TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recommendations for the 2016 Shelby Bash

CSL-Tracey

The get together as Sherri said. I prefer LVMS for the track as it is so much closer (yes I know spring mountain is a better track). Have the car show at the Shelby parking lot and not at the track.

I have no problem with the South Point hotel, and Mandalay is fine too.

And treat the regular people and the watch makers the same. :)

Firstly I think that the South Point hotel is the best for our Bash,great value for money,much more sedate than places like the Mandaly.

Easy and close parkade so overall my #1 choice!

Definitely cars shows at SAI location,a perfect backdrop,cruises,social gatherings where we all come together and meet,dinner banquet,good band like we had on the first night car show at the 50th last year,maybe a BBQ.......etc.

Edited by supersnake junkie

My recco:

Thursday

AM - shelby run from Gardena or Palm Springs

Arrive LV check into hotel

3pm - car show at SAI that rolls into BBQ dinner and live music. Do the car show before cars get trashed at the track.

Friday - track during the day. Leave he evening open for attendees to do small group dinners and show on own

Saturday - track during the day and optional poker run. Evening banquet and auction and car show awards

Sunday - event over and leave LV before the mass traffic starts at check out time.

I have done three or four Bashes and did not participate in 14 due to similar timing of the Mustang 50th and did not participate in 2015 as the event cost for the activity is simply to high versus other events that are similar. Make the the cost a menu that we can choose from all carte style. My two cents.

Mandalay Bay was a great hotel location for access to new Shelby site. Plus good spot (i.e. on the strip with plenty of eating options and amenities) if wife/significant other doesn't want participate in all events.

I really enjoyed the Snake Pit event (car show and drinks/snacks) at Gardena but was less impressed with the heavy traffic freeway drive from there to LV.

Timing/management of the evening events/speakers needs to be sorted out, I would have to say last year was a shambles at best.

Difficult to make too much comment about the track, as I didn't bring my car. However I enjoyed spectating and the various dispalys that were set up (+ the car show), However I

tend to agree with others that the car show should be a separate event (at the Shelby American location)

Enjoyed last years event enough that I will probably drive my car to the next one from Central Texas.

My recco:

Thursday

AM - shelby run from Gardena or Palm Springs

Arrive LV check into hotel

3pm - car show at SAI that rolls into BBQ dinner and live music. Do the car show before cars get trashed at the track.

Friday - track during the day. Leave he evening open for attendees to do small group dinners and show on own

Saturday - track during the day and optional poker run. Evening banquet and auction and car show awards

Sunday - event over and leave LV before the mass traffic starts at check out time.

I have done three or four Bashes and did not participate in 14 due to similar timing of the Mustang 50th and did not participate in 2015 as the event cost for the activity is simply to high versus other events that are similar. Make the the cost a menu that we can choose from all carte style. My two cents.

Why not start the Shelby run go from somewhere else for a change instead of Gardena or Palm Springs.

It is about time there was some different thoughts and mix it up a bit!!!!

Also this suggestion above seems to focus on Track & Track with a very generous optional Poker run!!!

The Bash has got to be balanced. Not all track and leave the rest of the Attendees to sit and twiddle their thumbs while the boy racers rio it up on the track!!!!!

Maybe consider something similar to the 50th pony drives. If there is enough participation from mid west and right coast, a meeting point can be determined and those folks roll from there while the left coast roll from Palm Springs or Gardena. Everyone rolls in and meet at SA. That said, March does pose a problem for many because of weather.

Nascar weekend, hmmm.

Lots of pros and cons for the 15 and 14 bash's. Food was better during the 15 track was great...didn't mined driving to spring mountain. Gift bag was great. Leaving from Gardena 'sounds fun' but since I live 5 miles from it and know LOs angels traffic ....terrible driving experience for people passionate with the drive spirit . The people are always great. 2014 palm spring was nice. We drove like wild..animals beating our chest after a feasting!!!very passionate driving . You know it's a great time when someone's wheels are about to shoot off the axles and cops are grab one of us up for driving spirited ....Fun with a capitol F. Awards looked better ,and carshow was at Shelby american !!! I know it's a lot of hard work putting these bashes together but please consider incorporating the two and you got yourself abash above the rest......your welcome Kenji Bonds aka K beast

Thinking of shipping my car to LA to do the Gardenia drive to Vegas then after the Bash, driving cross country home...

Who said it will go from Gardena(again......yawn!!!!)

Let's start from somewhere else,last year we drove from Phoenix to Palm Springs which was a 4.5 hour drive so I really think that it is time to go from somewhere closer to the Kingman/williams kinda areas and drive some Route 66 kinda drives.

I know none of this will probably happen as it always seems to be what's best for the California boys and everybody else just has to go along with that!!!!! I don't meant to be taking shots at them but that just seems to be the case!!

Edited by supersnake junkie

Who said it will go from Gardena(again......yawn!!!!)

Let's start from somewhere else,last year we drove from Phoenix to Palm Springs which was a 4.5 hour drive so I really think that it is time to go from somewhere closer to the Kingman/williams kinda areas and drive some Route 66 kinda drives.

I know none of this will probably happen as it always seems to be what's best for the California boys and everybody else just has to go along with that!!!!! I don't meant to be taking shots at them but that just seems to be the case!!

Why can't there be two, or even three, different starting points with attendees from different geographic areas meeting up and driving in, all coordinated to arrive at a final destination simultaneously? Some of the new State Directors ought to be a source of assistance in coordinating this.

Anyone considering driving from PA to the Bash?

Z-man

I would prefer to start somewhere besides gardenia also, that gardenia drive last year was so brutal going through LA traffic and fighting traffic on the 15 to Vegas. Since I am on a retirement budget, I would like to see pricing for the event more ala cart. That would enable some of us to pick and choose what we would like to do. Staying at a reasonable cost hotel would be be more desirable too as I don't spend a lot of time in the hotel room anyway.

I would prefer to start somewhere besides gardenia also, that gardenia drive last year was so brutal going through LA traffic and fighting traffic on the 15 to Vegas. Since I am on a retirement budget, I would like to see pricing for the event more ala cart. That would enable some of us to pick and choose what we would like to do. Staying at a reasonable cost hotel would be be more desirable too as I don't spend a lot of time in the hotel room anyway.

not to mention, a reasonably priced lounge for socializing, would help on both accounts!

When I went to the Bash a few years ago, the host hotel was the South Point. Mid week room rates there get as low as $49.00. Friday night and weekend rates are higher, but not crazy.

....and if you hang out around the slot machines long enough, they'll start offering you drinks. :hysterical:

Ive attended the last two bashes. Love the track day experience and also loved the cruising to private collection along with poker run. Last year i passed up those to spend 2 days at the track and would probably do the same if offered this year. I do appreciate and enjoy the history of shelby however i think more focus should go into current/future. Excite us about whats new and up coming, expose us to unique opportunities learning about things not public knowledge or well advertized regarding shelby. Spend some time with employees and what went into the r&d of the new supersnake for example. Share some footage of the Eurobash. Also think there should be opportunity to win bigger prizes like a car or upgrade to a csm with profits going to the foundation. Example if u limit tickets to 200 participants offer up rwffle tickets at 500 a piece and tier the prize... Sales between 1-25 offer up half value in peformance parts so if 10 sold then 2500 in free parts to winner. 25-75 offer up half value in parts plus free attendance to next years bash, custom jacket and maybe free track day opportunity to drive xx shelby. 75-150 tickets now we start getting into the cost to convert a car so prize could be free convert to winner, and 150-200 we get into cost of a car its self so offer up to winner a new shelby gt/supersnake/gt350 of winners choice. I think that would excite a lot of attendees for sure.

South point..hotel really surprised me. $60 was a great price. And I felt comfortable parking my car there also.Food was great during 2015. Track time was amazing. But perfered 2014 spirited driving from Palm springs. The Gardena drive forget about it. I hAve great brakes but hate to use them so much in rush hour traffic. Having the carshow at SAI benifits everyone.

Why can't there be two, or even three, different starting points with attendees from different geographic areas meeting up and driving in, all coordinated to arrive at a final destination simultaneously? Some of the new State Directors ought to be a source of assistance in coordinating this.

Anyone considering driving from PA to the Bash?

Z-man

When I was in Pocono for SAAC 40, I loved that area, first time I had ever been there. I might just drive out there and start there!