TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carlisle Ford Nationals, Pennsylvania

07gt500conv

The best manufacturers of after-market parts & accessories will be represented on the largest Manufacturers Midway on this planet. Plus you’ll also find hundreds of vendors with a variety of parts and accessories for sale, Ford & Lincoln-Mercury vehicles for sale in the corral, special events like beauty & burnout contests, rock crawling and much more. The best description of this show – Fun for the Blue Ovals!

Registration link:
http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

Reservations made here, anyone thinking of going...

QUALITY INN

1255 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA, 17013, US
Phone: (717) 243-6000 Fax: (717) 258-4123

Its going to fill up quickly, my thoughts anyway....doesn't cost anything to reserve a room if you are thinking about attending.

If anyone is interested in a little 'pre-Carlisle' fun, stay tuned for some upcoming information on a stop at a little track located on a Summit in Virginia, planned for the 2 days leading up to Carlisle.

......hope that peaks your interest.

Z-man

The best manufacturers of after-market parts & accessories will be represented on the largest Manufacturers Midway on this planet. Plus you’ll also find hundreds of vendors with a variety of parts and accessories for sale, Ford & Lincoln-Mercury vehicles for sale in the corral, special events like beauty & burnout contests, rock crawling and much more. The best description of this show – Fun for the Blue Ovals!

Registration link:

http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

Reservations made here, anyone thinking of going...

QUALITY INN

1255 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA, 17013, US

Phone: (717) 243-6000 Fax: (717) 258-4123

Its going to fill up quickly, my thoughts anyway....doesn't cost anything to reserve a room if you are thinking about attending.

so you and Val are coming up for this next year..... :happy feet:

If anyone is interested in a little 'pre-Carlisle' fun, stay tuned for some upcoming information on a stop at a little track located on a Summit in Virginia, planned for the 2 days leading up to Carlisle.

Z-man

It does mine enjoyed the last one.

Z-man

YOu have my interest....but what about convertibles....

YOu have my interest....but what about convertibles....

they have retractable tops..... is that what you were looking for? :lurk:

in all seriousness in the past the verts had to have a roll bar to be on the track. That is the tracks rule not Team Shelby. Check on the Summit Point website they have info there.

they have retractable tops..... is that what you were looking for? :lurk:

in all seriousness in the past the verts had to have a roll bar to be on the track. That is the tracks rule not Team Shelby. Check on the Summit Point website they have info there.

that is why I am asking....would like to get some track experience..even at slower speed to see if I would put a roll bar in or go buy a coupe to play with...

that is why I am asking....would like to get some track experience..even at slower speed to see if I would put a roll bar in or go buy a coupe to play with...

As Doug mentioned, our experience has been that for any 'hot laps', the tracks are requiring convertibles to have roll bars (and a 'styling bar' won't cut it). For parade laps, a 'vert is fine, maybe even preferred, but anything other than that you would need to invest in a roll bar.

Here is an excerpt from Summit Points website....

Vehicle Eligibility
  1. Street cars on street tires. Sorry, no SUV’s or Truck’s.
  2. Roll bars are mandatory for all convertibles. Removable Hard Tops are not for rollover protection.
  3. Functional factory or “pop-up” roll bars are acceptable such as Porsche Boxster or BMW Z3 with owners manual that confirms that they are “ROLLOVER PROTECTION” not “Style” bars. Honda S2000, Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette, and Mazda MX5 convertibles and some other convertibles, not listed, are required to have an aftermarket ROLL Bar.

If you haven't tracked your car before, and want to experience what it's like, maybe you can convince Doug to lend his keys to you for about 30 minutes of so..... :hide:

...When I attended the Bash a few years ago, there was more than one rental car Mustang on the track (just sayin')

As Doug mentioned, our experience has been that for any 'hot laps', the tracks are requiring convertibles to have roll bars (and a 'styling bar' won't cut it). For parade laps, a 'vert is fine, maybe even preferred, but anything other than that you would need to invest in a roll bar.

Here is an excerpt from Summit Points website....

Vehicle Eligibility
  1. Street cars on street tires. Sorry, no SUV’s or Truck’s.
  2. Roll bars are mandatory for all convertibles. Removable Hard Tops are not for rollover protection.
  3. Functional factory or “pop-up” roll bars are acceptable such as Porsche Boxster or BMW Z3 with owners manual that confirms that they are “ROLLOVER PROTECTION” not “Style” bars. Honda S2000, Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette, and Mazda MX5 convertibles and some other convertibles, not listed, are required to have an aftermarket ROLL Bar.

If you haven't tracked your car before, and want to experience what it's like, maybe you can convince Doug to lend his keys to you for about 30 minutes of so..... :hide:

...When I attended the Bash a few years ago, there was more than one rental car Mustang on the track (just sayin')

I have done "parade laps" around Sebring...Riding is not the same as driving. But I understand where you are coming from as far as the rules...

:doh:

:idea: Hows about I let ride along with me when I take Z-Mans GT500 out for a lap or two.... :peelout:

Sounds like a plan

I have done "parade laps" around Sebring...Riding is not the same as driving. But I understand where you are coming from as far as the rules...

Sounds like a plan

An ill conceived plan, but a plan none the less......and I haven't agreed to anything yet ;)

ahhh the good old parade laps..... I've been known to hit triple digits during parade laps....

attachicon.gif140 MPH.JPG

I'm pleading the 5th on this one, but I've been in some mighty fast parades in the past. The marching band could hardly keep up, and just forget about the floats with the home coming court on them.....we left them in the dust by the first turn!

An ill conceived plan, but a plan none the less......and I haven't agreed to anything yet ;)

I'm pleading the 5th on this one, but I've been in some mighty fast parades in the past. The marching band could hardly keep up, and just forget about the floats with the home coming court on them.....we left them in the dust by the first turn!

:rob_grabber::rob_grabber::rob_grabber:

:hysterical2:

:sunny: