TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt350 Markup

I'm no fan of ripping people off and good dealerships will know how to treat their good customers. For all the rest and the short sighted dealerships it remains a game of supply and demand. If the supply is weak and demand is high somebody will be making money. If not the Ford dealership than it will be a different party buying them at MSRP and then flipping them to the highest bidder. Why should the dealership lose money to those guys? Hopefully the market is smart enough to not allow this again like it did with the 07 GT500.

It was stated that any Ford dealer that wanted a car would get at least one all they had to do was fill out the paperwork. Now the GT350 was like the GT500-there was a fixed "program" fee. So if the dealer only gets one, he may want to (in the form of an ADM) pass along that program fee. Tell him he sold one and can get another and try to pass it on to someone else :)

One dealer I talked to last week said that Ford was charging all dealers a $2,000 fee (program fee?) just to be able to have the right to purchase a GT350. Can anyone confirm that? Basically that since many dealers were charging way over MSRP that Ford wanted to get their cut out of that as well.

One dealer I talked to last week said that Ford was charging all dealers a $2,000 fee (program fee?) just to be able to have the right to purchase a GT350. Can anyone confirm that? Basically that since many dealers were charging way over MSRP that Ford wanted to get their cut out of that as well.

I saw a mention of it in the dealer package. All dealers that signed the paperwork were told they would get at least one car. So if your dealer signed up, and is special ordering the car for you, and has little expectation he would sell others (except by special order) then he may want to try to pass that fee on. I would suggest finding a dealer that has higher volumes and is willing to sell for MSRP. However, chances are if you have a friendly dealer the 2000 fee will be alot less than the ADMs some dealers will be asking.

I saw a mention of it in the dealer package. All dealers that signed the paperwork were told they would get at least one car. So if your dealer signed up, and is special ordering the car for you, and has little expectation he would sell others (except by special order) then he may want to try to pass that fee on. I would suggest finding a dealer that has higher volumes and is willing to sell for MSRP. However, chances are if you have a friendly dealer the 2000 fee will be alot less than the ADMs some dealers will be asking.

Actually, I'm hoping friendly dealer might sell under MSRP and then charging me the $2K wouldn't sting as much. We'll see. :)

Any buyers of the first 1000 or so units will see significant ADM, if history on "limited" and special editions of any manufacturer holds true. After that, the negotiations begin. If there is a second or third year of production, then expect much more favorable deals, especially if the cars sit around for a few months and the banks want their dealer payment. Remember, dealers do not own the new cars that they sell, the banks do.

I'll throw ya one more possible scenario.

If, and I mean IF, there is another economic crisis (which is arguably lurking right around the next corner) (Google it)..... We will see what happened when the '09 KR's sat on lots all over again. These cars will command hefty ADM's at first and then it will wane. Then when the economy collapses you'll be able to get one below MSRP. History repeats itself....always has. :fear:

EDIT- You don't see William Devane asking if ya have a GT350 in your safe. :hide:

Edited by BIKEBOY

• 2 weeks later...

So I am 1st in line at a local dealer for an allocation at MSRP with no program fee. It will be for a 2016. Now just waiting for the order blanks to open.

Edited by IASHELBYGT

• 4 weeks later...