of the events, especially when it was pretty much impossible to bring our car from Montana. Early March may still be too early to drive down for the event, but if I can go to the car show and enjoy everybody else's cars, and attend the events I really want to, that will make a huge difference.

Thanks for asking for comments and listening to the attendees wishes!

Glad to see you are able to make the trip to Vegas for the Bash. We are still on the fence-I would really like to go back to Shelbyfest in Missouri and they are pretty close together. Definitely would not drive the Vegas trip in March but we have good flights on Allegiant that are pretty reasonable so will check on that. Cold here the last few days-about 0 at night and maybe 15 above in the daytime-not a lot of snow yet anyway.

WE have been breaking heat records all week with our temps being 85 +, I am not complaining....I was in our pool on Christmas Eve.

WE have been breaking heat records all week with our temps being 85 +, I am not complaining....I was in our pool on Christmas Eve.

Not so here in Vegas. Been right at or below freezing at night for the past week or so (and continuing). My pool water is 46*F. I do use the spa almost every night though.

• 4 weeks later...