TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Selling my shelby

Torched10

Think I'm gonna sell my car. I'm 70 and its just much hp for me I'll buy a gt to replace it. Only has 2000 miles on it. Never in rain pampered car. Listing it on auto trader. Looking at kbb they've held value really well. Since they're not making them for now guess there's still market demand for them. I'll still troll here though.

Think I'm gonna sell my car. I'm 70 and its just much hp for me I'll buy a gt to replace it. Only has 2000 miles on it. Never in rain pampered car. Listing it on auto trader. Looking at kbb they've held value really well. Since they're not making them for now guess there's still market demand for them. I'll still troll here though.

Most of us will likely tell you to keep the car if you are having any second thoughts. Forget about KBB values, fantasy land. Look at Black Book, Ebay completed sales, or shop the car at local dealers and add a few thousand to get a realistic retail value. KBB values are an absolute joke, anyone in the business will tell you exactly that.

I would just sit on the baddest GT500 ever built 13/14 with all the options. There will never be one like these 2 years again. You just need to learn to tame the car. Mine drives perfectly normal and if I want stupid out of the 850hp beast, TC off mash down on the gas and get ready, otherwise she drives fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I was 58 when I traded in my 2008 GT for a 2014 GT 500. I sometimes miss the GT. When I do I drop the "14" down two gears stomp on it, and my blues go away. I can't imagine life without my Shelby.

I was 58 when I traded in my 2008 GT for a 2014 GT 500. I sometimes miss the GT. When I do I drop the "14" down two gears stomp on it, and my blues go away. I can't imagine life without my Shelby.

The 2014 GT500 will go down in the annals of performance vehicles. When the GT500 came out the aftermarket (and Ford Racing) had add ons to do bigger faster better. By the 13-14 cars, the car from Ford was just everything it could be, and noone could do it better. It had become the equivalent of the parts department Cobra Jet. It was a fine way to exit the market.

Their next phase is the GT350, and with the complexity of that engine, I don't expect too much from the after market there either. Plus, with all but the base car including magnaride, the suspension is pretty much hands off.

Edited by twobjshelbys

• 2 weeks later...

Think I'm gonna keep it.in my mind on still waffling but took it for a top down mountain run couple cweeks ago and it was fun

However in last 2 weeks I've had 2 issues arise, my glove box latch broke,and my tms is always on. They may be signs

Think I'm gonna keep it.in my mind on still waffling but took it for a top down mountain run couple cweeks ago and it was fun

However in last 2 weeks I've had 2 issues arise, my glove box latch broke,and my tms is always on. They may be signs

You'll have to pay for the latch, should be a common part for several MY's of the GT500....... ( salvage yard ? )

Depending on when you bought your car, ( 2014 MY ), your warranty should cover TPMS issues. I don't see a reason to sell the car here !

I have bumper cup bumper so i think latch should be covered

I'll see. As to psi the monitor goes off at 26= I run my cold.at30=tested them warm at 33 still get warning

Plus warning isn't supposed to come on after driving and mine conesb on at startup

I'll see. As to psi the monitor goes off at 26= I run my cold.at30=tested them warm at 33 still get warning

Plus warning isn't supposed to come on after driving and mine conesb on at startup

I have one TPMS that seems to lose about a half pound a day. I run them at 35 psi and about 2 weeks later the light comes on and when I check it's down to 25 psi. Irritating but I just hadn't gone by the dealership yet. :doh:

It's not grandmas Buick, you're driving a 200mph beast. The sensor will go off if you're running below the recommended psi. Edited by Secondo

I have one TPMS that seems to lose about a half pound a day. I run them at 35 psi and about 2 weeks later the light comes on and when I check it's down to 25 psi. Irritating but I just hadn't gone by the dealership yet. :doh:

Bill - FYI, I had the same trouble you have now, just a couple of pounds a week, very slow leak, and then the light came on every few weeks, very annoying!

Finally my tire guy found the leak, it was the barcode shown in the picture below. That barcode, located on the bead sealing surface was allowing a very, very small amount of air to leak.

006-3.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M

Bill - FYI, I had the same trouble you have now, just a couple of pounds a week, very slow leak, and then the light came on every few weeks, very annoying!

Finally my tire guy found the leak, it was the barcode shown in the picture below. That barcode, located on the bead sealing surface was allowing a very, very small amount of air to leak.

006-3.jpg

R

On my former 2011 GT-500 I had a similar problem and took it back to the dealership. They found a miscue random air bubble after soaping the sidewall several times. They dismounted the tire and soaped the rim/tire real good and it cured my problem. They figured it was a grain of sand/dirt along the bead causing the small leak. I was thinking that may be my problem again and took it to a tire shop and had them remount the tire after soaping it up real good but I'm still leasing that small amount of air. I figure it's got to be the TPMS this time. Just need to take it by the dealership.

post-42261-0-79907300-1432744343_thumb.jpg

Yeah. Having second thoughts even before listing it.wife thinks I should keep it.

Remember this my good friend the 2013 & 2014 our going to be worth a lot of money for the simple fact that Ford doesn't have the options available anymore and my "14" has the 5.8L Motor a thing of the past

and I had it changed to a Wide Body SuperSnake. I'm 68 and I believe I'm on my third or forth wind hell they are going to have to bury me in this. I guess food for thought.

Edited by Rod Simas

I originally got my 2014 because I thought it might be the last of the GT-500's and it did look like that when Ford announced the GT-350 in it's place. I was recently at Shelby American in Las Vegas and spent a little time with Gary Patterson (S.A. VP) and asked about the future of the GT-500. He told me we'll see another GT-500 but it will be based on the Coyote 5.0 motor as it will be easier to reach big numbers with it than the new 5.2 with it's flat plane cam and higher compression. Plus he said with my 2014 I had the last of the big motored GT-500's with it's 5.8.

I'm 63 and enjoy driving my Shelby GT-500 but recently picked up a used 2014 Mustang Pony Package convertible to use as my daily driver after racking up 16,000 miles on the Shelby in two years. Fun miles but I want it to last a long time.

As I side note while admiring Gary's personal GT-500 Super Snake in the showroom, I asked about driving on some of those wide open roads in Nevada. He said the cops don't normally mess with you as long as you're under 90 mph. He said from 90 to 140 they'll stop you but once you go past 140 mph they just wave and let you go. :cool:

20151001_134722.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I originally got my 2014 because I thought it might be the last of the GT-500's and it did look like that when Ford announced the GT-350 in it's place. I was recently at Shelby American in Las Vegas and spent a little time with Gary Patterson (S.A. VP) and asked about the future of the GT-500. He told me we'll see another GT-500 but it will be based on the Coyote 5.0 motor as it will be easier to reach big numbers with it than the new 5.2 with it's flat plane cam and higher compression. Plus he said with my 2014 I had the last of the big motored GT-500's with it's 5.8.

I'm 63 and enjoy driving my Shelby GT-500 but recently picked up a used 2014 Mustang Pony Package convertible to use as my daily driver after racking up 16,000 miles on the Shelby in two years. Fun miles but I want it to last a long time.

As I side note while admiring Gary's personal GT-500 Super Snake in the showroom, I asked about driving on some of those wide open roads in Nevada. He said the cops don't normally mess with you as long as you're under 90 mph. He said from 90 to 140 they'll stop you but once you go past 140 mph they just wave and let you go. :cool:

the new facility and tour is top notch, they've really beefed up the tour. it's great