TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are The New Gt350S Shelbys Or Just Fords?

Coljimm

I am concerned that the new GT350 I just ordered is not an actual Shelby. The only place the name "Shelby" appears is on the front spoiler and it is nearly invisible. I am still excited about the new motor but is this just a hotted up Ford?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am concerned that the new GT350 I just ordered is not an actual Shelby. The only place the name "Shelby" appears is on the front spoiler and it is nearly invisible. I am still excited about the new motor but is this just a hotted up Ford?

Mine will be a true "Shelby" after I send it to SAI for the SuperSnake appearance package upgrade and they apply the Cobra badging to it !

Late '67's - '70

They were A.O.Smith Mustangs! :hysterical:

Only in who built them. They were still Ford's with Shelby on the label but out of the loop. Sorry, I like them.

And remember the 69-70 transition where they were re-VIN'd to the next model year.

The point is, this transition has happened before. History has repeated itself.

Get over it

Only in who built them. They were still Ford's with Shelby on the label but out of the loop. Sorry, I like them.

And remember the 69-70 transition where they were re-VIN'd to the next model year.

The point is, this transition has happened before. History has repeated itself.

Get over it

Get over what? Just making a point.

I'm just going to say it...is it going to be in the Shelby registry ?

Of course it is, why wouldn't it be??

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the new GT350s will not automatically be in the Shelby Registery. It is up to the owner to go through the required protocol with SAI to have the car added !

If you mean Shelby's that are made at SAI then No they are not, the GT350 a few years back was. That said it wouldn't have the Name Shelby on it if it wasn't a Shelby. They are all Shelbys, the ones made at SAI are much more rare and many think that will mean something down the road, but who cares. Buy it if you like it and enjoy driving it!!!

Do you think the recently completed run of GT500s are Shelbys? (Yes, they are.)

Do you think the recently completed run of GT500s are Shelbys? (Yes, they are.)

It just seems to me that Ford could have displayed a little more of the Shelby name on the new GT350. As I mentioned months back in an earlier thread, the embossed front splitter has an obvious discreet approach towards truly identifying itself as a Shelby vehicle. The late model GT500s had the fake gas filler and rear trunk lettering which were easily seen and easy to identify as a Shelby Mustang. It would almost seem as if Ford is wants their cake and eat it too. In other words, ride the coat tails of the Shelby name, it yet gradually pull away, so as not to share the glory with anyone else ! Funny how history repeats itself.

Guest markham51

If Ford builds an amazing vehicle and the Shelby name is associated with it...the Shelby brand benefits from Ford's investment. It is a mutually beneficial relationship that has survived 50+years. If it wasn't good for both it would have been dead a long time ago. Shelby and Ford win together. Thats the secret.

If Ford builds an amazing vehicle and the Shelby name is associated with it...the Shelby brand benefits from Ford's investment. It is a mutually beneficial relationship that has survived 50+years. If it wasn't good for both it would have been dead a long time ago. Shelby and Ford win together. Thats the secret.

I would venture to guess, Ford is out for Ford !

Guest markham51

I would venture to guess, Ford is out for Ford !

Such is the nature of licensing. One hopes to derive benefit through association.

If Ford dominates the relationship, it does so because of it's size and industry infleuence. Ford invented the Mustang not the other way around and it picks it's partners carefully. If there are sensitivities to this David and Goliath relationship so be it... but remember you don't get what you deserve...you get what you negotiate.

I think this will always be a sore spot for Ford and Shelby. I am a fan of both and always will be but to say one is the other and they are equal is not right either. If you are saying the registry doesn't have any merit or just doesn't matter, then I would have to disagree. It does seperate the cars Carol had a more direct influence on than the others.

Such is the nature of licensing. One hopes to derive benefit through association.

If Ford dominates the relationship, it does so because of it's size and industry infleuence. Ford invented the Mustang not the other way around and it picks it's partners carefully. If there are sensitivities to this David and Goliath relationship so be it... but remember you don't get what you deserve...you get what you negotiate.

I think this will always be a sore spot for Ford and Shelby. I am a fan of both and always will be but to say one is the other and they are equal is not right either. If you are saying the registry doesn't have any merit or just doesn't matter, then I would have to disagree. It does seperate the cars Carol had a more direct influence on than the others.

Very well said by both.

Good grief is right, Chris, non-stop whining with the cynics here! If you can't figure out that the new GT350 is a Shelby, forget it. If you need explaining, then you will not understand!!

That last sentence says it all, Sean!

PRECISELY! :victory:

Good grief is right, Chris, non-stop whining with the cynics here! If you can't figure out that the new GT350 is a Shelby, forget it. If you need explaining, then you will not understand!!

:)

Archived