TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recommended Automotive Repair Shops On The Monterey Peninsula?

WYTSNKE

Hi all,

I've moved back to the Monterey Peninsula from the South Bay (still work in Cupertino, but now live in the Skyline Forest area).

Where do Team Shelby members take their Shelbys for maintenance and repair on the Monterey Peninsula? Any recommendations? I'm willing to pay a little extra for someone who's reputable and reliable.

My '07 Shelby GT is due for an oil change, and I also need a short throw shifter and GT500 KR axle back exhaust [M-5230-S] installed.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated!

For dealer service, Salinas Valley Ford in Salinas is the authorized Shelby dealer and they have done well for me in the past. I do my own PM services so have not taken the car for any major work. Maybe others can chime in. Welcome back to the peninsula. A few of us will be going to Salinas Valley Ford car show on the 16th as an FYI.

Having worked in the auto repair business (on the peninsula) nearly all of my adult life, I can tell you were NOT to take your car.

It would have to be done privately, I don't want to get sued.

Phill

For dealer service, Salinas Valley Ford in Salinas is the authorized Shelby dealer and they have done well for me in the past. I do my own PM services so have not taken the car for any major work. Maybe others can chime in. Welcome back to the peninsula. A few of us will be going to Salinas Valley Ford car show on the 16th as an FYI.

Thanks, Harald -- appreciate the info (I've heard good things about Salinas Valley Ford).

If I weren't driving back and forth so much, I'd take care of the oil changes, etc. myself (need to put up with the long distance work grind for a few more years).

It's good to be back!

Having worked in the auto repair business (on the peninsula) nearly all of my adult life, I can tell you were NOT to take your car.

It would have to be done privately, I don't want to get sued.

Phill

Thanks, Phill -- sending you a PM (just as valuable of info).

Edited by WYTSNKE

Thanks, Phill -- sending you a PM (just as valuable info as where to go for service).

Hi Phill,

The TS site is telling me that you're unable to receive any new messages ... do you mind sending me a PM?

Thanks!

Hi Phill,

The TS site is telling me that you're unable to receive any new messages ... do you mind sending me a PM?

Thanks!

Done. I can't find my PM inbox and suspect it has to do with me letting my Team Shelby membership expire.

If you don't get my PM, let me know here.

Thanks,

Phill

Hi all,

I've moved back to the Monterey Peninsula from the South Bay (still work in Cupertino, but now live in the Skyline Forest area).

Where do Team Shelby members take their Shelbys for maintenance and repair on the Monterey Peninsula? Any recommendations? I'm willing to pay a little extra for someone who's reputable and reliable.

My '07 Shelby GT is due for an oil change, and I also need a short throw shifter and GT500 KR axle back exhaust [M-5230-S] installed.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated!

Call redneckgt (Jim) - he has Pinnacle Performance Motorsports in Hollister. I think that his number is on his facebook page - if not - PM me and I'll give it to you.

Done. I can't find my PM inbox and suspect it has to do with me letting my Team Shelby membership expire.

If you don't get my PM, let me know here.

Thanks,

Phill

Your PM came through A-OK ... sent you an email.

Thanks,

Martin

Call redneckgt (Jim) - he has Pinnacle Performance Motorsports in Hollister. I think that his number is on his facebook page - if not - PM me and I'll give it to you.

Thanks much for the info (particularly helpful when it comes to the mods). I was able to find Jim's Facebook page and shop number ... I'll be giving him a call.

-Martin