TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Important Meeting !

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hide:

I saw the Prototype at the 50th in Charlotte. It was inside the Host Hotel just outside the Banquet Room. Looks nice but I was shocked at how much of the design was Vinyl and how little of it was Painted. I have Photos of it sitting in the Hotel. Some friends an I went over it closely and I was not impressed with it because of all the Vinyl used when it should have been Paint. A lot of the Black is Vinyl as is the White Roof. At least it was at the 50th.

Fellas, fellas, fellas......he said he bought it. He didn't say it was home yet?!

:hysterical:

For now the pic on Google images will have to suffice. :salute:

HEY!!!! Whos side are you on..... :rant:

everybody has a cell phone that can post images instantly to the internet so there is ........ oh wait a minute..... maybe not everyone has a cell phone that can post images.... my bad..... I'll wait :hide:

I saw the Prototype at the 50th in Charlotte. It was inside the Host Hotel just outside the Banquet Room. Looks nice but I was shocked at how much of the design was Vinyl and how little of it was Painted. I have Photos of it sitting in the Hotel. Some friends an I went over it closely and I was not impressed with it because of all the Vinyl used when it should have been Paint. A lot of the Black is Vinyl as is the White Roof. At least it was at the 50th.

All paint with clear over, with the exception of the white C-stripes. Even the white pin stripe is paint with clear over.

everybody has a cell phone that can post images instantly to the internet so there is ........ oh wait a minute..... maybe not everyone has a cell phone that can post images.... my bad..... I'll wait :hide:

Edited by cmcmotorworks

I do have pics on my phone, I just don't know how to post them.

All paint with clear over, with the exception of the white C-stripes. Even the white pin stripe is paint with clear over.

That's good to know, is your Car the one that was displayed at the 50th in Charlotte? If I remember right, one of the Saleen guys noticed that I noticed that it was Vinyl and said that it was done in a rush to make it to the Show, so I guess they planned to peel off all the Vinyl and do it in Paint later. I noticed it was Vinyl because of the small Bubbles.

I do have pics on my phone, I just don't know how to post them.

well you're better than me.... it's a long standing joke between BikeBoy and myself about my lack of technology and my "old" slide phone! I have to send my pics to my email via text message, save them on the 'puter then paste them into a post, it only takes me about a day and a half :hysterical:

Can't you just take a picture - then roll it up and put it in the can - and then let it run down the string to the other can? :punched:

don't talk so stoopid..... we all know it won't fit through the wire.... you have to use binder clips and sling them down the wire...... oops.. I think they do that in a restaurant I've been to....

don't talk so stoopid..... we all know it won't fit through the wire.... you have to use binder clips and sling them down the wire...... oops.. I think they do that in a restaurant I've been to....

Like they send the orders to the cooks at Hooters?

:lurk:

......and spin around three times in your front yard, all along singing Mary Had A Little Lamb.............backwards!!

:hysterical2:

NO !! That's how you get Black Sabbath tickets!!! :kyle_caraway :

Oh, just use a smaller phone.....

:call: + :camera: = :punched:

Here is the one that was at the Banquet at the 50th in Charlotte.

That is the exact car. Maybe they used vinyl for the Charlotte. It sure looks like paint in the pics though. The paint was the biggest reason I went to look in person before buying. Car is full paint, black, white and red including white separation stripe. The only vinyl like I said is the C-stripe and static cling numbers. 001 is unique in that it is the only one with navigation, billet rear taillight trim, GF badging on seats along with a few other things. If you look on the Saleen site under Heritage cars, it shows limited to 250, and sold out. Apparently the delivery from ford for the remaining 2014 red GTs fell through. Only 10 cars will be built. 3 of them were in production at the time I was there, one of them being for George Follmer himself. Beautiful paint work on the car. Drove and shifted smooth and flawlessly. Couldn't pass it up to set next to my PJ. Who knows, I may be tired of them next week and sell them both. Edited by cmcmotorworks