TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Do You Confirm It's A Super Snake?

Apologies for this newbie question but I did search and browse around here quite a bit first. Granted I did get side-tracked with lots of interesting posts and info :)

I'm considering the purchase of a 2008 Shelby GT 500 that is being touted as a Super Snake. But it's not the original owner and I'm concerned about its authenticity. I have its VIN# and rooted around on the SAI website that is often referenced here, but for the life of me can't find any way of really authenticating it.

Thanks....I'm heading back to reading more threads!!

Edited by Jazzper

If it is a Super Snake at a minimum it should have SAI CSM plates on the dash and under hood. Get pictures of this and then call Shelby to confirm that the CSM number matches the VIN and the car is real. No CSM plates it is a real slim chance of being real.

Good Luck

GT

Thanks all -- I'll be giving Steve a call shortly....probably still a bit early Vegas time :)

Re: the CSM plates...

Is it the case that ALL Super Snakes got that badging? I thought I saw in a few posts that not all GT500's had them and it was possible to get just the supercharger stuff done to it out in Vegas?

Thanks all -- I'll be giving Steve a call shortly....probably still a bit early Vegas time :)

Is it the case that ALL Super Snakes got that badging? I thought I saw in a few posts that not all GT500's had them and it was possible to get just the supercharger stuff done to it out in Vegas?

Yes, ALL Shelby editions got the badging with CSM, once you have the CSM# Steve will be able to verify.

All SAI (or affiliate) built Super Snakes received the CSM plates when they were modified by Shelby. Correct, no factory Ford GT500's have CSM plates until they received modification by an authorized Shelby shop.

All SAI (or affiliate) built Super Snakes received the CSM plates when they were modified by Shelby. Correct, no factory Ford GT500's have CSM plates until they received modification by an authorized Shelby shop.

Yes but make sure you do not confuse the CSM plate with the shelby signature plate that anyone can buy. The CSM plate should have the year 07, the model SS, and it's unique number 456. (07SS0456) Good to go ?

The shelby signature plate will have the Vin # and shelby's signature. No go ?

It *is* possible to get just the supercharger stuff done out in Vegas. But that doesn't make it a Super Snake.

Just a GT500 with a Shelby installed supercharger.

Phill