TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Michelin Pilot Super Sports

karlc1955

Thinking of replacing the Goodyear hockey pucks. The 285 40 18 Pilot Sports AS/3 are on backorder, with none scheduled.

Super Sports are available in: 295 35 18 and 265 40 18. Anyone running these on a 2007 GT500?

Car is lowered 2".

Thanks.

I run 275-35-20 on front and 315/35/20 on rear and absolutely love the MPSS....highly recommend

The one thing I found on mine was going with the larger front (275) it helped the car turn if you play hard with it. I have not tracked it yet, but when we did our NC mountain trip, the front end stuck and never squawked....

my 08 GT/SC came with Nitto's never liked them felt slippery and having had used the Super Sports before I put them on and car grips like Peanut Butter. Yes, I have Griggs suspension but the Michelins made the handling just about perfect. Living in FL they are very good in the rain too

• 4 weeks later...

I had the super sports installed last week. 265 and 295. Great tires. From a roll, the stock Goodyears would break loose and the car would go

side ways (565 rwhp) at about 30 mph, with the Michelins the there is slight wheel spin and the car goes straight. Turn in way improved. Much quieter on the free way.

• 7 months later...

I had the super sports installed last week. 265 and 295. Great tires. From a roll, the stock Goodyears would break loose and the car would go

side ways (565 rwhp) at about 30 mph, with the Michelins the there is slight wheel spin and the car goes straight. Turn in way improved. Much quieter on the free way.

I just put on the MPSS a couple weeks ago and concur with above. Taking them out on the track next weekend at the Shelby Bash. Will be interesting to see how they do on the track

I run 275-35-20 on front and 315/35/20 on rear and absolutely love the MPSS....highly recommend

The one thing I found on mine was going with the larger front (275) it helped the car turn if you play hard with it. I have not tracked it yet, but when we did our NC mountain trip, the front end stuck and never squawked....

Is your car lowered? I'm shopping for tires now for a staggered set of Alcoas. My '12 Mustang has about a 2" drop all around. I'm wanting the widest tire without any rubbing issues. Thanks, Duane.