TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bitter Sweet Day, 4 Year And 2 Year Anniversaries

I just want to shout out to my wonderful wife Colleen, who supports me and my Shelby addiction. Today marks both the 4 year anniversary of loosing my partner in crime, my mom, and 2 year anniversary of eternally joining my wife Colleen in marriage. My mother lost a battle to MS, which rocked my world. All I wanted to do was be able to get married for my parents to see, but with her loosing the battle, our wedding was put off. Fast forward a year, and we try again to get married for my father. He ends up being diagnosed with terminal cancer, and I lost him a couple months later. Devastated is an understatement. Fast forward almost a year, and we had put a wedding in the works in my hometown, for all my family to see. It was a wonderful day, and I know both my parents were smiling down as we celebrated the occasion in an outdoor ceremony at my uncles home.

My wife is my rock, she is all I have left. I need her, and am grateful everyday for having such a wonderful partner.

Thanks for listening, I don't tell my story very often, but today is a very special day...more than just the holiday for me.

Best regards, and !!!!

Jim

Very touching. Thanks for sharing. It's the tough things we go through in life that make us stronger and help us to realize our most important priorities- Family, friends, and a good dog. Everything else is somewhat insignificant. God Bless.

What he said +1,000

Sorry for your loss and congratulations of finding your soulmate, Happy Anniversary to you both.

and she isnt all you have.......you have us too......

But i'm sure she's much better looking!

Happy Anniversary to you and your better half!

Archived