TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Rules to live by

svttim

Although not meant to be all inclusive, the following guidlines should keep everyone, users and admins on the same page.

1.Observe the golden rule!

2.If you have nothing good to say, say nothing. You dont like a car someone posts, skip that post. Dont like the motor, skip that post. Silence is golden at times.

3.No posting links to other competitive forums

4.Unless you are an authorized sponsor, you cannot advertise here. We appreciate people who work hard to make a living but, we also have people who pay Team Shelby to sponsor us. Those payments go back to our members in the way of events. Members are allowed to advertise personal items for sale.

5.No bashing Shelby or Ford Motor Company. This does not mean you cannot criticize, that can be done in a tasteful and constructive manner. If the issue is personal, (IE, you didnt receive a part, ect.) take it to the person who can help you. If they dont respond, take it to a higher level. Dont post it here!

6.NO CUSSING, NO NUDITY of Demeaning pictures, male or female. We are a family site. If you wouldnt have said it or showed it to your mother, dont post it here.

7.No political or religious discussions. We are not trying to curb your right to free speech however, we have found by experience, these threads go sideways quickly.

8.No disrespecting others. This includes the staff at Shelby international, Shelby American or fellow users of this forum. People are here to enjoy themselves not to be stressed out over their automotive passion.

9.NO SPAM. Yes, as hard as we try, it will happen. If you see it, report it.

Carroll loved the fact that Team Shelby was a place enthusiasts could come to talk cars or sometimes, life in general. He wanted for each of you to enjoy your time here and the passion for the brand he built. Its our goal to keep the passion going, dont let others forget and teach those who come after us what it means to be a Shelby owner and fan. Lets all keep it positive.

Team Shelby Directors

Feel free to contact your director or myself fo questions

I would call these "Team Shelby Guiding Principles" Why not send it with membership packets & swag on a TS letter head welcoming the new member and or renewal member. Ya it most likely would get thrown away but it does add to reinforce and serve as a reminder. An electronic version can be posted for non-members, site visitors and members/admin for reference when needed. That said, good guiding principles I think we all can live by.

What about something like; "Don't ask for opinions if you're going to take personally the responses you get. Always remember everyone has an opinion pro/con and beauty is in the eye of the owner". Through the years I've just seen a lot off threads that have gone south, for example, after an owner posts pictures and asks "I did X to my car what do you guys think?" and hilarity ensues! ;-) Just a thought!

6.NO CUSSING, NO NUDITY of Demeaning pictures, male or female. We are a family site. If you wouldnt have said it or showed it to your mother, dont post it here.

Well, there goes my planned thread on 'How to choose the perfect speedo for the husky middle aged Shelby enthusiast'

Is another Mustng discussion site considered a competitive site? :shrug: eg.. Mustang6G. (..i dont mean Saleen or Roush)

M

If the intent is to recruit members for that site, yes. Other purposes will be considered on a case by case.

A couple examples allowed would be the posting of links for event registration or technical information.

What about something like; "Don't ask for opinions if you're going to take personally the responses you get. Always remember everyone has an opinion pro/con and beauty is in the eye of the owner". Through the years I've just seen a lot off threads that have gone south, for example, after an owner posts pictures and asks "I did X to my car what do you guys think?" and hilarity ensues! ;-) Just a thought!

I understand that Jeff. Telling somone who asks that you may not like thier mod or anything else in a repectfull way is totally acceptable. If they have an issue, they become the problem and we can deal with that.

For all of you that asked question so far, thank you. We are far from perfect and we didnt think of everything. Rest assure this is not about our Ego, its about Team Shelby and making this the best site it can be. Will we have issues, yes. But with everyones help, the interuptions should be reduced.

Thank you for clarifying the issue about recommending other sites. I only do so if their is a technical or history concern. This is especially true on classic Shelby rides or pre-Las Vegas factory time lines. There are a lot of people new to the Shelby world in terms of the pre-Las Vegas years and information by those who been involved before that time with CS and his named vehicles is valuable. I certainly agree that promotion of other sites for membership is a no-no. Some of those other web sites have a good reciprocal relationship in referring and recommending this TS site with its knowledge of the LV SA vehicles and TS events.

Edited by 66GT350PS

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...