TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Save the Date 2016 Shelby Bash March 3-6th

I like seeing the dates early so people can start to book vacations!

As far as the Bash leaning heavily on the Track Experience,from a personal point of view I feel this is not what the Shelby Bash was all about based on how it seems to have started out!!!

I personally have no desire,even thoughmy car is a convertible with no intention to install a roll bar, want to go tracking!

There are many people who have attended previous Bashes who are not interested in track events but want to celebrate the Bash as an event where all Shelby enthusiasts can cruise together,go to non track events together,have great times meeting likewise members at the social aspect of this event.

Sadly I honestly feel that this event is not about the average Team Shelby member but to an exclusive club of Track Guys!!!

This is not intended to knock or critizize the people who want to track butto say that there are also lots of TS members who do not want to go that route. It should reflect a much more varied set of events for all TS members who want to enjoy and celebrate the Shelby brand.

Why can't the event reflect that content and leave the Tracking experience for different dates and events for those who want to go rip around,heaven knows there are lots of track events during the year as it is,let's have this one for all Team Shelby members not just a percentage of them!!!!!

Last year there was two days of track however there were several other events for cruising car show etc that took place during these events offering that flavor. Whos to say the same isnt planned? I have only been to two events one had track day the other didnt but i had to make a choice between shredding tires or cruising with a group. Also the event starting out with some events and overnight outside of vegas with a cruise in provided that cruising opportinity. Just have to put things in perspective!

I know i already commented on someones post but l understand the cohesiveness of fellow shelby owners, and the desire for some to not want to drive their cars to the potential or own them simply as a status symbol, but lets be frank, shelby was born and bred to race

For those that feel the bash favors those close by as we only have to drive up the road well has shelby ever been located anywhere other than cali/Nevada? Even so there are region groups what stops you from getting together and joining? Understand for some that time of year is crappy for driving but much later in the year and its death valley in vegas.

Also incase you havent noticed shelby's are becoming more and more affordable for the average guy which was its initial intent. I see earlier models now in the 20k range all day which means more and more younger drivers will be in them and many of which will want to drive them at the tracks along with the likes of the new irs shelby gt new supersnake and ford Gt350 all road course weapons. Also have to consider that for longevity of the company they have to appeal to the younger generation who did not grow up with the same exposure of the shelby generation or family but have to take place of the old guys who in the future will no longer be around to support.

So i dont see this bash or future bashes without track events. But i am confident that the track and other cruising events happening simultaneously. 2014 there was several cruising events/poker run and track day was only part of mustang 50th and 2015 there was also several events going on that those who chose the track day missed out on. I forsee a similar set up for the coming event with maybe some more focus on currebt ford performance and racing instead of some of the history of. Either way i am sure all who attend will have an awesome time!!!

Too bad it seems my vintage '68 KR would not be welcome once again, just for the new cars it seems that want to be boy racers on the track?

I would not say that your '68 KR would not be welcome! Believe me, your car will stand out as eye candy and will be very welcomed. The problem is no one wants to drive there vintage cars because of the lack of luxuries in a car on this kind of trip. I, on the other hand, have no choice but to take my '65 (DD). I have been to 2 bashes and enjoyed myself. Both my car and I were treated excellent, equal when compared with everyone else. Since I have a tribute GT350, I even considered my self as the red-headed stepchild of TS, but still was treated very well. One day I hope to track my car, but until then, I will continue to enjoy the bashes (when I can go) like they are. My experiences with the bashes, there were a few drives to use my car with, as well as watching others beat up there own cars on the track! LOL You might even get a ride along, and maybe build a trust worthy friendship that might end up with a set of keys in your hand to drive on the track. I enjoyed the food, the weather, the people, the entertainment, and the staff from Shelby. It is a wonderful event that every Shelby enthusiast should experience at least once! So, in closing, I think your '68 would be a better choice, but I guess I am biased. I would love to see more vintage mingling with the new!

I would not say that your '68 KR would not be welcome! Believe me, your car will stand out as eye candy and will be very welcomed. The problem is no one wants to drive there vintage cars because of the lack of luxuries in a car on this kind of trip. I, on the other hand, have no choice but to take my '65 (DD). I have been to 2 bashes and enjoyed myself. Both my car and I were treated excellent, equal when compared with everyone else. Since I have a tribute GT350, I even considered my self as the red-headed stepchild of TS, but still was treated very well. One day I hope to track my car, but until then, I will continue to enjoy the bashes (when I can go) like they are. My experiences with the bashes, there were a few drives to use my car with, as well as watching others beat up there own cars on the track! LOL You might even get a ride along, and maybe build a trust worthy friendship that might end up with a set of keys in your hand to drive on the track. I enjoyed the food, the weather, the people, the entertainment, and the staff from Shelby. It is a wonderful event that every Shelby enthusiast should experience at least once! So, in closing, I think your '68 would be a better choice, but I guess I am biased. I would love to see more vintage mingling with the new!

Thanks, I would definitely trailer it, 2000+ miles is just too far, and yes it has no A/C, cup holders, or cruise control, and the wipers and tires are original types so you can understand how bad that would be in rain or snow. But I do love to cruise it and of course show it off, it is a Gold Concours winner at the Mid-America Team Shelby Nationals this year. But I have to think about that option vs. driving my 2013 GT350 'vert and all the fun it would be, so good I have some time to consider.

Thanks, I would definitely trailer it, 2000+ miles is just too far, and yes it has no A/C, cup holders, or cruise control, and the wipers and tires are original types so you can understand how bad that would be in rain or snow. But I do love to cruise it and of course show it off, it is a Gold Concours winner at the Mid-America Team Shelby Nationals this year. But I have to think about that option vs. driving my 2013 GT350 'vert and all the fun it would be, so good I have some time to consider.

What ever choice you make, I hope you have a blast if you go!

What hotel is the host hotel?

What hotel has it been in the past?

In the past, we have used the Wynn, the Aliante, South Point and Mandalay Bay.

The hotel will be announced once it's decided(based on cost and availability.

I like seeing the dates early so people can start to book vacations!

As far as the Bash leaning heavily on the Track Experience,from a personal point of view I feel this is not what the Shelby Bash was all about based on how it seems to have started out!!!

I personally have no desire,even thoughmy car is a convertible with no intention to install a roll bar, want to go tracking!

There are many people who have attended previous Bashes who are not interested in track events but want to celebrate the Bash as an event where all Shelby enthusiasts can cruise together,go to non track events together,have great times meeting likewise members at the social aspect of this event.

Sadly I honestly feel that this event is not about the average Team Shelby member but to an exclusive club of Track Guys!!!

This is not intended to knock or critizize the people who want to track butto say that there are also lots of TS members who do not want to go that route. It should reflect a much more varied set of events for all TS members who want to enjoy and celebrate the Shelby brand.

Why can't the event reflect that content and leave the Tracking experience for different dates and events for those who want to go rip around,heaven knows there are lots of track events during the year as it is,let's have this one for all Team Shelby members not just a percentage of them!!!!!

Carroll would roll over if there was not a track component.

Here is a well known statistic - 80% of Bash participants track their cars(and also socialize with anyone who happens to stop by between run groups). We have a aTeam Shelby RV/club house in the paddock, stocked with drinks and snacks for those who stop by.

Here is a novell idea.....why don't some of the non-track participants help out and volunteer to arrange activities for the Bash? In years past, the Poker Run, Shelby Run, Car Show planning has fallen on the same small group of volunteers.

Please help out by supplying Tracey and Tom with detailed ideas. For example, if you plan a cruise, present turn by turn directions, detailed agenda with any related costs, etc.

Your help would be welcomed and appreciated!

What's the problem....put a trailer hitch on the 2013 and bring them both!!!! :hysterical:

Edited by Z-man

What's the problem....put a trailer hitch on the 2013 and bring them both!!!! :hysterical:

Ha! I'm sure I would be thrown out of TS if I showed up with a trailer hitch on a GT350! But…….maybe……it does have the torque and HP and those 345X20s on the rear are big enough, but that 400 lb. tongue weight might really put the rear valance on the ground……. :)

All Shelby's & mustangs, all years are welcome. I remember cruising my 2006 GT-H behind a 1966 GT350H from Gardena for part of the cruise to Vegas back in 2009. It was very cool and got numerous thumbs ups. They usually become the center pieces @ the car show and some nice eye candy aside from the new stuff. However, I understand the driving challenges and trailing them to the Bash makes more sense to me and then enjoy at the venue.

