TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question For Spp

i stand corrected regarding shelby performance parts customer service, thanks to Chris.

Chris Ruby is a good man. I brought this post to Keith Criswell's attention last night. He said he had assigned it to Chris, so I knew it would be handled.

Jer

For drag racing, I use a 17" wheel/drag radial combo, any idea if this rear brake set up will work with that? My DD wheels are 20's so I know it will work for that.

Dan

Dan,

Just got done installing this larger caliper/rotor set up and I don't think there's any way they would work with 17" wheels. The gap between the top edge of the caliper and the rim is probably right at or a little less than a 1/4". I actually moved my flat wheels weights inward because they barely fit while going past the caliper and I didn't want to take any chances. Hope this helps.

post-30105-0-51251100-1439835355_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-23517900-1439835453_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-28263800-1439835561_thumb.jpg

Glad he got his questioned answered Jer you still seem to be the man to go to. Jer.

Nah, that's Chris Ruby.

Just keep in mind, if you want to be noticed, it can be difficult when someone asks a question about a plaque order in the middle of a thread about brakes. It's easy for it to be overlooked. I just happened to see that post, and wanted to help SPP and the customer by pointing it out to Keith. He was already on top of it, BTW... I don't think my last post made that clear. I didn't get this handled, it was already in motion. When said he had already handed the issue to Chris, I knew he'd take care of this fast.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: always, start a new thread, or - better yet - contact Chris directly. Read the very first "pinned" post at the top of this forum section, "Contacting Shelby Performance Parts".

Above all, I'm glad to see it worked out!

Jer

Meanwhile, back to the original posting, already in progress...

Looks like the seller has sold-out of the adapters and I don't see them anywhere else!

Sam

Here ya go Sam, new link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-14-Mustang-14-Rear-Brake-Rotor-Adapter-Brackets-GT-Boss-302-GT500-V6-13-8-/161797211451?hash=item25abdd853b

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the adapters - very clean and quick! As stated above, rear calipers that came with the M-2300-T kit are the same as stock, so I just left the stock calipers on for now.

Here's a pic of the driver's side with adapter bolted in place. Essentially it moves the caliper mounting points outward to allow fitment to the larger rotor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/willson/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps2ateiauk.jpg

Sam

Installed the adapters - very clean and quick! As stated above, rear calipers that came with the M-2300-T kit are the same as stock, so I just left the stock calipers on for now.

Here's a pic of the driver's side with adapter bolted in place. Essentially it moves the caliper mounting points outward to allow fitment to the larger rotor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/willson/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps2ateiauk.jpg

Sam

Sweet, glad to hear it worked out well for you Sam.

Archived