TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking Of Selling Off My Small Collection Of Chopper Bikes...

Good afternoon guys...

Some of you might know that I used to own a bicycle store...for those that don't, I had a place in Az. for ten years and during that time I acquired quite the collection of Schwinn Sting Rays and Krate series bikes. We were also open during the Orange County Chopper craze and at that time a lot of the bicycle manufacturers had jumped on the band wagon building bicycle choppers. Some companies went CRAZY, $$$-wise and had some very high quality and cool knock-off looking bikes.

I sold the store when we moved to Canada in 2009 and let most of the Sting Rays and Krates go to the stores' new owner, as it had become sort of the "theme" of my shop. However, that said I saved a handful of the Schwinns and all of the choppers.

Next year we are planning on a big move and I do NOT want to schlepp the choppers back west, but I think I wanna keep the Schwinns. Sooooooo..... I have these bikes that have not really been ridden with the exception of maybe around the parking lot of the store once or twice. They are all IMMACCULATE but dusty right now, as they've been down in my basement collecting dust and $$$$ :cool:

The reason for my thread here on TS is because I know there is typically a carryover of enthusiasm from car guys, to bike guys. These bikes in question are sorta Harley-esque too. I wanted to offer them to my friends first....then resort to Ebay and the like should I need to.

As of today, this is a new thought, therefore I have no pics to post up. I wanted to see what kind of response I'd get from you all. If it looks like there's interest, I'll drag em up into some daylight and get pics. They're really dusty, but I will clean em (obviously) to sell em.

Thanks for reading guys! Lemme know what you think....

BB

Decluttering not only means you have to move less but it also will make your property easier to sell (assuming that is part of the equation). When we moved to Vegas we knew we were downsizing in terms of storage space so we took the opportunity to ditch stuff that we knew we would never use again. Most of it was books. Some, like some Time Life series, were sold on ebay, the remainder (literally, a ton) were taken to Goodwill.

OK..... I realize no pics was a shytty thing to do. ;)

So, here are some grainy, (dark), dusty shots of what they look like... I assure you, they are shiny new underneath!

This first one was made by GT Bicycles in 1999 under the DYNO brand. It was called a 'Duece', and has a single speed coaster brake. Skull capped handle grips, fireball "flame" treaded tires and mirrors.

17734799424_b340a87817_c.jpgimage1 (4) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

17736771993_6703423d6c_b.jpgimage2 (4) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

The next one is a SPECIALIZED brand bike, called a FatBoy....it has a single speed but freewheels and has front and rear disc brakes (mechanical). This bike retailed for $2K!! And yes...the FatBoy name is quite obvious! This bike also has flames in the tread pattern. The paint also has ghost flames, that are hard to make out in these pics. These bikes were very limited and therefore numbered and there's a # plaque on the chain stay. This bike came with a poorly thought out, cheezy plastic chain guard that I subsequently pitched!

Check out the sweet motorcycle style kickstand. Awesome attention to detail.

18330969636_77b9ddb9d8_b.jpgimage1 (3) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

18169575178_b261870d19_b.jpgimage2 (3) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

Next up.... Diamondback brand bicycle, called the 'Drifter'...single speed, freewheel. I added that Harley Davidson headlamp. It is non-functional, but looks SWEET and could be made functional easy enuf. The headlamp alone, was $100.00

17736709473_eb802c944a_b.jpgimage1 (1) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

18353317752_94d7b749ba_b.jpgimage2 (1) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

Lastly... This bike is made by FELT, the company that partnered with Carroll and built the CS Shelby Cruiser. It is called a "Torch"...This bike has a Shimano internal 3 speed hub and a twist grip shifter, along with an internal front drum brake. :cool: I really like the drag bar!!

18169556858_91b870eaf6_b.jpgimage1 (2) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

18169637760_c0aeb1f7c1_b.jpgimage2 (2) by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

Archived