Ha! I'm sure I would be thrown out of TS if I showed up with a trailer hitch on a GT350! But…….maybe……it does have the torque and HP and those 345X20s on the rear are big enough, but that 400 lb. tongue weight might really put the rear valance on the ground……. :)

airbags......

Carroll would roll over if there was not a track component.

Here is a well known statistic - 80% of Bash participants track their cars(and also socialize with anyone who happens to stop by between run groups). We have a aTeam Shelby RV/club house in the paddock, stocked with drinks and snacks for those who stop by.

Here is a novell idea.....why don't some of the non-track participants help out and volunteer to arrange activities for the Bash? In years past, the Poker Run, Shelby Run, Car Show planning has fallen on the same small group of volunteers.

Please help out by supplying Tracey and Tom with detailed ideas. For example, if you plan a cruise, present turn by turn directions, detailed agenda with any related costs, etc.

Your help would be welcomed and appreciated!

Let's get something straight,I didn't mean that there shouldn't be any track,only not all track!!!!

I realize that many want to,especially like you Michael,I think that 2 track cars give away your focus,no offence intended!!!!

There are many people who may want to come to a Bash but don't particularly want to participate in track related events. This is one of the reasons Tracey asked to ideas and suggestions for the upcoming Bash!

For people to volunteer for non track events when they are not sure what might be entertained is kinda hard!

I certainly have no problem helping or organizing some non track events,t I certainly would help put something together once there is some idea of what's on the agenda!

Whilst I realize that Carroll spent his early years racing and developing performance related products,the majority of Shelby cars are owned and driven by people who only use them on the road,not the track!

Edited by supersnake junkie

Let's get something straight,I didn't mean that there shouldn't be any track,only not all track!!!!

I realize that many want to,especially like you Michael,I think that 2 track cars give away your focus,no offence intended!!!!

There are many people who may want to come to a Bash but don't particularly want to participate in track related events. This is one of the reasons Tracey asked to ideas and suggestions for the upcoming Bash!

For people to volunteer for non track events when they are not sure what might be entertained is kinda hard!

I certainly have no problem helping or organizing some non track events,I did but I certainly would help put something together once there is some idea of what's on the agenda!

Whilst I realize that Carroll spent his early years racing and developing performance related products,the majority of Shelby cars are owned and driven by people who only use them on the road,not the track!

+1, I think the issue is having many things for many people, and it looks good they are going that way and fully understand the diverse TS crowd, in spite of CS's early history of racing only (I'm sure that by 1965 he had figured out few of his cars would ever be raced). I am just thinking about SAAC 40 in Pocono a couple of months ago. If the organizers had not put the main banquet in the Ballroom that also housed all the incredibly historic race cars and incredibly restored vintage '60s Shelbys, very few would have taken the trouble to see them as the track and the boy racing component was the primary focus.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Mike and Paul

Let me rephrase my post in more simplistic terms and without any bias(which is the purpose of this thread) -

We have organized the Pre-Bash party, Shelby Run, the banquet, the Car Show and the Poker Run as non-track components in the past. The majority of the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and these components will probably continue.

What we are looking for is suggestions for any additional events that non-track attendees would like to participate in.

In the past, we have visited car collections, done a run to Hoover Dam, taken a cruise up to Mount Charleston, etc. If these or anything similar are of interest to you and you or anybody else would like to help organize, please contact Tom, Tracey of myself.

Thanks for your response Michael (I knew you would!!! Lol!)

I totally hear your comments and intent,and as Tracey's thread about suggestions and ideas from TS members was just what was intended as well and there was plenty of suggestions for all bodies involved in organizing for next year.

Many of us here did respond on that subject just recently with ideas etc so I'm not quite sure what you mean when they have been given but you are still asking for input and ideas!!!

I know that there have been many non track events in all shapes and forms but to say there was overwhelming support from attendees was recieved,that being said the majority of people who responded went solely for tracking!

