TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Made Me Do It

39Mustang

WRT "wasting my money", it might then disgust you to know I have more money in my '68 GT500KR (if you also include my work hours on it as well as the total rotisserie restoration) than in my 2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S. That is how high I hold Shelbys in esteem.

glad they don't offer automatic. that would be sacrilegious, in my opinion. automatics are for sissys or daily drivers.

Sissy's you said, let me know the next time you go to a big event and we'll discuss that word further

What an ignorant dumbass you are! My childhood friend who is an ex-Marine his buddy had both legs blown off in Iraq by an IED and he would like to be able to drive these cars but its obvious why he cannot but according to you he's a sissy. I cannot drive a manual due to a scumbag drunk driver but i'm a sissy according to you, please tell the next event your at

I posted this topic as humor but as usual its the same ones who feel the need to express how they think they know it all. All you do is prove how full of B.S. you are! Didn't your mommy ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all.

Negativity is all that comes out of your mouth

The Challenger doesn't have a track car and they are not competitive.

The Camaro Z/28 track car is not available with an automatic.

Edit: Dodge's track car, the Viper, also isn't available with an auto. Getting the picture yet?

Anybody else?

You seem to think your the expert on here... the Viper was never built as a track car!

I guess all the Ferrari's, Porsche's, and Lamborghini's of their track cars all come with paddle shifted Automatics including automatic normal mode

Its called a choice!!! Give the customer a choice of manual or automatic and I don't see those Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Jaguar, Aston Martin owners complaining do ya know it all!

The GT350-R is the track car not the GT350... Since the Corvettes have optional auto's I guess they are not a real sports car according to your logic

I don't know it all, I'm just giving the facts and the GT350 is a track car, not just the R.

The cars you mention are expensive supercars, not comparable to an inexpensive car such as a Mustang.

And from what I've been hearing about the new Vette, it can't handle the track.

I posted this topic as humor but as usual its the same ones who feel the need to express how they think they know it all. All you do is prove how full of B.S. you are! Didn't your mommy ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all.

Negativity is all that comes out of your mouth

O the irony,

Ford had the choice and chose not to do so. I guess we could carry on for months about it and look down upon their products, but my mom told me if I don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Sissy's you said, let me know the next time you go to a big event and we'll discuss that word further

What an ignorant dumbass you are! My childhood friend who is an ex-Marine his buddy had both legs blown off in Iraq by an IED and he would like to be able to drive these cars but its obvious why he cannot but according to you he's a sissy. I cannot drive a manual due to a scumbag drunk driver but i'm a sissy according to you, please tell the next event your at

Sure, let me clarify.. "sissy drivers". That better? Obviously, I have no way of knowing about your ex-Marine buddy and clearly my comments were not directed at him. You made that connection, not me. I apologize that I did not consider people with disabilities who might need an automatic transmission. I honestly hadn't considered it. I would generally assume that if you are not physically able to drive a manual transmission automobile, you would opt for any of the gazillion of other vehicles that are on the planet and/or customize your ride with an automatic transmission (among other things). In any event, you can exclude yourself and your buddy from my comment -- it was not directed at either of you specifically.

Sure, let me clarify.. "sissy drivers". That better? Obviously, I have no way of knowing about your ex-Marine buddy and clearly my comments were not directed at him. You made that connection, not me. I apologize that I did not consider people with disabilities who might need an automatic transmission. I honestly hadn't considered it. I would generally assume that if you are not physically able to drive a manual transmission automobile, you would opt for any of the gazillion of other vehicles that are on the planet and/or customize your ride with an automatic transmission (among other things). In any event, you can exclude yourself and your buddy from my comment -- it was not directed at either of you specifically.

Nice way to take the high road! I don't think that anybody else would think that you meant such a thing. Also, folks in those situations always find a way. For example, my friend Carol Hollfelder who raced for years in a Ferrari and a Mustang professionally where a standard transmission was required. Her cars were customized with autostick type features while utilizing the required transmission for the series. There are ALWAYS ways to make it happen!

http://www.usatechguide.org/blog/inside-the-tiger/

hollfelder2.jpg

Nice way to take the high road! I don't think that anybody else would think that you meant such a thing. Also, folks in those situations always find a way. For example, my friend Carol Hollfelder who raced for years in a Ferrari and a Mustang professionally where a standard transmission was required. Her cars were customized with autostick type features while utilizing the required transmission for the series. There are ALWAYS ways to make it happen!

http://www.usatechguide.org/blog/inside-the-tiger/

hollfelder2.jpg

THAT is awesome!

• 1 month later...

