TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recommendations for the 2016 Shelby Bash

CSL-Tracey

Are minors welcome? My son would absolutely love this, I'm raising the next generation of Shelby enthusiast/customer. Also is there a limit of 2 people per car or would I be able to take both my wife and son.

This is a great event for a family. There are options in registration to add additional guests.

• 2 weeks later...

You followers of shelbys seem to forget other people in different parts of USA Texas would be great New Mexico also Oklahoma, you'll need to see the others states

2016 Shelby bash what about us followers and Shelby owner in Texas why not here

The Bash is traditionally centered around Shelby's Las Vegas and Los Angeles facilities.

Contact your Team Shelby regional Director about hosting the Team Shelby Nationals in Texas. The Nationals are a roving event, they have been held at Carlisle, Tulsa and Sonoma in past years

Maybe an idea for the 2016 Bash. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/87465-50th-anniversary-of-shelby-gt350h-program/ Maybe HERTZ & Ford would assist and be a sponsor. Looks like SAAC is working with HERTZ. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89424-saac-41-hertz-50th-anniversary-feature-cars/

Edited by H0050

2016 Shelby bash what about us followers and Shelby owner in Texas why not here

You followers of shelbys seem to forget other people in different parts of USA Texas would be great New Mexico also Oklahoma, you'll need to see the others states

HQ is in Las Vegas, hence the BASH location.

Shelby Mid-America meet is a large, well run annual event, and is held in Tulsa which is central for those in that area

Shelby Mid-America meet is a large, well run annual event, and is held in Tulsa which is central for those in that area

It is a good show, but is way more than Shelbys, most ever Ford product you can think of is there, and most are modified, some pretty heavily. The Concours judging is a tiny part of it, maybe a dozen cars or less out of a couple of hundred.

Small potatoes compared to some of the other points, but I liked the circular key chains that would come in the gift bags.Bash #6 and #7 had one, that was the emblem with the event date on it, but I believe #8 did not have one. I have plenty of the aluminum drinking containers and sunglasses, but I liked collecting those key chains for some reason. Of course all the goodies are very nice, including the little tubes of sunscreen and chapstick.

What about an evening cruise down the strip, north to south, culminating at SAI for one of the dinners? All those beautiful automobiles moving together might grab some local attention and help draw a bigger crowd at the car show. Probably would have to be on the day that there is no track for travel time reasons.

I agree that Vegas is the place for the Bash. Really great to see where the Super Snakes are built and one of the cheapest places in the country for value for your money. Usually good airfare rates as well. I would like to see it a little later in the year due to weather being a factor for those for the upper half of the US and Canada being able to drive their cars. Of course, if weather is too bad you can always stop and wait for roads to clear etc but you might miss the whole event or for those that have limited time to travel can't risk the extra days.

I would also like to see the Regional Directors host a get together for people in their own regions to get to know each other and make regional plans for events. I don't like it being the same weekend as NASCAR but the Southpoint is a perfect place as it is not bothered by the traffic and crowds associated with NASCAR. We attended in 2013 at the Southpoint and I loved the hotel and staff was really great.

I agree that Vegas is the place for the Bash. Really great to see where the Super Snakes are built and one of the cheapest places in the country for value for your money. Usually good airfare rates as well. I would like to see it a little later in the year due to weather being a factor for those for the upper half of the US and Canada being able to drive their cars. Of course, if weather is too bad you can always stop and wait for roads to clear etc but you might miss the whole event or for those that have limited time to travel can't risk the extra days.

I would also like to see the Regional Directors host a get together for people in their own regions to get to know each other and make regional plans for events. I don't like it being the same weekend as NASCAR but the Southpoint is a perfect place as it is not bothered by the traffic and crowds associated with NASCAR. We attended in 2013 at the Southpoint and I loved the hotel and staff was really great.

I agree ,Well said ,

South Point is a great hotel. If it is too pricey for some, nothing says you have to stay there. 2015 was our first Bash and we liked pretty much everything about it. EXCEPT: At check-in, the gal didn't really have a clue what she was supposed to do. She didn't know to give us our big car number sticker. I think she was probably stuck with that job on five minutes notice.

Multiple meet-up and depart points is a no-brainer, but should be organized by the regional teams as needed. Publish those times and locations here.

The "Shelby Legends" autograph line was FANTASTIC! Is Dan Gurney interested in attending this year? Would love to meet him too.

I read a lot of negative comments about the Car Show being at the Track. I thought that was pretty nice, as it gave us "Show and Shine" people exposure to the track. That was interesting to me as I knew/know very little about racing. The Car Show award plaque was very nice. (thank you for that)

The events and meals at Shelby American were first-rate. This year I hope we get to hear from those associated with the original GT350 project.

For the Goodie Bag, how about a "Shelby Bash 2016" patch for our Shelby Jacket, or a dash plaque like we used to get at car shows in the 1990's? I do not need any more key chains.

Thank you for the opportunity to give some input. We are looking forward to Shelby Bash 2016. See you there!

Thank you for your input. The Regional Director get togethers is a very good idea and I personally will be looking into that, since I have newly been made the regional director for mountain region(BASH region). This is not the first time the BASH has been NASCAR weekend, it really shouldn't affect us at all unless anyone is planning on going anywhere near LVMS. Most if not all of our events will not be near the NASCAR events. Stay tuned for more information in the coming w

I was previously a Foundation Director for a hospital and had to host lots of events for fundraisers. There are lots of ways to make an event really nice and not spend a lot of money to do so.

Car show AND Chili (available to eat and judged competition) in honor of Carroll. After all, the impetus of the "Bash" originated with the celebration of his 85th birthday!

Car show AND Chili (available to eat and judged competition) in honor of Carroll. After all, the impetus of the "Bash" originated with the celebration of his 85th birthday!

Actually, the Bash moniker was lifted from SAAC who hosted several Shelby Las Vegas Bashes over the years prior to the intro of the S197 based Shelbys.

Also, the Bash was moved from January at Carroll's request, he wanted the Bash to celebrate the participants, not him and his birthday

Actually, the Bash moniker was lifted from SAAC who hosted several Shelby Las Vegas Bashes over the years prior to the intro of the S197 based Shelbys.

I don't recall SAI "lifting" anything from SAAC, those events were always promoted as "SAAC Does Vegas" with a Roman numeral on the end denoting the first, second, third, etc event.

MM, are we talking the same events?

Steve

I don't recall SAI "lifting" anything from SAAC, those events were always promoted as "SAAC Does Vegas" with a Roman numeral on the end denoting the first, second, third, etc event.

MM, are we talking the same events?

Steve

Steve, yes, they were commonly referred to Vegas Bashes on their forums

Got my vacation for the bash! The drive from Gardena this year was a great idea but the traffic was horrid. I liked the Gardena get together so maybe an alternate route to LAS? I didn't think NASCAR weekend was such a big problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Tracy, thanks for asking for input. I have only attended the 2015 Bash. I am ready to go to the 2016 Bash no matter what you decide. I enjoyed it all.

The track was awesome. The Shelby American location was awesome. I can say that after a track day the banquet at the host hotel would have been welcome. As others have said, to have the banquet there means nobody has to worry about drinking and driving. So if one were to get over served, they are safe. Additionally what good is a host hotel if no part of the venue is there? I like South Point, but I would go to what ever hotel you pick as the host, if part of the event will be held there.

At the same time, I so enjoyed hanging out at Shelby American. I was very happy to have had the time there. We were lucky to have been given a personal tour of the shop and I think that many would have liked that and it should be part of the experience.

Speakers that can tell us more of what we can do to or with our cars would be great. Much like what we get right here. Still, I definitely enjoyed the people you had last year.

I did not participate in the run from Gardenia So I have no comment on that.

I know it was covered by someone else; This is generalizing, but there are so many events where the people organizing them assume attendees know where stuff is. They are wrong; please put complete addresses for each location (the kind a GPS understands) in all information. Redundant is OK. I know that while trying to plan the trip, the addresses were not obvious. For some reason I remember having to hunt for the speedway, by googling it then searching their site to find it. I do pretty good googling locations because so many people don't give out proper directions. For all those ready to pounce, forgive me, my company has trucks that we route each and every day. I know this gets overlooked a lot and I am the second one in this thread to remember this as part of last years experience.

All that said, I can't wait. Sign me up!

Tracy, thanks for asking for input. I have only attended the 2015 Bash. I am ready to go to the 2016 Bash no matter what you decide. I enjoyed it all.

The track was awesome. The Shelby American location was awesome. I can say that after a track day the banquet at the host hotel would have been welcome. As others have said, to have the banquet there means nobody has to worry about drinking and driving. So if one were to get over served, they are safe. Additionally what good is a host hotel if no part of the venue is there? I like South Point, but I would go to what ever hotel you pick as the host, if part of the event will be held there.

At the same time, I so enjoyed hanging out at Shelby American. I was very happy to have had the time there. We were lucky to have been given a personal tour of the shop and I think that many would have liked that and it should be part of the experience.

Speakers that can tell us more of what we can do to or with our cars would be great. Much like what we get right here. Still, I definitely enjoyed the people you had last year.

I did not participate in the run from Gardenia So I have no comment on that.

I know it was covered by someone else; This is generalizing, but there are so many events where the people organizing them assume attendees know where stuff is. They are wrong; please put complete addresses for each location (the kind a GPS understands) in all information. Redundant is OK. I know that while trying to plan the trip, the addresses were not obvious. For some reason I remember having to hunt for the speedway, by googling it then searching their site to find it. I do pretty good googling locations because so many people don't give out proper directions. For all those ready to pounce, forgive me, my company has trucks that we route each and every day. I know this gets overlooked a lot and I am the second one in this thread to remember this as part of last years experience.

All that said, I can't wait. Sign me up!

I agree. Being at Sturgis for the Mustang Rally up there. They all "knew" where to go. Being from Florida I did not have a clue and Google was my friend most of the time there...

I agree. Being at Sturgis for the Mustang Rally up there. They all "knew" where to go. Being from Florida I did not have a clue and Google was my friend most of the time there...

Turn by turn directions are standard operating procedure.

The Bash Survival Guide contains GPS addresses and Google route guidance for all event destinations. (it's a good idea to print this before the event)

At the beginning of the Shelby Run and the Poker Run, additional printed maps are available to all participants.

The Bash Survival Guide contains GPS addresses and Google route guidance for all event destinations. (it's a good idea to print this before the event)

At the beginning of the Shelby Run and the Poker Run, additional printed maps are available to all participants.

Every year! Detailed to the point that I was able to meet the conga pack at about mid point.

I will do my best to make sure that there are directions and information for all events in Vegas....I don't want anyone getting lost, including myself, lmao

Thank you Gentlemen,

I am looking forward to our cross country adventure and meeting both of you.