Last years Bash was the best example of what I mean........ Basically the whole Bash was centred around the track,including the wrap up car show!

Let's be honest,last years Bash was the one with the poorest attendance ever so there are lessons be be learnt and listened to!

My comments are in no way a critizize the hard work by you and many people who spend countless hours helping to organize this and many other events,but to help you understand the many people who feel the same way but do not want to voice their thoughts publicly!

I have talked and heard many members comment about this on here and personally about this subject so being of British birth I always say what is on my mind!!!!

Again there is no offence intended to anybody and I really hope that we have a great upcoming Bash getting together with many old and soon to be new friends!!!!!!

Edited by supersnake junkie

Mike and Paul

Let me rephrase my post in more simplistic terms and without any bias(which is the purpose of this thread) -

We have organized the Pre-Bash party, Shelby Run, the banquet, the Car Show and the Poker Run as non-track components in the past. The majority of the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and these components will probably continue.

What we are looking for is suggestions for any additional events that non-track attendees would like to participate in.

In the past, we have visited car collections, done a run to Hoover Dam, taken a cruise up to Mount Charleston, etc. If these or anything similar are of interest to you and you or anybody else would like to help organize, please contact Tom, Tracey of myself.

I don't know the area well enough to offer too many specific suggestions for actual destinations, but if you guys need help organizing/coordinating other cruise events, tours, etc -- I'm more than happy to volunteer!

I forgot to mention in my other post -- the private collection tour a couple years ago was also a big hit. I just don't personally know of others in the area who would be willing to let us in.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a pinball museum on W. Tropicana. They have a large parking lot. They have a few hundred working vintage pinball machines inside. The owner runs this as a nonprofit and the proceeds go to local charity. http://www.pinballhall.org There web site is a little dated, but it gives you a good idea of what they have going on there.The owner has been on Ricks Restorations. This might make a good stop for a poker run. This side of town there is also the scenic drive up W. Lake Mead out to the Lake Mead National Recreational Area. Head North and you can enter the east end of the Valley of Fire State Park. Now there is admission threw both area's, but it is a beautiful drive with quite a few scenic spots. Depending on how many miles every one is looking to drive, Charleston is not to far beyond. The North Cannery or better yet the Aliante casino are great stopping points. SA deals with Team Ford which is between either casino and Mt. Charleston. They may participate as a stop, or not. Another cool spot is the Neon sign graveyard in downtown Vegas. You have to schedule tours and there is an admission price. We would have to schedule a group tour. The tour is an hour out in the boneyard. Parking is also limited. If the crowd is large, we would have to talk with them about parking in the Cashman Center parking lot next door. Now the Neighborhood is bad so if Parking had to be at Cashman due to the size of the group we would want a few people hanging out in the parking lot to keep an Eye on the cars. Now if there is anyone into guns, there is a great spot off Blue Diamond half way between Vegas and Spring Mountain race track. It is called Lovell Canyon. It is a paved road up into a National Forestry Valley on the backside of Mt Charleston. It is paved for about 8 mile back and there is a small range that is very popular about 3/4 the way in. It is very secluded and scenic. It can be a lot more fun with 4x4 as there are several off road trails off Lovell Canyon Rd. One goes over Charleston and ends up inside Red Rocks Park http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Rocky_Gap_Road (Best way to avoid admission) The other comes out right up the street from Spring Mountain, But again these are Jeep trails, not meant for cars. But Lovell Canyon Rd is paved and very scenic, FREE, and has a great, legal spot for plinking.

• 4 weeks later...

I have really enjoyed the two Bashes that I have attended. I have driven in from the Northwest and hope to make it this year.

The reason I didn't attend last year is that the Bash seemed overwhelmed by the Mustang Anniversary. I like the balance of track and social experiences that the Bash has.

On the subject of track days, the reason I come is for the two track days. If it were cut to one, I would not make the trip.

Being from Wisconsin.(meaning we are only familiar with the areas we have been to while there for Bash Events).... We have ALWAYS enjoyed our TIme with our Team Shelby Friends.. in and around these BASH Activities. We are willing to help in any WAY we can..

.......Just ask. :)

Edited by Shelby65_mustang

• 2 weeks later...