TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are The New Gt350S Shelbys Or Just Fords?

Coljimm

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, Yes !

I think if you study trademark and patent law you will find otherwise,

but...

BING BING BING Congratulations! You have just won the prize!

I really wonder where you come up with this kind of stuff and why. OK I've had a few cocktails but maybe it took that to realize that you are really just a moron trying to stir up stuff and sit just below the troll list.

I honestly can't remember one positive contribution.

You said you were trying to clean up your act and become more socially acceptable. You lose. You've won the troll of the week award.

So now you've officially won the 4th place on my ban list. I don't like and hopefully will never meet you. I'm sure you think the same of me, but then I'd have to care.

Bye for now.

Good luck with your fantasymobile.

Wow ! I don't think I quite deserved that. But I apologize if I've somehow offended you. I'm not a troll. I'm here because I have a passion and appreciation for all Mustang cars, and especially Shelby's. We all are entitled to our opinions, and frankly I think Ford could have displayed a little more allegiance to the Shelby name on the new GT350. I'm dissapointed that they didn't. You seem to be very strongly opinionated in your post's. I should be able to express mine. Nothing wrong with mind stimulating discussions. Next time I suggest you sleep on it before you post such an attack towards someone, as you did. I apologized, now your turn, then we can move on. If not, I have no problem with us avoiding each other in the future.

I dot see where there will be any "registry" of the new Ford Shelby GT350 as it is a Ford production item. There is no Shelby GT500 registry of individual cars in any data bank that I know of. Shelby American has there own records of post title Mustang Shelby models that they have produced and the Shelby American Auto Club has the most detailed registry of Shelby vehicles from the classic era and few of the later limited production Shelby cars.

I expect the production of thousands of new Gt350 Mustangs per year will be too much to catalog, much like the 45,000+ GT500 Shelby Mustangs. Unless some new club volunteers to take on the project and gets Ford approval, I do not see it happening. I do not see some department at Ford keeping a detailed registry other than responding to inquiries in the future requesting if the vin shows a legitimate factory assembled GT350.

I dot see where there will be any "registry" of the new Ford Shelby GT350 as it is a Ford production item. There is no Shelby GT500 registry of individual cars in any data bank that I know of. Shelby American has there own records of post title Mustang Shelby models that they have produced and the Shelby American Auto Club has the most detailed registry of Shelby vehicles from the classic era and few of the later limited production Shelby cars.

I expect the production of thousands of new Gt350 Mustangs per year will be too much to catalog, much like the 45,000+ GT500 Shelby Mustangs. Unless some new club volunteers to take on the project and gets Ford approval, I do not see it happening. I do not see some department at Ford keeping a detailed registry other than responding to inquiries in the future requesting if the vin shows a legitimate factory assembled GT350.

Actually, Kevin Marti will continue to have records from Ford with details of production and model. Also, VIN number will distinguish the GT500's and GT350's from other Mustangs, so legitimacy of GT500's and GT350's will be easy in the future. Marti has documents available through 2007. My Marti I received on my 2006 GTH actually has the label of Shelby GT-H on it. So he does have such data.

That wasn't cool Tony.....

cmc (Chris) is a good guy. He is not a troll either....far from it actually. He is just having fun.

I happen to like you BOTH..... Let's not let opinions get in between us guys.

Carry on. :)

That wasn't cool Tony.....

cmc (Chris) is a good guy. He is not a troll either....far from it actually. He is just having fun.

I happen to like you BOTH..... Let's not let opinions get in between us guys.

Carry on. :)

Anyone posting on a Shelby site saying that a new GT500 doesn't need the name Shelby attached to it is bound to be criticized.

Anyone posting on a Shelby site saying that a new GT500 doesn't need the name Shelby attached to it is bound to be criticized.

You misinterpreted what I was saying. Never meant it didn't need the Shelby name attached. Speculating as to whether it would, based on the direction Ford seems to be headed. Never said I agree with it. Just my opinion. Hopefully that should clear things up !

I think I understand the conversation. Just having the name "GT500" without a 'Shelby" reference on a car might be a question of concern as to licensing. After all, GT350 and 350GT are used on a variety of vehicles from Ferrari to Nissan. Even the dispute over names came with the "Eleanor" GT500E. Shelby Licensing lost that battle to Denice Halicki, Toby's widow. If the GT500 moniker is on a vehicle, especially a Mustang that is modified in a for profit shop for distribution, but does not carry the Shelby name or any decals, logos of any Shelby Licensing items, such as Cobras, is it okay? I guess it is up to interpretation by the legal eagles. Interesting discussion. :cool:

By analogy, the infamous case of the 1984 Ford GT350, without Shelby's name or blessings serves as an example of where you get sued.

That is correct. Except for the way I understand it Ford did not pay any licensing nor have permission for the use of just the GT350 name alone.

That is correct. Except for the way I understand it Ford did not pay any licensing nor have permission for the use of just the GT350 name alone.

Correct, somebody in the marketing department must have gotten carried away with their importance, and the funny thing is that nobody in legal checked to see if they could use that name before they put thousands of copies of it out to sell with a big advertising campaign blitz.

Correct, somebody in the marketing department must have gotten carried away with their importance, and the funny thing is that nobody in legal checked to see if they could use that name before they put thousands of copies of it out to sell with a big advertising campaign blitz.

Cute little cars though. I currently have 5 of them.

Someday they may be worth something……... :shift:

Hard to say. Worth something to me anyway. I bought a new GT in 1983. Then the next year the 20th anniversary cars came out. I kind wished I'd waited, even though I loved the 83. Anyway 3 of them are 5000 mile cars. T-top, Sunroof, and Convertible. They're still fun to drive.

This is a good conversation..... I always wondered how that very car was able to be called just a "GT350"???

Certainly unworthy of the name compared to now-a-days, eh? Those 80's cars were just decals and stickers. :doh:

I think I understand the conversation. Just having the name "GT500" without a 'Shelby" reference on a car might be a question of concern as to licensing. After all, GT350 and 350GT are used on a variety of vehicles from Ferrari to Nissan. Even the dispute over names came with the "Eleanor" GT500E. Shelby Licensing lost that battle to Denice Halicki, Toby's widow. If the GT500 moniker is on a vehicle, especially a Mustang that is modified in a for profit shop for distribution, but does not carry the Shelby name or any decals, logos of any Shelby Licensing items, such as Cobras, is it okay? I guess it is up to interpretation by the legal eagles. Interesting discussion. :cool:

I suppose some of the same logic carries through in the American Muscle catalog that sells GT350 stripe kits.... but it doesn't say Shelby GT350!

I suppose some of the same logic carries through in the American Muscle catalog that sells GT350 stripe kits.... but it doesn't say Shelby GT350!

What's up Sandy?

:lurk:

:hysterical2:

The legal issues with the GT350 in 1984 started the Shelby-Ford licensing war. It was resolved later with the use of the Cobra (shared: Ford on a Mustang, Shelby Am. on a roadster, no fees), GT350 on a Mustang is Shelby Licensing, as is a lot of other designations, such as GT500. Terlingua is not Shelby Licensed. The Shelby war on the GT350 name was when Shelby was associated with Chrysler. The appeal of the GT350 name had always been a strong designation on a Ford product because of the history associated with the Shelby name. I think Shel' was annoyed at Ford over that and the use of the Cobra name as a decoration on Mustangs, Torinos and any Ford vehicle that came along. It has been settled between all the legal boys on both sides for future use.

I'm just happy both companies are continuing to make some cool cars. Shelby with the new Supersnake and Ford with the GT350 and new GT. A few years ago I truly thought we would all be driving 4 cylinder turbos by now :)

I'm just happy both companies are continuing to make some cool cars. Shelby with the new Supersnake and Ford with the GT350 and new GT. A few years ago I truly thought we would all be driving 4 cylinder turbos by now :)

Dave, do you have a build date?

Archived