TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anything I should know?

a1machinista1

Just made a deal on a 2007 mustang shelby gt with 29,000 miles.. really looking forward to picking it up in a couple weeks.so I am just curious if there is anything I should check on? No issues whatsoever with this car I'm just wondering if this car has any Ill tendencies. Loose bolts, parts that go bad, anything??

Welcome to TS, and Congrats! :victory: We will need :camera: when she arrives....

The hood scoop warps, the stripes fade and some bubble where the scoop mounts to it. The muffler brkt. welds will break from time to time. Those are really the main Shelby add-on issues that occur, outside of the usual S197 problems which have nothing to do with it being a Shelby.

Great car!! Have fun and be sure and post your thoughts once you have some seat time.

Would love to post some photos as soon as we get it home. Started off looking for a new daily driver and through a friend I came across this Shelby. The owner did not have the car listed for sale but had thought about selling a few times. I asked the owner to come up with a price to see if it was within my budget, he threw a price at me and there was no argument. The car has never seen rain and I intend to keep it that way... (I think)...

I'll search the S197 thanks

You posted your inquiry in the general Team Shelby forum. Which is fine, but it’s better to post inquiries about the Shelby GT in the Shelby GT/Shelby GT-H Forum within Team Shelby . People that own and post about the SGT generally look there for issues with their cars and post about their problems/mods/etc. You can also use the Search Function. See top right of your screen for “SEARCH”. You can use the search and try inquiries like:

“Shelby Gt Stripe”- stripes fading, peeling, cracking, replacement stripes

“Shelby GT Shifter” Problems posted from people who had shifter problems with manual tran

“Shelby GT Hood Scoop”- warped scoop or replacing original scoop

“Shelby GT Clunking Noise”- suspension gremlins

“Shelby GT Squeak”- suspension/bushing gremlins

“Shelby GT Hood Pins”- concerning bubbles on paint around hood pins (galvanic corrosion)

“Shelby GT Tire”-issues on cupping/castor/camber issues and tire/wheel selections

There are hundreds of old posts about the above mentioned inquiries.

Also if the car doesn’t have a lower billet grill you may want to get one. It helps protects the lower front cooling fins from rock damage. Good Luck finding one though.

And most importantly. Get the VIN or CSM number and call Shelby American directly to make sure its real and that it is registered. Enjoy your new ride.

Just made a deal on a 2007 mustang shelby gt with 29,000 miles.. really looking forward to picking it up in a couple weeks.so I am just curious if there is anything I should check on? No issues whatsoever with this car I'm just wondering if this car has any Ill tendencies. Loose bolts, parts that go bad, anything??

Like all cars, some are luckier than others. My only issues so far:

The original warped scooped (replaced with improved scoop)

One of the original mufflers' bracket broke off (replace with new "Shelby Turbo a.k.a. Borla mufflers)

Defective clutch when purchased (unrelated to Shelby - no problems since)

Except for the above the car has been flawless and looks perfect today.

Enjoy your new ride!

If you are reading this post simply scroll upwards to top left of page and the click "Forums" in the upper left corner. Doing so will display all forums/sections. Then simply scroll down until you see Shelby GT/Shelby GT-H Forums. Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

:hysterical:

J/K

Very cool! You think driving it is fun..........better carry a bottle of Windex and paper towels. Every time you come back to it while it's parked somewhere, you'll be washing off "cheek" marks and nose prints on the side windows! :cool:

Funny you say that!! I park a couple blocks away from work and I was wondering what the hell the was on the windows...

Archived