This reply is for you 2 smartasses about oh the GT350 shouldn't have an automatic as Ford never made one in the past... umm, Shelby American as I recall has offered automatics going back to the 60's! This is almost 2016 not 1993 or 2004 or 2007 the excuse Ford used about the automatic cannot handle the horsepower is pure bullshit! Call Frank at Power by the Hour in Boynton Beach FL and ask him how many GT500 owners have had them swap out the 6spd manuals for automatics! FACT is the current automatic can easily withstand 1,000hp and frankly can shift better than you can dream of! The Corvette, Camaro, Cadillac, Hellcat Challenger, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, and so on ALL their top performance cars are ALL standard with AUTOMATICS!

Ford just needs to offer the car with both so people have the option. I had a guy call me the other day about my 2013 GT350 Conv. For Sale and his reason was simple 'I'm too damn old to shift I just want to drive it'

I've waited since 1993 when Ford first offered the Cobra Mustang to get one of these Mustangs with an automatic and over 20 years later they still don't so I am one glad for Saleen and Shelby American because they do!

This reply is for you 2 smartasses about oh the GT350 shouldn't have an automatic as Ford never made one in the past... umm, Shelby American as I recall has offered automatics going back to the 60's! This is almost 2016 not 1993 or 2004 or 2007 the excuse Ford used about the automatic cannot handle the horsepower is pure bullshit! Call Frank at Power by the Hour in Boynton Beach FL and ask him how many GT500 owners have had them swap out the 6spd manuals for automatics! FACT is the current automatic can easily withstand 1,000hp and frankly can shift better than you can dream of! The Corvette, Camaro, Cadillac, Hellcat Challenger, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, and so on ALL their top performance cars are ALL standard with AUTOMATICS!

Ford just needs to offer the car with both so people have the option. I had a guy call me the other day about my 2013 GT350 Conv. For Sale and his reason was simple 'I'm too damn old to shift I just want to drive it'

I've waited since 1993 when Ford first offered the Cobra Mustang to get one of these Mustangs with an automatic and over 20 years later they still don't so I am one glad for Saleen and Shelby American because they do!

I have a auto and manual SGT's and the auto just isn't fun after driving the stick I learned to drive stick just so I could have the SGT with that beautiful hurst short throw. But the super snake cobra was auto and Carroll himself said he liked autos so if they're good enough for him they're good enough for anybody. Just felt phony to me with the auto I even drive everywhere with my hand constantly on the clunky auto shifter because it just seemed right. I use the stick for driving and the auto just for burnouts in the private drive. So I got rid of the auto.

Again, if you want a high power, track capable automatic Shelby based on the current IRS platform, you can send a basic 2015 or 2016 Mustang GT to SAI in Las Vegas and they will convert it to a 750HP+ Super Snake for $50 - $60K, depending on the options you want (track suspension available). They will convert both manual and automatic, and they told me that the current Mustang GT automatic can handle 900HP without problem. In addition, this car will be produced follow the traditional Shelby route and no overzealous Shelby die hard can argue that it is not a "real" Shelby.

Better hurry up as they are only going to convert 300 of them. More than half had already been spoken for as of a month ago when I placed my order.

Again, if you want a high power, track capable automatic Shelby based on the current IRS platform, you can send a basic 2015 or 2016 Mustang GT to SAI in Las Vegas and they will convert it to a 750HP+ Super Snake for $50 - $60K, depending on the options you want (track suspension available). They will convert both manual and automatic, and they told me that the current Mustang GT automatic can handle 900HP without problem. In addition, this car will be produced follow the traditional Shelby route and no overzealous Shelby die hard can argue that it is not a "real" Shelby.

Better hurry up as they are only going to convert 300 of them. More than half had already been spoken for as of a month ago when I placed my order.

+1, the best and most economical option to get a great car, IMO.

Guest markham51

I dont mind a manual at all. I grew up with manual transmissions but.....if I lived in a big city and had to fight traffic every day I would never consider a manual. Too much drama. Not an issue for me as I spend a lot of time in the sticks but when I have to brave the stupid Toronto traffic for hours I take the Lincoln pretty much every time.

Lots of Hellcat buyers got turned off by the manual because the clutch pedal is super HEAVY!! (Part of the reason I went for an automatic.)

The Ford salesman assured me that the clutch in the GT350 will be as light as the Mustang GT. Will some Boss 302 owners chime in to tell me how heavy the clutch is. I suppose the new GT350 should be about the same.

I can tell you that there is no way the Fords Salesman knows the clutch will be as light as the GT, he is just assuming or making it up.

I'm sure he made it up. LoL That's why I want to ask Boss 302 owners to share what their experience have been.

Besides, the Hellcat is designed to run 12 seconds or less at a time so a heavy clutch doesn't really matter for its intended purpose, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived