TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mcleod Rxt Failed In 4 Months.

rollout34

Hey guys trying to get some insight. i switched over to McLeod RXT when my car had 650whp 4 months ago. I broke the clutch in as specified, installation went with ought a hitch and i loved the clutch feel and performance.About a month ago i moved up to 750-800whp i have not had any track passes on the clutch at all, just spirited driving and some mexico runs 60 rolls, so nothing crazy. Two days ago the clutch started slipping, and now it is to the point where under any moderate acceleration it slips. i just do not get it because the gears engage perfect, i did not loose pedal pressure and all goes well except for all the slippage. Just thinking that i will have to cough up another $1800 in less than 5 months just frustrates me.

Hey guys trying to get some insight. i switched over to McLeod RXT when my car had 650whp 4 months ago. I broke the clutch in as specified, installation went with ought a hitch and i loved the clutch feel and performance.About a month ago i moved up to 750-800whp i have not had any track passes on the clutch at all, just spirited driving and some mexico runs 60 rolls, so nothing crazy. Two days ago the clutch started slipping, and now it is to the point where under any moderate acceleration it slips. i just do not get it because the gears engage perfect, i did not loose pedal pressure and all goes well except for all the slippage. Just thinking that i will have to cough up another $1800 in less than 5 months just frustrates me.

Not sure what happened. I read that they are rebuild able for like <>$600 or so. I have the same clutch about 620HP at the wheels. So far so good.