TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt350 Markup

I received a personal email today from a dealer in Fort Worth. The dealer learned this past Saturday that they will recieve a GT350 (no date or quantity given) and their price will be $200k.

While this doesn't surprise me it does for some reason insult me. The dealer was asking that I help spread the word and inform anyone who would be interested in a GT350. I politely responded that I know of no one foolish enough to support or pay $200k. Although, I concluded that if the proceeds where to be donated then I would absolutly support the price and the dealers efforts.

I'm sure there is some one who will pay it, but I just don't understand why.

Edited by EL SHELBY

I received a personal email today from a dealer in Fort Worth. The dealer learned this past Saturday that they will recieve a GT350 (no date or quantity given) and their price will be $200k.

While this doesn't surprise me it does for some reason insult me. The dealer was asking that I help spread the word and inform anyone who would be interested in a GT350. I politely responded that I know of no one foolish enough to support or pay $200k. Although, I concluded that if the proceeds where to be donated then I would absolutly support the price and the dealers efforts.

I can`t believe to many would jump at that. If I wanted to donate money to a charity it would be one of my choice not a dealer that may put a percentage in his pocket.

Runaway....with 5000 cars planned they will be readily available.

Stupid dealers do not understand the elasticity of vehicle pricing, the market of potential buyers gets much more constrained when the vehicle price approaches $70K.

I am sure there are some lottery winners out there who want to be first, but I highly doubt there are 5000 of them.

This dealer is blowing smoke.

Early on it was stated that any dealer that signed the paperwork would get at least one vehicle, and beyond the first would be driven by other sales, probably based on how many GT500s they've sold in the past. So this means cars are not going to be "rare". Ford said the GT350 would be in the quantities of the GT500 and the GT350R in Boss302 Laguna Seca numbers. Those numbers were supported in the press again (I posted the link earlier this AM).

That's just hilarious!!! Sounds like he think's he's getting the only one in the country!!! $200K!!!! Does he think that he's Barrett Jackson selling a charity car with serial #001??? I'm sure many dealers will certainly pull $20K adm's, but $140K? :drop::hysterical:

I have heard a similar thing from a dealer, but it was all couched as "possible" ADMs that would be "demanded by the market for such a rare and desirable car". So, it has started, reminds me of the Apple super hype buildups around new gadgets, except Jobs never allowed ADMs by his outlets…….. :)

This dealer is blowing smoke.

Early on it was stated that any dealer that signed the paperwork would get at least one vehicle, and beyond the first would be driven by other sales, probably based on how many GT500s they've sold in the past. So this means cars are not going to be "rare". Ford said the GT350 would be in the quantities of the GT500 and the GT350R in Boss302 Laguna Seca numbers. Those numbers were supported in the press again (I posted the link earlier this AM).

Yes, saw the post and read the artical.

The dealer did respond to me stating that, maybe it will not be 'that' much of a mark up. May have been fishing with the 1st email.

Yes, saw the post and read the artical.

The dealer did respond to me stating that, maybe it will not be 'that' much of a mark up. May have been fishing with the 1st email.

My response to these kinds of ridiculous things is "I might have been born at night but it wasn't last night".

I am so sick of stealer ADM's.

History shows they DO NOT pay off in the long run.......EVER!!!

I can and WILL wait these idiots out. Let them take delivery , store em in a controlled environment , take the "hit"' and then take the "hit" again.

I'll be waiting......

Thank God there are these azzhats that wanna / have-ta, be the first on their blocks with the "first" of anything.

Edited by BIKEBOY

No, he probably means S. The R is the street race version, the S will be the full caged non VIN numbered Race car.

Thanks Jeff. That's that's exactly what I was refering to. You seem like a real good guy. I apologize if I've come across rude or a smart alec in the past. My wife says a little of my humor goes a long way, I just don't know when to quit ! Anyway, have a good evening.

you are too kind... if that was me I would have responded with 'are you out of your mind you F'n jerk***...

I have a childhood friend who actually has one reserved with the dealer then I reminded him you are aware the dealer will mark it up regardless what the sales guy told you, I think he was speechless

We ALL know what these jackasses did with the 2007 Shelby so I would hope everyone lets them sit on the dealer lots and not pay any mark up. Trust me, no one buys them the price will come down

This is why we all prefer Shelby American cause we bring them the car and they build it and therefore none of this nonsense exists

We ALL know what these jackasses did with the 2007 Shelby so I would hope everyone lets them sit on the dealer lots and not pay any mark up. Trust me, no one buys them the price will come down

This is why we all prefer Shelby American cause we bring them the car and they build it and therefore none of this nonsense exists

Exactly right!

My dealer hinted around $10-15k adm. I told him "not interested". I will let the stupid rich have at it first . I am on a list but will pass. At least Iam on a gt350 list!!!!!!! I will play the lottery a few times the next few weeks.

you are too kind... if that was me I would have responded with 'are you out of your mind you F'n jerk***...

I made it clear I had a much stronger opinion on the practice of markups but that I also knew that they are not responsible for setting the price. No need to shoot the messanger. The owner of the dealership/GM/Sales Manager is who would set this kind of rediculous price.

I am so sick of stealer ADM's.

History shows they DO NOT pay off in the long run.......EVER!!!

There was only one that paid off in my memory. That outrageous $20K ADM they put on the Ford GT back in 2005. I told the dealer he was nuts, it sat, along with 3 others, in his showroom for months, but he did finally get it, and the buyers got a great reward for paying it, but this Ford GT350 is not a Ford GT by any stretch, but dealers keep dreaming it will be…...

There was only one that paid off in my memory. That outrageous $20K ADM they put on the Ford GT back in 2005. I told the dealer he was nuts, it sat, along with 3 others, in his showroom for months, but he did finally get it, and the buyers got a great reward for paying it, but this Ford GT350 is not a Ford GT by any stretch, but dealers keep dreaming it will be…...

The Ford GT was the car that taught dealers about ADMs. That learning carried forward to the GT500 and then to the Shelby GT.

I have seen ADM for everything from limited edition Mustangs (pace cars, R models, early SVT Cobra, etc.) to ZR1 and Z06 Corvettes and Lightning trucks, all early releases to the showrooms. Nothing new, though the Ford GT took it to ridiculous levels with one here selling for $100,000 over MSRP. In rare cases, like the Ford GT, the future value may hold to absorb these ridiculous markups, but that is rare. :cool: